4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Its a good solution for at home laser hair removal that is long lasting, however it isnt 100% permanent and it depends on the hair cycle of each indivdual. I have done professional and now only use my sens epil. Both are long term but nothing has been permanent... value wise, this is a much cheaper alternative to nearly permanent hair removal. When it does grow back its very little, requiring minimal maintenance to upkeep being hair free, I just hair a few patches of hair. They do have coupons online and specials so I got this for $300 brand new from the site with an extra cartaridge. I love my Silk'n SensEpil and highly reccomend it... unless your lazt and want to pay 3x's the amount for a treatment you will have to repeat in the future.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

After buying this for my legs and half arms I was so scared to use it it lay untouched for a year. Once I plucked up the courage to use it I was amazed at how easy to use and quick it was. You have to use it on shaved skin and because mine is NC25-30 except in the summer I think I am at the higher end of those able to use it. My underarms are slightly darker and I felt slight burning when I used it there so I won't be using it on those areas. After two uses on the lowest setting I can already see several patches where the hair has gone so it's very encouraging. The replacement bulbs seem expensive but for results like these I think they're completely worth it.

About reviewer (480 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

Okay it's possible I may have to update this because I have not used this product for that long, but I am so excited by my results that I want to review right away! I purchased the Tria, which honestly hasn't appeared to have reduced my hair at all. (DO NOT RECOMMEND!) But after experiencing successful professional laser hair removal (though not permanent), I know hair's supposed to fall off pretty fast-it should not take several months to notice a difference unlike what I was told when I tried to return the Tria. So I figured I'd give the Silk'n a shot since if it didn't provide results fast, I could always return it. I continued with the Tria on the left side on my body, and began using Silk'n on the right. After just a few sessions, I noticed a major difference. I have yet to even use the very highest setting! This is amazing! I'm not sure if it's as powerful as pro laser hair removal yet, but I'm very happy so far. Update: This is NOT as powerful as professional laser hair removal (when it's successful-hair burns off immediately), but on certain areas of my body, it really does seem to slow hair growth. I will continue to use this and update my review on how it works on different areas of my body. The actual device is very cute too-compact and feminine. Update 2: I'm lowering this from a 4 to a 2. This does seem to slow hair growth, but due to the fact it's costly to continue buying cartridges, it's just not worth the money imo. I'd rather look for good professional hair removal deals and have the hairs really fall out than spend the time and money it takes for the Silk'n just to slow down hair growth. If it were at least as powerful as pro laser on ONE part of my body, I'd totally keep using it, but unfortunately it's not (not my legs, arms, underarms, nowhere). I was so excited about this product at first, such a bummer after several treatments my results still aren't that great.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

I bought the BellaLite from Costco which is made by the same company especially for Costco. I have been using this over an 8 month period and have used it 10 times and I have seen dramatic results. I used it on my bikini line, arm pits and belly area. Unfortunately, my legs are too tan so I cannot use it there. I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Let me tell you, I was one hairy monster before. I was seriously considering getting professional treatments which would have cost me a couple thousand dollars. But I decided to try this instead and figured I'd only be out a couple hundred if it didn't work. Plus since I bought it at Costco, I could return it if I didn't like it. It seemed like a no brainer to me. I started seeing results after maybe the 3rd or 4th treatment. And then half way through, I was kind of worrying that it seemed like my hair situation was relapsing. But I guess that had more to do with my hair growth cycle than the device. I should have taken some before and after pictures. But the results are dramatic. I absolutely love this thing and am so glad I bought it! The only thing is that it seems like my arm pit hairs are more stubborn than my bikini line for some reason. I still get 10-15% hair growth on my bikini line, 20% on my armpits and 2% on my belly area. But that is still awesome for me and much more manageable than the hairy monster I used to be. For your reference, I am asian with black hair. I tan easily which is why I can't do my legs, but for other parts of me that don't see much sun, this works great. Although, I do consistently get the sensor warning going off when I do my armpits which doesn't make any sense since my armpits are as pale as can be. I just move it to another part of my body and then when it starts working again, I go back to my armpits and then it works. So the system is a bit finicky but for results like these, it's a small nuisance that I am willing to put up with. I highly recommend!

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

Let me start off by saying that even after I read the rave reviews, I was still a skeptic. 'Perhaps the hair takes one or two weeks to grow back', I thought, 'but 6 months(as packaging claims)- No Way'. This product has turned me into a believer. Before I dive into this review, I will add that I am middle-eastern, and you know what that means-hair, and lots of it. After struggling with foliculitis in my bikini line for way too long(my hair is also coarse), and after seeing different moethods of dealing with it fail, the sensepil really was my only option. And it rescued me. I primarily used it on my oits and bikini line, and occassionaly on my legs. My problematic bikini line is, after using it for about 8 months, clean and clear! It is 100% bare? No. If left unshaved/waxed/epilated for a month, a few hairs are bound to show up, but we're talking 6 tops. For me, that's a huge improvement. In the pits, I had less success, but that may stem from the fact that I've never waxed or epilated that area; just shaved. After having waxed once, the hairs became thinner and easier to deal with. My legs used to be another problem area. I HAD to shave every 2 days, or else I ran the risk of my legs looking kinda manly. Now, the hair does indeed grow back much thinner, and with patches. Also, let me also mention that I looked into the possibility of laser hair removal and ipl, and found that the results are not permanent, cost a lot of money, and the providers which do it in my area are ppl to whom the idea of showing my private bits doesn't excite me, to say the very least. It's private, cost efficient, and most importantely, it works. It is the ultimate hair removal solution.

