Bourjois 1001 Lashes

3.3

on 11/2/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

The lash multiplier
Reaches every single lash regardless of their length or location

A mascara that only thickens or lengthens the lashes is no longer enough! Bourjois goes further and multiplies your lashes!

This high-tech mascara containing vitamin C & E derivatives visually multiplies the number of lashes for a full fringe of eyelashes.. more dense, more beautiful.

The revolutionary patented** double helix brush has astonishing powders: with its twelve rows of bristles, it works on every single lash, even the very smallest. In just one application, every lash is reached and fully coated from root to tip without clumping.

Its lengthening, rich in pigments glide-on formula intensifies and gives maximum body to all your lashes.

Enriched with natural waxes, vitamin E and C derivatives, it is suitable for sensitive eyes.

Well, I was suckered into buying this because I have tried so many Bourjois mascaras and have loved them all! After reading what it suppose to do it sort of comes through. It does reach all my lashes and it does extend my lashes. They look extremely long. This gives a great dark glossy lashes. I don't really see a lot thickness in my lashes but I do have thin lashes. So, if you have lashes that are okay and you want dark lashes this is it. I always want volume, volume, volume!

on 11/27/2009 12:12:00 PM

I'm still searching for my ultimate mascara and have become very disillusioned with the number of disappointments I have wasted money on . I really didn't expect this to be as good as it is. It's a real find! Lovely long lashes in two coats without clumps and less than 10! I understand Chanel are the parent company of Bourjois and would consider this comparable to Chanel's "Imitable". Would definitely recommend.

on 1/3/2010 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like mascara's who give a lot of volume because I just can't stand the way it feels. So I always look for seperating mascara's like Masterpiece from Max Factor.

And I love this one! Makes my lashes very long, seperates en NO clumps :)

on 1/8/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is really the worst mascara i've gone and bought on a whim. It looked pretty good - it's s'posed to 'multiply' the amount of lashes, separate them without clumps.

Well, it didn't multiply my lashes - it only made them look, not clumpy, but sort of dotty - the way a chavvy schoolgirl applies her rimmel mascara with about 5 coats. lashes aren't separated properly, the brush isn't brilliant and it's hard to remove - for Bourjois? Just awful.

I paid 10 quid for this. Days later it went down to like 4. Cheers, boots!

on 1/8/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara, it is not outstanding nor would I consider re-purchasing it because I am sure there are probably better ones to be found! I do like it though and although the first few uses it was a bit clumpy (the usual wetness of a new mascara) I find it works as well as my Rimmel Sexy Curves or L'Oreal Telescopic. It lengthens and catches my lashes adequately and as time goes by, it becomes more and more effective - I have learnt how best to use the brush and I now happily use this mascara daily. It comes 2nd to my Maybelline Falsies but I still like it more than I did when I first bought it!

on 4/1/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product in Quarts black on Amazon for like 3.50, but it was closer to 10 in shops. It had really good reviews on here, so I thought, eh sure. When I first applied it though, I wasn't "wowed" at all. It was exactly like the much cheaper Maybelline Great Lash after you apply that a few layers thick. Kind of clumpy, fake, but hey, isn't all mascara. The brush is awful, it's a fad, the helix shape just makes the middle few lashes clump, that's right where the brush expands to its largest. I have to get out my other little brushes to separate them. It does make my lashes quite long, they touch my eyebrows sometimes, but to be honest they'd do that with any other thick mascara. I can't justify the price here. It's not awful, but there are cheaper ones with the same effect. And the quarts black is no blacker than any other mascara either.
Ooh, one last thing, it does tend to flake off a bit. Not excessively, but every so often you'll just get that sudden "There's something in my eye" feeling, and there will be black bits of mascara.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Black Quartz'. It was actually a gift from a friend, but I feel bad that she had to waste her money on this because it was not worth it! It clumps horribly! I find it's better for more dramatic looks. The formula is rather heavy and weighs down my lashes making them feel and look droopy (even after curling). Didn't work for me, but might for others.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very average mascara. The wand has a very weird shape, it's meant to reach every single one of your lashes but I don't think it quite works, most of the time it's just a bit annoying because you have to be a bit more careful with it than with the regular shaped wands. The product itself is ok, lasts a long time and doesn't flake, but that's it. It also clumps a bit. The tube got messy quickly and because it's white it's even more noticeable. So all in all this mascara is quite good at lenghtening but doesn't give any volume. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/26/2011 5:26:00 PM

I am extremely hard to please when it comes to mascara. I received this as a freeby from Strawberrynet, so I wasn't expecting miracles, in fact, I was expecting a mascara that would end up in the bin. I was completely wrong! Bourjois have always put out quality products and this one is an absolute gem! The brush is ridiculous looking, but it really does the job. It gets every single lash and it makes them look really long! I chose blue as you had a choice of blue or brown as your freeby and I do love a blue mascara as long as it is a navy blue. I have blue eyes and this makes them look gorgeous. I cannot fault this mascara. It does everything you want and it did not budge all day. I expected to come on MUA and find rave reviews. I just can't understand the negative reviews. This mascara is the bomb!

on 5/23/2012 5:01:00 AM

unlike other reviewer, I like this mascara a lot! Very good pigmentation, nice color, doesn't "fade away" like some other mascaras do... No clumps for me, although it's pretty liquid, so if you have a strong bathroom light over your mirror where you keep your make up (like I do!), i noticed that some of the products give it away to the heat..so that's what might be causing clumps! I like the shape of it, it defines lashes very nicely, and prolongs them. Couldn't say much about the curling effect since my lashes are naturally pretty curly... but it definitly defines them and prolonges them, with quite a volume!
With time, it gets drier and a tiny bit sticky...but, don't they all!?