Lancome Hypnose Senses

Lancome Hypnose Senses

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a very small bottle of this back when it first came out (a few years ago?) and really enjoyed it, but didn't care enough to repurchase. Last January, though, I was on an Air France flight and one of the flight attendants was wearing it. I could pick it out immediately as something I knew and liked. I asked her what she was wearing and she nearly sheepishly replied, "Hypnose Senses." (I guess she felt like she should have been wearing something more exotic or expensive... anyway, it smelled spectacular on her, like honey and spices.) Once I use up more of the perfumes I have, I'm toying with buying another bottle of HS partially because it smelled so lovely on this woman. It's worth a revisit in my book! I don't think it smells exactly like Coco Mademoiselle, by the way, if that matters to any of you lovely readers. They're similar, but not dead-ringers for each other! If you gave me a choice between the two, I'd definitely pick this.

on 8/12/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really tried to like this but since I first put it on my wrist I felt it's not ''me'' at all, I constanty had the strange feeling that there was another woman somewhwere close to me that smelt this way. Like honey, roses and powder for start. I almost convienced myself that this perfume is romantic and elegant but there was still something annoying about it which I couldn't figure out. I bought a small bottle anyway.
Later I smelt something dirty which is supposed to feel seductive i guess, the draydown was not appealing to me at all... I continued to wear it a few times to see if something changes but nope, I couldn't stand it and gave it away.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I originally went to the Lancome counter to re-purchase Hypnose because I absolutely love it, Im almost done with my 4th bottle, and I rarely re-purchase fragrances (except T.M Angel) because there is always something new that catches my senses.
Upon smelling Hypnose Senses I was immediately in love with it's light airy floral yet a bit oriental fragrance. It smells feminine and mysterious, the next day after applying I was asked what fragrance was I wearing and I couldn't even smell it, I actually was at first disappointed because I thought it was too light for my liking.
I purchased the big bottle and I believe it was pretty cheap compared to the Hypnose which is like 20 bucks more for the same size.
What I love about this fragrance is that it can be worn all year round and I think it's appropriate to wear to work yet it's feminine and romantic enough to wear for a special occasion date, wedding etc.
Great fragrance, will repurchase.

OMG. I got this sample in a recent swap. I like Hypnose but this one is kinda horrible. First of all it is so sweet, it gives me a headache. a heavy floral with a powdery finish, it is so generic and heavy that i want to get into the shower and wash it off.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wasn't familiar at all with Lancome's new scent when I went to their counter for the GWP at Macy's. I browsed their newer scents. Compared to Magnifique, I thought Magnifique was very boring and instead, this was a very interesting, unique smelling perfume without being too strong. I really love wearing it now. It seems original, sensual, seductive and a with a hint of mystery; it does not "scream" the sensual or seductive. It's very nice for evenings out but worn in small doses, also works well for the office.
Notes: top: pink peppercorn, mandarin essence; heart: osmanthus absolute, rose leaves, honey; base: Indonesian patchouli, cistus (vegetal amber), benzoin, tonka.
Christine Nagel was the perfumer and she is very talented. She has also done Chopard Madness, Delices de Cartier, Miss Dior Cherie, Yves Rocher Rose Absolue, Eau de Cartier, Morgan de Toi, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Fendi Theorema, Lancome La Collection Mille et Une Rose - just to name a few.

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

On me it is woody and spicy, but too chemical. I find it quite ordinary. For me it is very "preppy" and "office-appropriate" and this is not my style. It is definitely a serious morning scent which lacks that sweet deep seducing factor I find in my favorite perfumes (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, original Hypnose, Guerlain L'Instant Magic, Escada Magnetism etc.). Other than that, maybe I would reach for it more often, because it could be an easy-to-go scent for all those ordinary mornings, if it wasn't for the drydown; when I first spray it, it is fresh, but in the afternoon it starts smelling a little bit dirty on me and it makes me want to take a bath immediately. So, it is just sitting in my collection. Lasting power is great as with all Lancome perfumes.

Popular Fragrances