Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator

Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator
K-Pak Intense HydratorK-Pak Intense Hydrator

4.4

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Amodimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Ceteareth-20, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzophenone-4, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol

Joico K-Pak is my go-to line when my hair needs repair treatment (the K-Pak 4-Step program: Clarifying Shampoo+Cuticle Sealer+Deep Penetrating Reconstructor+Intense Hydrator) and Intense Hydrator is without doubt one of the best conditioners for my hair (virgin, but heat damage and styling product build up) to make it shiny, de-frizzed and manageable. It's so good that I've used to on and off for about 15 years now, and can always rely on it to pamper my hair, without weighting hair down. It works nicely on its own as a conditioner, with both clarifying (Joico K-Pak) and moisturizing shampoo (Alterna Caviar Repair X or Alterna Caviar Moisture Intense Oil Shampoo), and also as part of the 4-Step repair program as final step. For a quick in-between fix I also use Intense Hydrator after Redken CAT treatment, and also for co-wash purposes. It should be noted that Intense Hydrator alone doesn't repair hair, nor does it claim that, but it definitely helps restore pH and moisturize levels. The only thing that always bothers me is the chewing gum smell.

on 8/12/2017 3:28:00 PM

This works really good. I use it in between the K-pak intense reconstruct product. This makes my hair shine, adds moisture without compromising volume. I can go two days and it does not leave any oily film on my scalp and it smells good too. I love most of the Joico K-pak line. Yes, I will continue to buy.

on 6/6/2016 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG deep conditioning masque/treatment. For reference, I have long thick hair that is heavily highlighted, is dry, wavy and coarse. My ends are super dry/damaged.
It gives the best effect when I leave it on for 30 mins or more. Excellent slip,detangles my hair, provided hydration to my dry thirsty hair. I am able to run my fingers through my hair.Everything that I want in a masque. Only negative is,I get the feeling that its coating my hair. But the pros outweigh the cons. Its not cheap but its worth it!

on 10/13/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best deep treatment i've ever used! I stock up when I find it at Winners for cheaper, though one bottle last me about 3 months. It's jam packed with all kinds of oils and best of all, a little goes a long way!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The outside layer of my hair has been seriously damaged from highlights over the last year, to the point where I'm gradually cutting small bits off because its so broken, crispy and bent in places. This product is amazing. And means I can allow my hair to grow before I chop another little bit off! I leave it on for a few minutes while in the shower. Its so soft and manageable afterwards, I don't even have to flat iron my hair anymore. The healthy hair feels like absolute silk, while the damaged parts are moisturized and not so frizzy. It's a shame its so expensive, but because I don't have to flat iron the frizz, I am saving on other products. Not to mention time saved in the morning, and hair saved from breakage! 5 stars despite the price. A worthwhile investment for very damaged hair.

on 6/12/2016 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My review for this is probably going to be very similar to my review for the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. The reason being, is that I use them together (this one after) so it's hard to comment on just one of them. A stylist I know suggested them as her HG products so I gave them a shot. She said that the Reconstuctor should be used first, and that alone you might not feel it doing anything, but it's strengthening the hair from within. Then you follow with this Hydrator to smooth the cuticle and add softness. After doing this system, it does feel really amazing. I have used the Hydrator alone too, but I really think as a 2 step system is where the secret lies. There are other systems like this, that have a penatrator and a smoother with differing pH's, but I think this is one of the better ones. I don't think this product adds the keratin, so those worried about over using keratin could stick to this product alone as a deep conditioner. But if you have dry, damaged hair, especially those who bleach it, and if you don't use it every wash, it shouldn't be a problem to do the two steps. I did also purchase the RevitaLuxe which is a one step, and it's nice, but I think the two step system is the most effective. If you were just looking for one deep conditioner, either this Hydrator or the Revitaluxe would work.

Side note: I had been recommended this in the past, but I accidentally bought the regular k pak conditioner lol. Which of course didn't work as well. :P

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product is what I reach for when my hair is at the brink of damage! When my bra-strap-length, naturally kinky, color-treated hair is looking dusty and lifeless, this product gives it life.

I particularly like the tube it comes in - easy to get all the product out, which is important because the Intense Hydrator has intense pricing. It's a thick cream with a 'salon'-type smell that does not bother me. I use this as a deep conditioner after shampooing and detangling my hair. I generally leave in deep conditioners for 2 hours or so -- after that time, my hair is soft, moisturized, and even a bit bouncy.

Overall, I very much enjoy this product and am on my third or fourth tube. This is a staple in my deep conditioner wardrobe.

on 5/20/2016 11:44:00 PM

I've using this for years and it makes my hair bouncy, shiny and moist but not at all heavy or weighed down. I have lots of fine, long, curly and frizzy hair that needs loads of moisture. It's quite expensive if you buy the tubes at the drugstore or at the salon .I buy it on amazon or wherever and get the massive 1000ml container for around $35 and it's worth every cent. That lasts me 1-2 years with liberal frequent use.

on 5/10/2016 9:29:00 AM

I love this mask, I use it all the time after my purple shampoo as a conditioner and I can feel the difference in they way the hair feels straight away. It is on an expensive side, but for what it does to my hair, I think it's worth it. A tip: does miracles after some sort of protein mask, a combination made in heaven. However, even on it's own k-pac is amazing.

on 3/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Honestly, this is the best stuff ever! I had really dry fusion extensions that were toned badly so they had little bits of orange and yellow tinges so I used shimmer lights purple shampoo to try and get the orange pieces out and it made my hair sooo dry so I was really hesitant on using any purple shampoo on my extensions because they were so dry but I really needed to get the orange/yellow out.. so.. this holy grail.. this product, saved my hair. First, I used the joico violet shampoo to get the orange out and that worked perfectly but when I washed out the purple shampoo my hair felt dry, so i put this stuff in my natural hair AND hair extensions and they both are so soft and smooth and not dry in the slightest, this stuff is amazing! little pricey here in Canada but it's worth it! :)