Dr. Organic 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel

3.4

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Glyceryl caprylate, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Aqua, Sodium phylate, Sodium hydroxide

on 6/17/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Please be aware that the product doesn't contain 100% aloe vera. 100% of the aloe vera that is being used is organic (hence the name), but the amount of aloe vera in the product has been diluted with dangerous chemicals. It contains a relatively high amount of acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, which is not only toxic but can lead to eczema (why would someone put that in a skin care product??).

Just get a purer product (they cost about the same) or a fresh aloe vera plant (much cheaper), since Dr. Organics aloe vera gel can potentially do more harm than good. I mean, it doesn't even smell like fresh aloe vera. Instead, there's a faint smell of chemicals.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

First off I'd like to remind everyone that each skin is different. My reaction on the product can be complete different from the reaction your skin will give.

I was looking for a good face cleaning product when I found this. I was sold when I saw it was antibacterial, organic and that it hadn't been testen on animals.

I used it on my entire face and every time I applied it, it started off with a prickly feeling, which soon turned into a cold like clean feeling, as if I had washed my face with cold mineral water. This made me think it actually worked really well.

I was keen on using it so I used it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, and I followed it up by using the Organic Aloe Vera Concentrated Cream.

After a few days of using it I suddenly saw that I had dry red patches on my cheeks. It looked scarily much like eczema. I stopped using it after that.

It is hard to say if it really worked or did a good job seeing that I only used it for a week or so (and real results often take months).

It could be possible that I used it to much or to often or not in the right way.
I have decided to try out a new method with it and see how my skin reacts to it.

I will write a new review if I get another outcome or when I see it helped my skin in any way.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2014 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wouldnt give such a good reviews for this. This is a fair quality aloe vera but the consistency of it is too wattery. If it says gel there should be gel in it not water and gel. Not very good value of money for the quality given.

Where to begin? This product is so useful to have on your shelf. It deals with spots and blemishes, minor burns, dry skin, inflamed skin and sensitive skin, and it can be used as a general moisturiser as well. Its cheap, lasts absolutely ages and the shape of tube means none gets wasted when you get to the end.
Love it - get some!

on 4/14/2013 6:14:00 AM

Not so expensive at all, compared to other aloe vera gel products I have been used. Ideal product for moisturising, after-sun repair and lotion-mask.

on 9/9/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

07 March 2016 update:

I thought I'd better review this as I've bought another tube today! I am never without this stuff. It lasts ages, has so many uses...alas I have already reviewed.

I mainly use this as a toning serum, after cleasing my face I will liberally spread this over face amd neck, whilst still damp I will massage a 3-4 drops of my homemade facial oil over this at night. Boom. Done. Any inflammation bumps or near spots are usually gone by morning.

I mix my own deodorant with this.

Any irritations on my skin I will use this.

My 7yr old reaches for this for bites/stings/grazes.

BF uses this for his occasional razor rash.

Mix a drop of R. Camomile EO with a broad bean size amount of this gel and this turns into a super inflammation fighter, rash reducer the list goes on. I presently have a reaction to my much loved sunscreen...give me 2 days of not using the sunscreen (I have to say goodbye) and using this mix, I am confident my skin will calm down sufficiently that only I will know of reaction.

100% organic only applies to the aloe vera, apparently, and not the finished product which is annoying. It is the only thing in the range I would buy as the ingredient lists on the other products are scary!

So as near to a HG product I have.

______________________________________________

Due to stress I have been getting inflamed spots on my face that were getting me down. I am loathe to spend huge amounts of cash on my skin, but I do like quality and simple ingredient lists as my skin can b reactive.
Enter this gel, I was in Holland & Barret looking around and saw this was part of the penny sale. Thought no harm.... Anyway, I use it all over face n neck after a spritz with some water, whilst it is still sticky I apply a couple of drops of oil to neck & eye area. I let it settle then if face still feels dry I will add a small amount of basic moisturiser. This is at night. Well this stuff counters the drying effects of acne Rx. Also inflammation of spots n pustles are reduced by next morning. Also this contains no alcohol which is important. No fragrance and food grade preservatives.
Considering this is a 200ml tube this will last forever. Ideally this would come in an airtight pump. But I suppose use on the body would be long.

on 10/23/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know that pure Aloe Vera Gel directly from the plant is the best, but not very easy to use.
I found this gel for about 6 euro's and the ingredientslist seems safe (a 2 in the cosmeticsdatabase).

I brought this with me on my holidays in Turkey and used it as a nighttime moisturizer, it was really fantastic. My oily acne prone skin felt fresh, clean and oil free.
Now back in Holland I still use it at night, but I mix it with an other moisturizer, because my skin needs a little bit more moist in winter time.
Edit june 2010: This was fine on my holiday, but it is much too drying at home. So I keep on searching for that perfect moisturizer.
Edit november 2010: I started to use this gel on a cyst and some smaller pimples, it works like magic. Sometimes I have these pimples that are so inflamed that they hurt and are very red. The Aloe Vera gel gets the inflamation out of the skin in 1 or 2 nights. Love it!