First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

3.8

Water (Aqua), Sodium Coloyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Allantoin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

This is a great face wash. It cleans well and doesn't dry my skin (though I'm not sure I would use it on super dry skin). A small dab produces a nice lather. It rinses clean. The tube is great for traveling and doesn't leak. No complaints at all, except... I'm very sad that FAB is no longer cruelty-free. Otherwise I'd repurchase for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

SKIN TYPE:
My skin is extremely sensitive and I've been dealing with different types of acne (cystic, tiny bumps under my skin all over my cheeks/jaw and regular pimples) for about 5 years. I don't know what is causing my skin to breakout. I have combination skin- sometimes oily/sometimes dry/sometimes perfect. -.-

RESULTS- THIS IS ALL I USE ON MY SKIN, NOTHING ELSE.
I've been using First Aid Beauty Cleanser for about 2 years now and I've definitely seen a difference in my skin. On average my skin is now A LOT smoother, I don't get multiple big bumps on my face at once which I used to- before using this cleanser I was dealing with a lot of cysts and big pimples on my face at once which was frustrating! NOW, I'll get one or two every once in a while. My problem right now is I still have tiny bumps covering my cheeks (the type of bumps you can only see under intense lighting or daylight- the annoying bumps where people say "you're skin looks good, it's clearing up" and then you think "ya, it's because we are in good lighting...LOL". The reason I still use this cleanser is because I believe it works due to the results I have seen but I think I need to buy an exfoliator which will help clear these tiny bumps. I am going to purchase the exfoliator from first aid beauty because I know that so far my skin CAN handle their products so it is worth the risk. I use this product three times a day, once in the morning and TWICE at night (first wash at night is to take off my makeup and right after I go into the second wash to make sure I've really cleansed my face and removed all the excess dirt and oil.)

OVERALL:
I purchase this product all the time and it seems to help. It obviously hasn't cleared all my problems but I think I just need to remove the top layer of dead skin with an exfoliator and it will get better.

Creamy & mousse like, light cleanser with no detectable scent. I only used it in the morning, but I suspect it wouldn't be Not good for removing makeup, but it probably good for sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this face cleanser. I have been using it for the past year since I was on Accutane and this was the only face wash my skin could handle. It lathers nicely and creates soft skin. I have strayed from this, but continue to go back to it. It removes makeup effectively and doesn't cause breakouts. It's cheap for the size and considering it's a high end face wash, I hope the formula of this doesn't change. It's HG for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have received a generous sample of this in a subscription box. First time I used this, I just followed the instruction and put it all over my face and eyes, as a second cleanse, as I would when using a cleansing balm. What a mistake that was, this stung like mad around and especially in my eyes! It was by far the worst thing I have ever gotten in my eyes. Make-up was removed, but I would never use this for that purpose again. Now I just use it in the morning as a first (and only) cleanse and I avoid the eye area at all costs. For that purpose it's fine, but it does leave my normal skin a bit dry & tight, even though it's supposedly suitable for sensitive skin. All in all not a product I would buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm always on the lookout for a good facial cleanser for sensitive skin, so when I saw this on sale a few months ago I thought it would be worth a try.

The packaging claims it's a fragrance free, gentle cleanser which effectively removes makeup, dirt and grime, to leave your skin soft and supple. The whipped texture is also supposed to transform into a 'sumptuous cream' when blended with water and it's allegedly suitable for all types of skin.

So, addressing each of the claims made above, here's my experience with this cleanser:

1. Fragrance free - not strictly true or at least not based on the tube I had. Although it's not specifically perfumed (e.g. it doesn't smell like roses) it DOES have a 'soapy' scent to it. The only thing I can liken it to in the UK is Imperial Leather bar soap, which although not offensively scented isn't something I want on my face on a regular basis as I equate that to something quite drying in nature.

2. Gentle cleanser - I used this for about 2 months, almost every day, and would say this is a fair claim. It never broke me out or made my skin feel tight or sore.

3. Effectively removes makeup, dirt and grime - for me, this wasn't true. I couldn't use this on or around my eye area as it stung badly. Instead, I had to remove my eye makeup with a micellar water first, THEN use this to cleanse the rest of my face. However, it never felt like it was really working that effectively and each time I would follow up with a sweep of toner or more micellar water, which 9 times out of 10 would see traces of makeup still remaining on the cotton pad.

4. Whipped texture which transforms into a sumptuous cream - although I would agree that the texture is 'whipped' it NEVER transformed into a 'sumptuous cream' when I used it. Instead it had quite a bit of slip to it once I added water, which resulted in it feeling like it was sliding over the surface of my face as opposed to cleansing it effectively.

Overall, although I liked the fact that my skin didn't react badly to this, I feel there are cleansers available on the market which are much cheaper and do a more effective job at cleansing your skin and removing makeup. I'm glad I tried it, but based on my experiences I won't be repurchasing.

I asked a Sephora sales person for a cleanser for very sensitive dry skin. I was given a sample of this cleanser to try. I have only used this cleanser one time. The cleanser did a fantastic job removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup, my skin was soft and not dry feeling but, even though this cleanser was labeled for sensitive skin, it burned and stung my skin while using it. After it was rinsed off my skin felt fine. I will not be using this cleanser again. If your skin isn't sensitive you will probably like this cleanser.

This is non-drying and easy to use BUT I had breakouts from it and my face didn't feel clean (and I do normally use a mild cleanser from Lancome; the container was too big to take on holiday). I bought this FA cleanser at a Sephora while on a two-week holiday in Singapore. At the end of the holiday, even though there was plenty left in the tube, I threw it away and won't buy again.

I really like this cleanser, it doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I prefer to take off my makeup with an oil or cleansing balm first and then use this as my second cleanse as I don't feel like it takes 100% of my makeup off. Would definitely recommend and have already repurchased 3 times.

This is great at removing make up, it's very gentle. It does lathers up a tiny bit. It doesn't make your skin feel squeaky clean and dry which I love.