About reviewer (157 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

8 years ago

the bottom line for me in that the Silk' n is just way too tedious to use . I had read the reviews beforehand and expected this, but thought who cares if I see results. The problem was that the device is just too small if you intend to do large areas in a timely and precise fashion to see great results. Especially if you have a nice size 16 leg like myself : / Best for small areas, maybe lower legs, lower arms, etcetc. the most I could get done was the my two bottom legs and forearms and that would take at least and hour or so. the other problem I had is that it was hard to see the markings of where i had just zapped to line it up perfectly, so it was always patchy & coudlnt even use it on areas like back of upper thigh because I couldnt see the markings. I cant say if its permanent because I gave up after about 10 uses but the hair definitely came back slower and abit less on legs, arms while I was actively using it. The main reason for writing review is to let people know be prepared to be very patient and expect patchiness unles you can line it up perfectly. ...for me it was a waste of $$ because I just I gave up on it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Working great for me :) I no longer need to shave my legs to get ready for summer

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

8 years ago

Got tired of using other methods to slow hair growth (waxing, creams), so I tried this for more permanent results. Like others, I have used this for 6 months in order to give it a fair review. I am using exclusively on my legs because that is the most time consuming area to shave. I have been following the frequency recommended, like two week intervals +/- a few days here or there. My thoughts: So far, I am pretty pleased with the results. I have areas that appear to be pretty hair free, mainly on my lower legs. Other areas appear to be thinning and are not as dense. But I am not at the stage where I can go without shaving for several days although I can miss a day here or there and I'm fine. You can adjust the intensity of the light flashes which means you can adjust how much pain you are willing to endure. It feels like a snap on the skin. I went up to the strongest level (5) as soon as possible, but there are some areas that I have to turn down because snap is a little painful for me, like on the knees and around the bikini line. Also, when the glass window gets hot, I usually allow it to cool for about 30 seconds before continuing. Overall, it takes me about 20 minutes to do both legs. Cost is a factor. I bought mine at Costco and it came with three cartridges for about $400. Each cartridge is supposed to last 750 flashes. So doing an area as large as the legs, I get about 2 to 2 1/2 treatments per cartridge. Replacement cartridges are about $40-$45 dollars each and they are not typically on sale for less. I did find one web store that has 20% sales occassionally. So I am about $520 invested. Problem is that I have been noticing frequent email coupons (dont want to use the gr-name of the gr-coupons, but i gr-think you probably know what emails I'm talking about) for various professional laser hair removal services that offer like 1 year of treatments (like 6 sessions) for about the same amount I have invested. Now I am wondering if the professional lasers would give better results. The trade off is that I don't have to make an appoinment or have to tip the aesthetician.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I've been using the Silk'n Sensepil for the past 6 months and couldn't be happier with the results. Background: Prior to using the Silk'n, the slightest shiver would result in leg stubble even if I had just shaved. I also have light skin and the hair on my legs was coarse and black so even if my skin felt smooth, shaving left behind little black dots. My legs are also really sensitive and having to shave them daily (absolutely necessary) gave me really bad razor burn which eventually led me to purchase the Silk'n. How I used it: I didn't bother starting with the lower level zaps, felt they were a waste. I used  level 4 on my first session then upped it to level 5 for the following few months. I switched back to level 4 about 2 months ago because there was less regrowth and the actual hairs had become finer.  Results: I first noticed smooth patches by the second session. Small patches but it was encouraging.  Presently, I can happily say that my legs are pretty close to being hair-free! I can now get away with not shaving my legs for several days and when I do, it's on a few small patches where the hair is much finer than it used to be. My underarms are 75% hair-free so I still need to shave them but I'm satisfied with my current results. Will continue to use since hair grows in cycles and new patches are bound to pop up. Silk'n, I believe suggests continuous use for 1.5 - 2 years. The Silk'n Sensepil is expensive but I have found it to be worth the price since it worked for me. No regrets. *** The actual zapping doesn't hurt but the window does get pretty hot so be careful.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

I have to say, I was skeptical before purchasing this device, but I am so glad I did! I have a hormonal imbalance that causes hair growth under my chin (75-100 hairs). I have tried waxing, bleaching, plucking, and the No! No! device, with little results. I lived with the embarrassment and constant worry that my 'beard' had grown in. It got to the point where I had to pluck it daily. I have had the device for three weeks as of today. I didn't really follow the directions. This was my schedule. Week 1: I used it once, at level 2. Week 2: I used it twice, at level 3. Week 3: I've only had to use it once and my skin is super smooth! Week 2 was definitely the hardest week, because you can only shave in between treatments (no plucking), and it was starting to grow in thick. There are still a few hairs that I am going to have to zap at level 4, but I am going to try to go 2 weeks before using it now. I had such great results that I've also started treating my lower legs. Already after 3 treatments (once a week) my hair is noticeably finer, growing way slower, and there are already some bare patches! I am still on my first cartridge. The customer service is great as well. They were very attentive and even gave me a call to see how everything was working out! A great product - truly worth the money

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24