Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream
Supershine Moisturizing CreamSupershine Moisturizing Cream

4.5

WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOHEXADECANE, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), POLYSORBATE 80, CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PANTHENOL, CYSTINE BIS-PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, KERATIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-4, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, AMBER EXTRACT, KAEMPFERIA GALANGA ROOT EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, PEARL POWDER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, OLETH-10, PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CITRAL

on 7/23/2018 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is by far my favorite Oribe product – it controls frizz, conditions, defines curls, imparts shine, sets and holds without any crunch, and fights the elements in both winter and summer months. A little goes a long way, making the price tag ($52.00) worth it for me.

This leave in conditioner does all it says it will for the hair, and more. You can easily get away with using a less pricy rinse-out conditioner because this stuff is working overtime to nourish your tresses. I highly recommend trying this product.

on 11/24/2016 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I know I would by this product again, because I have already purchased a back up to avoid any panic when I run out. :) That is a testimony to how good this product is to me. I have very thick curly hair and I use this two ways. If I am going to blow out my hair I use this as a leave-in before styling. When I wear my hair curly, I use it as a leave in before air drying and to freshen up the curls on days between washes. This is a very versatile product that moisturizes very well. I also use it very sparingly on dry blown out ends to give them some moisture.

on 8/15/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finally a moisturizing cream I can use whether my hair is wet/dry or curly/straight. This is a great moisturizing cream that leaves my hair shiny and soft and it only takes a little bit. I use it as a leave-in on wet hair and to moisturize my hair daily. On my straight dry hair it keeps flyaways at bay and keep my straight hair looking sleek and smelling divine. I also love that this cream actually moisturizes and not just sit on top of the hair and I have thick hair so the original is better suited for me however there is a light version available.

on 2/17/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off I love love Oribe products especially the Gold lust shampoo and conditioner that was worth the money! However, the Supershine Moisturizing cream was nothing special at all and weighed my medium highlighted long hair down for the price it wasn't worth it at all maybe for long very thick hair this works but I think I'm going to try cream for style and see if that works more as a styling cream with out the weighing down issue just my opinion not worth the heavy price tag

on 10/17/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Expensive, but there's truly nothing like it! I've tried everything at Whole Foods, several French pharmacy products, Kiehl's, Kerastase etc etc. I've just never used anything like this Supershine cream so it seems worth it to me. Excellent on my course, dry South Asian hair. Works a lot better applied to dry hair than damp. The effects also wear off throughout the day, so I usually put it on in the morning rather than at night. The packaging is nice although I think the bottle for the "light" version is prettier. The aroma was wayyy too strong for me in the beginning because I am used to essential oil fragrances but I've grown to like it. I also find that this product rinses out well with gentle shampoo and doesn't resist water like other silicone products.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have long, thick, wavy hair. The texture of my hair is quite fine even though I have a lot of it. I wash my hair every other day if not I get oily roots and dry ends. This is an awesome leave in conditioner. I was torn between getting this or the Bed Head afterparty since I just needed something to keep my hair smooth and frizz-free since it's humid in Hong Kong. So glad I went with this. My hair feels healthier since I started using this.

Pros: - only need a pea sized amount for my entire head of hair (I apply from midshaft to ends)
- leaves hair unbelievably smooth (someone actually asked me if I blowdry and curl my hair everyday. I don't. I wash my hair, apply this, brush it through and don't brush my hair till the next shower)
- smells amazing but not overpowering which was what put me off from BedHead After Party
- large tube will last forever

Cons: - dropped the tube accidentally and the cover snapped so it doesn't close properly anymore. Hasn't dried out but have to store it facing upwards. My own fault but for the amount I paid, it should at least be more durable than a toothpaste tube but that's just my opinion.

on 9/10/2014 10:11:00 PM

This is NICE. Hands down the best leave-in conditioner I've ever used. My hair is so smooth and silky and SHINY after using this, and I've been looking for something to add some shine to my dull, dry hair. So many products either weigh my hair down or make it feel sticky or dirty. Not this cream. This is fabulous.

