Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.4

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

on 6/30/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

These were the most over hyped glosses I have tried. Did not like the gold glitter (flecks?) that were visible and were left all over my lips. If you are familiar with Chanel glossimers they feel like the glittery ones. Very gritty and uncomfortable. I tried 3-4 of them and did not like any. The gold one looked nice but I can't stand the gold glitter left overs. As well, these are heavily scented and fragranced (though tbh, it does not bother me with products if I like the look and feeling). I purchased two at the store, but they will be going back because of the noticeable glitter that I saw when I got home from the tester. I prefer Chanel aqualumiere gloss or Laura Mercier lip glace to these any day. Will never purchase these again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This gloss is ok. The packaging is very pretty, but that's about it for me. The color (golden pink and peony) streaks and seeps into the lines of my lips. And, I cannot tolerate the smell. I will stick to Chanel and Bobbi Brown for gloss.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I am normally not a lip gloss wearer, since I prefer opaque and long-wearing lip products. I will say that this gloss definitely changed my mind!

I originally picked it up several months ago where it's sat in a drawer untouched and completely forgotten about. I really wanted a youthful look today and didn't want to engage in the process of lining my lips and dealing with lipstick.

This is a lovely lip gloss, the shade I have is #3 and despite it's name 'vibrant pink' it is a true fire engine red. Admittedly I was nervous about the glitter (apparently it's 24K gold...whatever) but the gloss is a well-balanced mix of pigment, high shine, and glossiness. One coat gave my lips a punch of super glossy color, despite the fact that my lips are dark. It was so pretty I couldn't resist adding second layer! In addition to being quite pigmented, one application is more than adequate, however it's a bit sticky (but what gloss isn't?) and when it wears after about 4-5 hours, it leaves a beautiful stain and a sparkly finish.

on 1/26/2011 2:01:00 AM

Golden gloss #30
I bought this as a cheer-me-up and fell in love, which is terrible because this little stick of glamor is $34 cad at holts, ouch. But worth it, its called golden gloss for a reason so i dont understand why people complain about the reminisce of glitter left after it dries dries off. the fact that the glitter remains after the gloss is gone also helps keep my lips looking shiny till i can touch up again. This was a cheer up purchase so I bought the more glamorous one, but i was split between this and number #38 which is just a sheer nude with a slight peach undertone.
the difference between the two is that golden gloss, has golden flakes (of course), and it smells much sweeter (i think it has mango scent). #30 and #38 were the same price which really convinced me to get #30 instead.
I took off one lippie because of the price, Mac's lipglass is nearly half the price at $17.50 (it's my next buy). Other than that, i love it. descent brush, lovely gold top cover (though it could be packaged like its lipsticks with the mirror on the product too so it could be used like a mirror), makes me feel so hot and so happy :) if youre feeling down, definitely a pick-me-up purchase

on 12/5/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

On a whim I fell in love with this gloss in #31. The color is very neutral/nude and looks very lovely on my lips. I have semi-pigmented lips so I was afraid this shade might not work but I must say it makes my lips gorgeous.. a bit of MLBB. The gold flecks are a nice little touch.. I have been very into glittery/shimmery glosses lately so this was a huge plus.
I love the smell of it (although I can see how some people might not like it.. but not my case!)..
Smooth texture and not sticky as other glosses can get.
Only thing I would change about this gloss is the application. (knocked down a lippie) personal preference, really. I much prefer a doe-foot over a actual brush.. but overall definitely worth it and I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these glosses, I am very much a gloss girl. I have 1,2,3,12,15 and I believe 18, 20 & 23 will complete my Golden collection. I have some Pur shades as well. I love the texture, flavor, packaging and it lasts, overall a good quality gloss. I would give it a 5 but its on the expensive side. Very good stuff though. I love these. So far 2 is my favorite.

It just gives a sexy grown up lip. It's feminine and womanly, not so much girly ;)

The swatches on the site are pretty accurate.

on 1/29/2014 1:42:00 PM

I purchased this lip gloss for a wedding I was in. I am absolutely in love, the shade I got was “Golden Gloss 10” it’s a light pink with the gold flecks and BEAUTIFUL! I have never spent $30 on a gloss but the way it looked I couldn’t say no! It is pricey so I can’t say I will only buy this gloss but over Mac’s Viva Glam V= GORGEOUS!

These glosses are being phased out effective immediately, my YSL representative confirmed this today. So stock up before they remove their supplies. I found the last one in number 51 Golden Shell. It's a beige gloss that is multi-faceted with rainbow glitter and is perfect over nude lipstick. I love the sleek YSL packaging, the scent and the even fact that it's made with real gold flecks.

on 4/4/2013 2:39:00 AM

When it comes to make up I can spend a fortune on foundations from department stores and drugstores, but I don't remember buying a lip gloss from department store and this one not an exception
I bought it on clearance at DF &CCO ( I've never heard before) for 10$. I have it in 12( golden cinnamon ) and absolutely love it. This color is like darker bronz, very glossy and shiny, but appropriate for day time too.
The package is cute too similar to Sonia Kashuk gloss - 6ml square bottle. The staying power is above average ( compared to SK it lasts longer). It's not very sheer, it has color, but the color fades away quick enough ( almost 10-15 min.) and then it stays sheer.
The consistency is thick enough. I feel like my lips well moisturized, but not sticky.
It has fruity fragrance, which I enjoy, but if you like fragrance free make up, then it's not for you.
The bottom line is that it's too expensive ($30). Even though I like it very much I will not buy it for this price only if I come across the sale or clearance again.

on 11/23/2012 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Not a huge lip gloss fan out of the fact I never wear lip gloss alone, it just doesn't do it for me since I like a lot of color. If I want a really shiny color I just add some gloss to my lipsticks. Anyway, I have #47 White Gold Topaz. This is one of their newer colors they added to the line and its a bright purple. Crazy color to wear but looks so amazing and unusual. Let me just say I am now a YSL lip gloss fan! I will definitely purchase another color. The color selection is so gorgeous. You can't fail at finding your perfect shade.