First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

3.8

Water (Aqua), Sodium Coloyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Allantoin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

I asked a Sephora sales person for a cleanser for very sensitive dry skin. I was given a sample of this cleanser to try. I have only used this cleanser one time. The cleanser did a fantastic job removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup, my skin was soft and not dry feeling but, even though this cleanser was labeled for sensitive skin, it burned and stung my skin while using it. After it was rinsed off my skin felt fine. I will not be using this cleanser again. If your skin isn't sensitive you will probably like this cleanser.

This is non-drying and easy to use BUT I had breakouts from it and my face didn't feel clean (and I do normally use a mild cleanser from Lancome; the container was too big to take on holiday). I bought this FA cleanser at a Sephora while on a two-week holiday in Singapore. At the end of the holiday, even though there was plenty left in the tube, I threw it away and won't buy again.

I really like this cleanser, it doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I prefer to take off my makeup with an oil or cleansing balm first and then use this as my second cleanse as I don't feel like it takes 100% of my makeup off. Would definitely recommend and have already repurchased 3 times.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After using this for a few weeks, I am so pleased and relieved to have found a new staple cleanser. I have extremely fair, sensitive, and temperamental skin, albeit with only minimal acne. After oil-cleansing, this foaming cleanser gently and easily cleans away the remaining dirt and oil on my face without leaving my skin tight or stinging my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the sample size of this from the Sephora checkout line before testing the full size out. I absolutely love this cleanser. It foams up and removed my eye makeup without stinging my eyes. My fave feels really clean and fresh after I use it. I don't have any bad things to say about this product, even the price is right compared to most cleansers in Sephora

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, but sadly this did not work for me. I purchased this cleanser because a friend of mine raved about it. she said it helped with her acne and helped even out her skin tone. my experience, however, was the exact opposite. this is marketed towards dry and sensitive skin. I have oily skin that leans more towards combination in the winter months. I was surprised how stripping this was. my face felt soft, but also extremely tight. I can't imagine someone with dry skin being able to tolerate this. it also left my easily irritated skin more irritated and red. for dry, sensitive skin? I'm not so sure about that claim. I stuck with it though for a good 2 weeks and then developed clogged pores on my cheeks which resulted in breakouts. as soon as I stopped this cleanser, my face started to clear up. overall, I'm not impressed.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Okay, so. I first tried this as a sample from Sephora. I was trying to find a new cleanser just to mix things up. I have extremely sensitive skin so I figured this would be a good place to start. The first time I tried it I was surprised. It foams up really nicely and you only need a very small amount. However, it left my skin so tight and dry. I decided to give it another try and I liked it enough, figured it was just an adjustment period. I used it for a while, bought two full sized bottles. Finished one (alternating with philosophy purity) and bought my last tube. Eventually, I tried the FAB facial radiance pads (to try and clear up the stubborn zits that wouldn't budge) and had a hell of an allergic reaction. After that, I decided to give this up completely to see if anything changed. Now I'm strictly using the purity cleanser and my skin is the best its ever looked. I still have half a bottle sitting in my bathroom so if need be... I guess, I would use it in a pinch but I'm not going to repurchase when it expires/runs out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a mild cleanser that makes my face feel clean. I have used a cleanser by Kiehl's for years and I like this one just as much as the one by Kiehl's. I have sensitive combo skin that rarely breaks out, and this cleanser is perfect for me. It's not drying, has no fragrance and is easy to wash off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Just some comparison info, you can skip this if you want:
I picked up the First Aid Beauty Cleanser and the Honest Beauty Gel Cleanser at the same time. I had been curious about both for a little while and though I'm not sure that they are frequently talked about together, I like making comparisons in my reviews. They are both supposedly for sensitive skin, remove makeup and are supposed to foam up. The full size FAB cleanser is 5oz which is $4/oz. The Honest cleanser is $18 for a full size which puts it slightly less per ounce but I got the travel size to test out which is $8 for 2 ounces and therefore, $4 an ounce as well. I try to use products for a while before reviewing, so I gave this about a week exclusively, and then I tried the Honest one for a few days but then went back to this. I use both with my Foreo, which I love. I was using DermaDoctor Brightening cleanser before and I sort of liked that but I occassionally felt taught or dry but not so badly that I didn't like it or woudn't repurchase it. Sadly, I dropped the glass bottle and it shattered all over, so I got these.