For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-texture, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some kind of leave-in on my damp hair before I blow dry. This could be a new HG for me.

This is the first product from Oribe that I've ever tried, now I want to explore the whole brand. I would definitely buy this again! LOVE!

on 11/4/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i always feel like saying that a product is the "best ever" sounds rather like a hyperbolic statement, but oribe supershine moisturizing cream truly is the best leave-in conditioner ive ever used SO FAR.

i have thick curly hair, and lots of it. i dont really like wearing it curly (unless my hair is very short), so i blow-dry and flat-iron it all the time. when i was younger, i would often get relaxer perms done so my hair would look and feel naturally straight. i stopped doing that a few years back because my curls have naturally relaxed over time. so ever since i stopped with the perms, ive been looking for a product i could use before straightening to give my hair a shiny, healthy, conditioned appearance when straightened.

i think ive found it. i bought this product because i wanted to give my hair a moisture boost, not thinking it would really make a big difference in my straightening. i applied a good amount to my hair right after washing it, and proceeded to blow-dry and iron my hair as usual.

as i was ironing, i could tell that my hair was looking different than usual. at first it looked heavy and weighed down, and by the time i finished ironing, it even looked kinda greasy. i was really pissed, thinking i had overdone it with the moisturizing cream and that i would have to wash my hair and do it all over again.

thank god i had stuff to do and didnt re-wash right away, because less than an hour later my hair looked absolutely perfect-- the way ive always wanted it to look. silky, shiny, healthy, and naturally straight without a single frizzy hair or one of those hairs that sticks straight up after ironing (i know some of you know what im talking about...). i think my hair needed a little time to absorb the product. its totally worth the initial frustration and waiting time.

i think this product will probably be too heavy for finer hair types, but if you have thick hair and *especially* if you have thick/curly hair that you like to straighten, i HIGHLY recommend giving this a try.

if you tend to do your hair right before stepping out the door, this might not be the best product for style-and-go because of what i mentioned about it taking a little time to absorb. but if you dont mind waiting a bit for it to do its magic, again-- highly recommended!

as for scent/packaging, as usual with oribe, its top notch. and of course, very pricy. (but worth it)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a hopeless addict when it comes to HE products that claim to smooth,soften, combat frizz without weight. After reading reviews here on MUA of course I had to try it. I was looking for something similar to Kerastase NectarThermique that would moisterize without necessarily needing a blowdryer to work. I have used Super Shine in my hair and let it airdry, and before a blowout. Both resulted in smooth, manageable hair but the effects are magnified with a blow dryer of course.
PROS:
- It smells incredible
- Adds a boost of moisture to dry hair
- Lightweight
- concentrated

CONS:
- Price is very expensive
- Salons are few and far between

Overall, this is a very good product and I wasn't disappointed. There are other lower price leave-ins or styling creams that have a similar effect. But, not the same. They are either too heavy/too light, ect. This is just right. FF glossing cream (also a fave of mine) is often compared to this but IMO has more of an oil base than this does, and may be more suitable for super-parched hair.

on 3/11/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is often compared to the FF Glossing Cream, but I really think this is a far, far superior product to FF. I tried FF many times in hopes that it would work for me, but each time my hair is left greasy and weighed down. But the Oribe cream does everything I wish FF did, and much more. I pretty much threw away all of my other hair styling/heat treatment/leave in conditioner products once I started using this. First of all, it smells amazing, and the scent actually lasts all day, I literally can't stop smelling my hair when I use this. Second, it really everything it claims to do, which is to smooth frizzes, add shine, and provide heat protection. I usually use a quarter size dollop of this and work through damp hair (not right out of the shower dripping wet, but after it's been aired for about 10 minutes), then I blow dry. The result is incredibly smooth, soft and shiny hair that makes me feel like I'm in a hair commercial. I wash my hair every other day, and this product never makes my hair greasy in between washings. I know it is an expensive product, but the size is actually very generous. I think a tube will probably last for at least 5-6 months, considering I don't use it every day. BTW I tried this on dry hair once, and dont' really like the result nearly as much as on damp hair.

Popular Styling Products