Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

2.7

I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle, a fake, or a mislabeled bottle but this smells nothing like the notes listed. In fact, it smells like how I would envision Steel Sugar by Aquolina to smell. It starts out like a drugstore body spray for men then develops into something very similar to JPG Le Male.
While I like JPG, I don't want to smell like it. I do wear a few men's fragrances but this is just way too "clean and masculine". Bummer!!!

In a sentence, to save you from having to read an entire review....PSS is PS with black currant instead of a burnt sugar note. I admire all the truly genuine reviewers here...great job each and every one of you. I myself like the PSS just a bit better. This is the only flanker I've ever been able to smell the original perfume in also. At first, it's so sweet and strong, you can't sniff it close enough to actually pick up any notes! You have to kinda sneak up slowly to smell it. At first, I smell PS only a very deep sexy PS, and it left me wondering...what IS this? Ah HA...black currant! A favorite note of mine! Black currant is a bottled orgasm for me. I realize this is terribly strong and not for everyone, but it draws me right in. The only thing I didn't care for...and this goes for most scents...is vanilla. I don't get along with vanilla...most often. If I had my druthers, I'd tone it down a bit here. The original PS has that burnt note to me, like many have mentioned, and that was the only turn off for me really, not that I don't like that perfume! I don't get any fruits with PSS like many, and not a trace of licorice to me. I think, for me, the black currant could trick me into thinking there's licorice. It's a very similar smell to licorice...in a way that's impossible for me to describe. I have both PS and PSS now and I'm happy with both. I absolutely love the packaging they come in! LOVE em....but the bottles look like cheap glass ones you'd find in a dollar store and the "ribbons" on each bottle look real tacky...making me keep both bottles in the package out of sheer embarrassment! I think if you love sweet scents, either of these or both, you will be happy! Lasting power for me...terribly good! I should think you could drop a giant if ever you used more than two sprays....one is plenty for me! Again, hats off to all the reviewers here, amazing, truthful, detailed job!

Edit: Pink Sugar Sensual is amazing. It is like a drug...I NEED this forever! At the very least, it's perfection.

on 11/6/2011 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really wanted to like this fragrance, as I've been wearing the original Pink Sugar for over 7 years, and thought I would try something a little more sophisticated for evening wear. Based on all the great reviews I've read, I was so excited to get it!!! But, I was so terribly disappointed! It smelled so cheap and was actually nauseating!!! Did not smell sophisticated at all!!! Even my husband, who doesn't notice much, commented on what perfume I was wearing!!! It wasn't a "Wow! You smell great!!!"--it was more like, "Hmmm....what are you wearing? He definitely didn't like it!!!! He actually thought my original Pink Sugar was going bad!!! Looks like I'll be sticking to my tried and true!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to agree with those who say this isn't as good as the original Pink Sugar. This is supposed to be sensual, but I find it a little weird and...off. I got it for an excellent price at TJMaxx, but I just don't see me reaching for it often.

on 3/19/2011 4:12:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual does not share much with the original Pink Sugar aside from packaging. It's the same bottle but with black accents rather than pink. Okay. It's also very sweet, but much more floral rather than foody. Both have the same vanilla-licorice anchor on them, but whereas Pink Sugar is filled out with carmel-spun-sugar-baked-goods, Pink Sugar Sensual is filled out with sweet, nearly nauseating florals.

I have this love/hate relationship with the original Pink Sugar. I love it when it dries down, love the warm sweet fragrance it leaves in my clothes and hair, love the lingering sugary vanilla... and hate how strong and headache-inducing it is initially, hate how obvious it is I am wearing it, and hate how men seem to really dislike it. Pink Sugar Sensual had the promise of something more adult than Pink Sugar, something that makes up for all of Pink Sugar's deficiencies, but it doesn't do that. It smells very much like something you would expect to smell on a teenager, with the depth and lasting power of a body splash, though it does smell nice and I have been complimented on it. Because this is light and pleasant I will use up my 30ml bottle, but I won't consider repurchasing.

Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Bergamot, Orange blossom
Middle Notes: Pink jasmine, Tiare
Base Notes: Vanilla, Toffee, Sandalwood

on 7/2/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I gave this an overall rating of 4, because I expected some Wowza factor! Even though, there was no eye opening experience, Pink Sugar or Pink SUGAHHHH, as I call it, lol;p, sends me into a headache, vanilla cloying,and sugared frenzy angst, Sensual will be something I will GLADLY put into my vast collection of smellies!
There is a distinct difference, it has been described as the "older sister" of Pink Sugar, and I can smell exactly why that is! I sprayed it as soon as I received it today, couldn't wait! The opening was a strange but yet, enjoying experience licorice and fruit, very citrus but dark. And I am NOT a citrus liker, nor a lover. Nothing was cloying, overpowering, and at first I thought, it's a Tide scrubber...... and then it happened, it changed into this soft licorice, with everything I HATED about Pink SUGAH....I was expecting...the headache.
The headache never happened, there was no headache, just yummimess, a great big SURPRISE, vanilla, sugar, and fig...it was understated, soft, and something I could wear into my classroom! Usually, kids will tell you if it stinks,or they approve....lol;p! And I could foresee this as a keeper! All of my vanilla lotions:Vanilla Lace, Vanilla Noir, Warm Vanilla Sugar, foryournose.com, and lunableu.com products, will work with this. And the reason, I mentioned this to you about all the products, is it's versatility. I NEVER wear fragrance, unless I enjoy it.
I adore licorice, vanilla, and citrus together, the experience was not as mesmerizing as another perfume, Lolita Lempicka original, but there are some similiarities in the notes of both perfumes. It's not as sweet as Lempicka's note of licorice and citrus. And on me, Lempicka is WONDERFUL, but Sensual is a great sugar based scent with a mellow licorice note.
I just hope Aquolina doesn't make this a flanker in the line...yes, it could be better with the dark factor, a little more long wearing, but geez it's yummy! If you are like me and get the sneezes, tummy aches, and general thought, "Where's my Tide, so I scan start srubbing?"from the Pink Sugar Original, Sensual is the Aquolina fragrance for YOU!

Popular Fragrances