Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer

on 8/5/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

great bronzer, matte finish goes on very natural but noticeably! is nice in comparison to other bronzers that are too shimmery

on 10/12/2009 7:05:00 AM

I went bronzer shopping today and I tried on quite a few but this is the only one I considered buying, Covergirl and Rimmel are too shimmery and I don't believe a natural looking tan should shimmer. Revlon didn't show up and I couldn't find Maybelline. I *think* Prestige was shimmery, but the bronzer was HUMUNGOUS and expensive and I knew I'd never finish it. I really just wanted a matte bronzer to contour.

This comes in two colours - TAN (lighter) and BRONZE (darker). It costs $30 AUD. The packaging is quite cute too, a pyramid! Although most bronzers are quite cute with little suns or beach wave designs.

TAN on me was much too light and unnoticeable, my natural skin tone is already quite tan and it made me look lighter!

BRONZE was the opposite of tan, on my face it made me look too dark and orange. I tried to blend it out a bit (with my fingers, since I didn't have a brush in the store, I was using a tester) and it just .. disappeared.

Why couldn't they have made a medium colour! I really wanted to like this. I might end up getting it anyway, I'm hoping I'll get better results with Bronze and a proper makeup brush.

EDIT: So I caved in and bought Bronze. I applied this with my Ecotools blush brush and well, I look very .. tanned. It actually doesn't make you look orange though, just a natural dark tan. Didn't do much for me in terms of contouring, I'm assuming I just need some practice. Kind of on the fence for this product, but I doubt I'll be repurchasing.

EDIT: Been using this to contour for months now, love it. :) Gives my face more colour especially in winter.

- - -