I have break out prone skin due to products, over drying or just because and also tend to pick at breakouts and bumps. So I need something kind of gentle but also not too wimpy where my makeup and dirt aren't removed. This cleanser is pearly, 'fragrance free' (I think it smells like soap, harsh soap, and it was a little offensive at first) and foams up pretty well. I only need a pearl size for this and it does cleanse really well. I find there is no residue on my toner pad after using this. So I disagree with claims that it doesn't remove makeup. I will say though, it DOES burn your eyes. I saw another reviewer said that and I couldn't agree more. But if I'm going to use it to remove my makeup at the end of the day, eye makeup is a part of that. I try to not linger there too long and I do need a makeup remover to get in the waterline and the reminants that I couldn't use the cleanser for. But that bothers me a lot.

The first few days, I really thought I was gonna be one of the people that loved this. My skin was looking pretty good and it felt soft after cleansing, and I appreciated that. I didn't feel tight and I actually thought it would, since this one feels 'soapy'. I had a feeling that it could be drying in time.

After a few days, I thought my acne was... changing with this. I know that sounds weird but it did. I felt like it made them pop up quickly but they came out easily and healed pretty quickly. They were less like cysts and more like big whiteheads so I thought that was an improvement. I didn't think it was due to the product but instead thought it was just maybe the start of my skin healing. However, looking back on how I just wrote that, that screams product reaction to me. Additionally, if I do mess with my skin, or a pimple doesn't extract well, things get worse. I started to notice that my skin was kind of taught over the pimples, old ones would reinfect and take forever to heal. The spots would sometimes go away quickly but other times they'd be very dark and sore. I KNOW my skin and I know that has to do with my barrier being compromised (that same effect I described happens to me if I over use BP). I admit I used some acne treatments as well on my ance but it's hard to not when you want them to go down. So if a cleanser is drying, it just makes it all worse. Usually, I can tell when something aggrivates my skin above it's normal issues. I really feel this was the case with this cleanser. It may take time to see if a product 'works' for fixing issues, but you can tell if it's drying you out or compromising your barrier pretty quickly. That doesn't go backwards with a drying product, you won't suddenly feel more moisturized with further use, it just gets worse. I have doubts about 'purging' phases, but of this (the drying), I'm sure. And any over drying causes me to break out, regarless of ingredients.

I can see why people either love or hate this. I loved how well it cleanse at first but I hate how it burns. Even if my acne wasn't just from this, (and I do realize that other products attributed to barrier compromise, plus my skin just hates me), I still think that the burning alone is pretty bad. Not only that, even those of you who don't have ance might still have drying with this that might not be noticed as easily. I just wouldn't call it sensitive at all. I don't think the Honest one was worlds better either. It came across as gentler but I felt like it was low key drying too. At first I thought I liked this and was going to write a great review but now I'm returning it. This was a big miss for me and it makes me kind of sad. However, it helped me realize that for my skin I'm moving away from foaming cleansers all together. None are gentle enough for me and my mantle is too messed up. Personally, I think no foaming cleansers are good if you have that issue/dehydrated/sensitve skin. Forget makeup cleaning, that shouldn't be a cleansers job. (I'm going to two step) I know some people have luck with this but I wouldn't comfortably recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was just okay. I will not repurchase. It would probably work for someone with normal skin who is looking for a simple cleanser for a second cleanse or for mornings.

My skin: dry, sometimes dehydrated. I gravitate toward oils, but wanted something simple and not messy for the shower.

Pros:
- Seemed gentle enough. Didn't irritate my dry skin. Didn't make my skin more dry or tight.

Cons:
- Though it advertises that it fully removes makeup, it does not. It didn't remove mascara well. I also don't trust that it removes makeup and sunscreen fully.
- It just seems like a cheap drugstore cleanser at a higher price-point.