Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)
Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)Drugstore foundation swatches--outdoor

3.5

Contains: Active Ingredients - Octinoxate and Avobenzone. Inactive Ingredients - Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 60, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dromiceius Oil,Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Allantoin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben,Propylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), Mica.

on 10/4/2016 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this when it was still in the black tube, so I'll preface my review by saying it may have been reformulated, once packaged in the new tube.

With maturing skin at age 43, I have realized that some foundations and tinted moisturizers can really settle into fine lines, emphasizing aging areas I didn't even know I had! This TM (although it really is more like a foundation in both coverage and consistency) looks absolutely dreadful on me. I was very disappointed, because I was hoping for the "radiance" suggested on the tube.

The techniques I used in trying to make this work: applied with fingers, applied with Beauty Blender, applied with smooth and flocked sponges, and applied with both domed and flat-topped round airbrush foundation brushes (by It Cosmetics and by Real Techniques). In all of these ways, my results have been yucky. Even a finishing powder and/or finishing spray could not improve my results.

The lightest color is just a touch too dark for my NC10-15 complexion, if that helps anyone. Had the finish been acceptable, I could make the color work for me in the summer.

I have decided to give the tube to my 30-year-old cross-dressing friend, in the hopes that s/he will benefit from it. Perhaps a younger complexion can make a success of it!

The packaging is lovely and the coverage was okay but this product really broke me out! I thought maybe it was something else I was using, but every time I would give this a go I would end up with a face full of acne.

To Read all 153 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/3/2016 11:38:00 AM

This is my go-to foundation! I never liked actual foundations because no matter how closely it matches your skin tone, it still always looks fake and obvious. This tinted moisturizer is perfect - just enough coverage to hide some uneven skin tone, but looks like my own skin and not like I'm wearing a face full of makeup!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is difficult to blend onto the skin (even after moisturizing it). Once on, it sits on the skin, and it looks obvious you have foundation on. It goes on and looks like a bad, poor formulated foundation. I have smooth, oily skin and this clung to my skin in a weird way. I feel like this would be even worse for someone with mature/dry skin. I've used a tiny bit, I've tried blending it with my fingers/sponge/brush--it's terrible either way. No7 foundations, NYX bb cream, Revlon Colorstay, L'Oreal true match--all these are nice, or I can work with them. Not this one. i've also been disappointed in the stick foundation and some of the concealers. The only item I love is the hidden agenda concealer--that's an amazing quad of concealers, and setting powder. That's also the only item by Sonia Kashuk I'll be repurchasing.

on 12/6/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! I've gone through a couple bottles of this in tan, when I'm NC40. It gives a bit of coverage and is definitely moisturizing, but doesn't cover up my blemishes enough (I know it's not meant for that!). It feels lovely on, and I like the squeeze tube (good for travel). I prefer Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Luminous Foundation (see my review) - it's the BEST for a bit more coverage in yellow based shades with a dewy glow!

on 9/14/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty thick product and it takes some working with. The first time I wore it I came across as very mask like so I thinned it down with some of my moisturizer and wore it for a few weeks like that. Now that I have the hang of it I use much less product and don't need to thin it out with moisturizer. Less is more with this tinted moisturizer. I really like the coverage it gives and that I don't really need to go back in with a concealer, except for under my eyes. I really like that it is fragrance free and does not cause my skin to react in any way. Good price and good product. I think this is too heavy for summertime but fine for the other three seasons of the year. I would definitely buy it again.

on 5/20/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan of this tinted moisturizer. The whole point of tm is to look more natural. To me, this looks very plasticy on the skin. The coverage is medium, and the packaging is classy. That's about it.

on 4/19/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Having tried many foundations & not loving any of them, I decided to try Sonia Kashuk's new formulation. The honey shade works perfectly for me. The price is reasonable, coverage is not too thick or thin, it moisturizes nicely & matches my skin tone. I put it on with my fingers, then dab with a sponge. I use powder over the top if I want a more formal look, but it's fine without. Cream blush plus a little mascara & I'm ready to go. Finally found a winner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Alright, so I read so many mixed reviews with this one, but decided to buy it anyway. So far, I really like it. It is very moisturizing. It is not meant to cover up blemishes or acne. It is meant to give you a more natural look. I prefer taking care of my skin, rather than covering up flaws. That is why I picked this out. I don't like paying so much money for something that I may not even like at all. since I do get a bit oily throughout the day, when I do wear this, I usually set it with the e.l.f. HD loose powder. Makes my skin look natural and non-greasy. I got this in tan and it matches my skin so perfect. So happy I found this. Normally I would buy missha bb cream, but I think I prefer this moisturizer instead.

on 1/13/2015 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Skipping over my friend's advice to buy Laura Mercier, I decided to try Sonia's instead. Unlike my past luck with foundation, I choose the perfect color right off the bat! I really like it, it covers but its light and no break-outs. I am a fan! Thanks Sonia, sorry Laura.