Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream
Supershine Moisturizing CreamSupershine Moisturizing Cream

4.4

WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOHEXADECANE, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), POLYSORBATE 80, CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PANTHENOL, CYSTINE BIS-PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, KERATIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-4, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, AMBER EXTRACT, KAEMPFERIA GALANGA ROOT EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, PEARL POWDER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, OLETH-10, PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CITRAL

on 10/18/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

About a week ago, I came out of the salon loving my hair and the products my stylist used. I didn't think to ask about them then, since I don't like being bullied into buying products I really don't want or need. Plus on my last visit the products she used seemed to be beyond sub par, almost driving me to wash it out immediately. However, after my visit I just needed to know what she used in addition to the BB curl conscious holding foam I saw her add before my blow out. Since the salon was already closed for the weekend when I called to find out, I left a message. I patiently waited until the following Tues for my answer, they had kindly left on my answering machine.

After searching the net about this product, I quickly found that there were only a few places that sold it and w/ a $49 price tag in tow. The salon was out, believe it or not, so I had to find another option. Bergdorfs online made it fast and easy to obtain, and I quickly had in my hot little hands the most expensive styling product I had ever purchased.

I have used this styling cream twice now, the first time with a little Pureology root lift. I usually shampoo w/ L'anza Remedy shamp and a little Pureology hydrate Codit, then use a spray detangler and moroccan oil and maybe a little root lift; prior to my blowout. My hair is thin to normal but I have lots and lots of it that hit almost the middle of my back. I have to also mention my hair is relatively great shape, but I do color it to maintain richness. Prior to my cut, I was in a bit of a hair rut w/ my hair falling flat and not keeping most of a style post blowout.

Since I purchased this cream I have been able to replace both my detangler and Moroccan oil. My hair is beyond shiny, has bit of bounce, style, and alluring musky fragrance; all without looking like I used anything at all. It also seems to be a better frizz zapper than my Moroccan oil, without any weigh down. However I live in the dry climate of northern cali and have not tested this against Southern humidity yet. I am also curious how this may stack up to Kerastase Ciment Thermique; which I have not been able to try yet. So far I am a believer, and am happy I forked over the mullah.

Update: I completely forgot about my love affair with this product, until I received a helpful vote email. I'm repurchasing it in the light version soon!

on 11/5/2009 5:41:00 AM

I have tried so many leave in conditioners over the years and have never found one that suits my wavy hair (which is fine even though I have a lot of it). This really is the best stuff. It is expensive, but it is really worth it. My hair is shiny and looks so healthy. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/14/2009 7:49:00 PM

I have baby fine hair so was a bit wary of this product at first, I didn't want anything weighing my hair down, but I needn't have been worried. This is probably the best leave in conditioner I have EVER tried. I would normally use Kerastase SJ but I am finding that this leaves my hair much shinier and really bouncey and is fantastic for my dry ends. Yes, it is expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. I use it as a leave in and as a finishing product to smooth any flyaways. This is a fantastic product for any hair type.

I'm sorry to say this product did not work for me. I have dry, curly hair that is prone to flyaways and I don't feel like this product did anything. It breaks my heart to say that since I love Oribe's work so much, but it's true. It broke me out and it just didn't give any shine to my hair at all. Also, it is just too heavily fragranced for my liking. It gave me a headache. The packaging is gorgeous, but it's really expensive and even if I liked it, I'm not sure I would repurchase it.

on 1/15/2010 4:54:00 AM

I found this product great, I have baby fine hair and normally use Kerastase NT (to blow dry) and Sublimateur Jour (as a leave in). I used the Supershine Moisturising Cream before blow drying, and I found my hair did look a lot shiner and had some control as well. However it is very expensive (had to rate it down as its a major point) but worth it as a splurge when considering the wonderful results.

on 1/26/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Supershine is the best leave-in conditioner I've used to date (and I've tried many). This is a silky cream with a mild scent that makes hair sleek, soft, and incredibly shiny. It seems to have a tiny bit of hold as well. A little goes a long way with this product; a dime size works perfectly for me. People who do not like 'cones should steer clear, since this is loaded with them. For reference, my hair is medium-thick, long, dry, damaged, colored and highlighted. Also, I've posted a pic of the ingredients list.

on 2/2/2010 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

best shine product ever! ( so far)
I 've tried many leave in conditioners or shine product's ( so far I got kerastase, Chi, Biosilk , Oscar B ,it's 10 etc )and 've never found anything like Oribe one.it's makes my hair like shine mirror.
the price is bit high however thinking that how much I 've spend money on other product's for trying to make my hair shine, it's worth it.
I will definitely repurchase.

Add, to get really shine from this product , I have to blow dry hair with round big brush which can be damege my hair,
but now I found Alterna hemp seed shine spray much better because I don't have to use heat tool.just spray on dry hair.

on 4/1/2010 1:45:00 PM

I love this one. I tried other oribe products and this is the only one I am impressed with. It doesn't weight down my medium-fine hair and I don't feel that I need to clarify often after using it. Give hair nice shine. Not crazy about the smell but it doesn;'t linger. One bottle lasted about 4 months. Expencive but worth it for me since a lot of leave-ins eigther weight my hair down or don't do anything. This product is a happy medium. I will repurchase. Tried to replace it with Philliop B. Lovin leave-in and that was a BIG disappointement.

on 8/5/2010 11:58:00 AM

I am a fan of leave-in conditioners as my hair is very thick and can get dry, so I like the extra step of a leave-in conditioner, however, the one issue I have is that my hair gets tangled, and so I have to buy a leave-in conditioner as well as a detangling product, but yet I find that Supershine Moisturizing Cream takes care of both issues. I shampoo, condition and use the Supershine Moisturizing Cream and my hair feels healthy and looks healthy. (I am a fan of WEN, however, sometimes, WEN can make my hair limp or oily, and so I budged and purshased Oribe to try out, and I am truly impressed with the line.) I wash my hair every other day and in my between days, my hair and style still looks as though it is fresh. Supershine Moisturizing Cream gives me nice shine, an extra boost of conditioner which helps with my tangles and is truly excellent. I understand that money is tight for many and Oribe is super pricey, however, if you can only afford one item from the line, try Supershine Moisturizing Cream. Another plus I find with Oribe, is that only a small amount of product is needed and therefore although pricey, your items will last a long time.

on 10/12/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best leave-in hair conditioner. This product really got grips with the knots and left my hair super silky, smooth and shiny. I already have natural straight hair, but this product makes it even more straight and not only straight but silky straight, like I got my hair done in a salon. I also like that it is a lightweight cream and left my hair smelling gorgeous and softer than ever up to the tips. Thumbs up!

Popular Styling Products