First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Coloyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Allantoin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

I have dry, sensitive delicate skin and this face cleanser is the best for it. I use it day and night, and it leaves my face feeling soft. If I wake up with redness, I noticed this even helps to calm it down. I use this with my Foreo Luna which helps it to foam up, but when using it with just my fingers I feel like it doesn't give as deep of a clean. This is a very gentle cleanser, I would not use this to remove my makeup, I would probably use the oil cleansing method if I wore a full face of makeup and then follow up with this. I would definitely repurchase again, it's a must have for my sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this cleanser in hopes this would be an ideal face wash for mornings. I wanted something for sensitive skin, something creamy and gentle. I tend to gravitate toward anything that has antioxidants in it so I thought this cleanser would be a home run.
Obviously from my one lippie rating, you know this was not a winner for me.

Let me first play on the word in the description "sensitive" and let me fall off my chair and laugh like a hysterical nut. Nothing really irritates my eyes and I tend to keep my eyes half open when cleaning my face to make sure I'm getting everything off. DO NOT DO THIS. YOU KEEP YOUR EYES SQUEEZED SHUT TIGHT WITH THIS CLEANSER. You have been warned. The burn, omg the burn. It actually hurt like knife blades soaked in acid and lit on fire rapidly stabbing my eyes. Okay, fine close your eyes and go on with your life. Well, that's not the case here. This really is not a gentle cleanser. I find this pretty harsh and it dried out my skin horribly. It removes every single trace of oil and make skin feel extremely tight and rough. I'm someone with very oily skin and for a cleanser to eliminate all oil and suck the life out of my skin is something I would stay away from.

The cleansing ability of the face wash is good. It won't get waterproof mascara off though. But, it will get a full face of makeup off. So, one lippie for that.

The texture is a bit too thick for my liking. It almost feels as though I'm putting shampoo on my face. A thick drying shampoo like Head and Shoulders.

Overall, not my cup of tea and I will be returning this to Sephora.

To Read all 169 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had been using this face wash for 3 years. It was my holy grail...honestly the best face wash. Then I bought a new bottle and they changed the name to "Pure Skin". Well...they changed the formula too. It left my skin so extremely irritated and severely dry. Why do companies change their products which have 5 star reviews? I have tried 15 face washes since this one was changed and all of them either dry me out or irritate. I am so so disappointed by this company. I swore by the original version...so frustrating and sad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG face cleanser.

My face is incredibly sensitive. I can't rinse it with water in the shower because that's too harsh, and before I found this product I used olive oil to clean my face.

I bought this because a reviewer on here said it was too gentle to fully clean the makeup off of her face. That's what let me know it was truly gentle enough for my face.

I got a sample of this in a point perk from Sephora to try out. I'm not convinced it removes all the dirt from my face. When I use it at night I tend to wake up with some extra pimples, so it may break me out. I don't like the stripped feeling it leaves on my face after I wash it off. I am not a fan of "sudsy" cleansers, albeit this one is pretty gentle. Anyway, this face cleanser doesn't work for me. There are many other FAB products I will continue to purchase, like their moisturizer and acid pads. I am really stuck on oil cleaners - I much prefer them to cleaners like this one.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was very disappointed that this cleanser left my sensitive, combo skin dry and tight. I tried it for two nights and then discontinued. I know from past experience that feelings of tightness or dryness after cleansing spell trouble- it means that my skin's moisture barrier is being stripped, and even though you can restore a temporary feeling of comfort by applying moisturizer, over time your skin can become dehydrated and sensitized. Not good!

I really like that this cleanser has no fragrance, and I am enjoying many of First Aid Beauty's products, however I would advise caution with this cleanser if you have dry, combo or very sensitive skin.

So I quite like this product. I've been through hell with my face, I have always had super oily, acne prone skin (as in a good day was one with only 3 pimples even at 26). So after my wedding I decided I wanted to give Accutane a shot. I wish I'd done so before hand, let me tell you.

So during the Accutane Tx my skin became SUPER dry. I used LUSH UltraBland and it did the trick with a LUSH lotion. But now I'm off the Accutane the excessive dryness is fading. Now I'm a normal dry and my nightly face creams are too heavy when paired with my beloved Ultra Bland. So I had to find an alternative.

Because my skin is still so sensitive I had to go with something ultra gentle and the gal at Sephora recommended FAB. I got a small kit for $28, with cleanser, lotion, and radiance pads. I also tried out Fresh Soy cleanser. I find FAB really works for me.

Yes it has the white, pearly look of some cheaper soaps but I feel it isn't as harsh as regular soaps. I found it very cleansing without totally striping my skin. Yes my skin felt tight, but no more so than after using Fresh Cleanser or any other product (other than my super hydrating UltraBland). But a little (and I do mean little) FAB moisturizer defeats any dry, tight feeling. My skin feels soft and supple without being oily or dry. I can even safely use my Fresh night mask/moisturizer with my prescription cream without getting an oily face for layering the products.

Is this a product for a super young guy or gal wanting to just wash their face and go? No, not really. You need a moisturizer to go with this. But for a gal like me, who is considering wrinkle and age delay products as well as acne, oil, and dryness, this is a great product.

If you want a great, gentle cleanser for a "one stop" sort of routine, try LUSH Ultra Bland with the toner of your choice (use toner and not water to remove it for best results). It's great but no longer what I need. This is a great replacement, for my needs, but I admit it's not for everyone.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got this sample from Sephora yesterday. A little goes a long way. I used a pea-sized amount with my Olay Pro-X brush. I didn't lather which isn't a bad thing necessarily. It took off the morning oil build up. My skin felt a bit stripped after but a bit of moisturizer fixed that. I'm worried using this 2x/day will dry out my oily/ combination skin. So I think this should be a night cleanser for me

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG cleanser! I tried using other cleansers and broke out. This cleans without stripping skin. Gets all of my makeup off well and it's so creamy. Doesn't smell either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have acne prone/oily skin and this cleanser does not break me out. The product is easy to dispense and can last a long time. A little bit goes a long way because it lathers very well.
I would not recommend this product for daily use as it leaves my skin feeling dry, taut, and screaming for moisturizer. However, on days when I am wearing heavy make-up (after using make-up remover), I can trust this cleanser to finish the job in removing any excess dirt and residue.