Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator

Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator
K-Pak Intense HydratorK-Pak Intense Hydrator

4.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Ceteareth-20, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance/Parfum.

on 10/7/2018 9:52:00 PM

Wow. I don't often feel the need to write reviews, but this is a hair game changer for me. We have HARD water and my hair is a dehydrated mess most days. I tried this out before an event and a few days after a fresh haircut and had the best hair day of my life. I did rinse w/ distilled, but left enough product in so I had some decent slip. I blew it out with heat protectant, curled, and it stayed throughout the humidity. I have used Joico reconstructor several times in weeks prior and the two just work so well together. A+ will absolutely repurchase.

on 6/6/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing stuff. I have fine, permed hair that I do regular pin curl wet sets on. It doesn't get much heat styling at all, but the perm makes it very dry and wet sets that are brushed out are prone to frizz. This does what it says, really; it's an intense hydrating treatment, and it works. Makes my hair noticeably smoother, softer, less dry and less frizz-prone. On my third tube, I use this every time I wash ny hair. Will keep repurchasing.

I have incredibly dry curly blonde hair that has always been prone to breakage. I've tried a few different conditioners and hair treatments and this is my favourite so far for the price! My hair noticeably feels stronger, looks shinier and feels softer!! It doesn't repair hair (nor does it claim too) but it certainly hydrates. If i have the time I will leave on overnight or for a few hours for maximum results (noting my hair is very dry - this may not be as good as an idea for someone with less damaged and healthier hair!)

Joico K-Pak is my go-to line when my hair needs repair treatment (the K-Pak 4-Step program: Clarifying Shampoo+Cuticle Sealer+Deep Penetrating Reconstructor+Intense Hydrator) and Intense Hydrator is without doubt one of the best conditioners for my hair (virgin, but heat damage and styling product build up) to make it shiny, de-frizzed and manageable. It's so good that I've used to on and off for about 15 years now, and can always rely on it to pamper my hair, without weighting hair down. It works nicely on its own as a conditioner, with both clarifying (Joico K-Pak) and moisturizing shampoo (Alterna Caviar Repair X or Alterna Caviar Moisture Intense Oil Shampoo), and also as part of the 4-Step repair program as final step. For a quick in-between fix I also use Intense Hydrator after Redken CAT treatment, and also for co-wash purposes. It should be noted that Intense Hydrator alone doesn't repair hair, nor does it claim that, but it definitely helps restore pH and moisturize levels. The only thing that always bothers me is the chewing gum smell.

on 8/12/2017 3:28:00 PM

This works really good. I use it in between the K-pak intense reconstruct product. This makes my hair shine, adds moisture without compromising volume. I can go two days and it does not leave any oily film on my scalp and it smells good too. I love most of the Joico K-pak line. Yes, I will continue to buy.

on 10/13/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best deep treatment i've ever used! I stock up when I find it at Winners for cheaper, though one bottle last me about 3 months. It's jam packed with all kinds of oils and best of all, a little goes a long way!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The outside layer of my hair has been seriously damaged from highlights over the last year, to the point where I'm gradually cutting small bits off because its so broken, crispy and bent in places. This product is amazing. And means I can allow my hair to grow before I chop another little bit off! I leave it on for a few minutes while in the shower. Its so soft and manageable afterwards, I don't even have to flat iron my hair anymore. The healthy hair feels like absolute silk, while the damaged parts are moisturized and not so frizzy. It's a shame its so expensive, but because I don't have to flat iron the frizz, I am saving on other products. Not to mention time saved in the morning, and hair saved from breakage! 5 stars despite the price. A worthwhile investment for very damaged hair.

on 6/12/2016 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My review for this is probably going to be very similar to my review for the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. The reason being, is that I use them together (this one after) so it's hard to comment on just one of them. A stylist I know suggested them as her HG products so I gave them a shot. She said that the Reconstuctor should be used first, and that alone you might not feel it doing anything, but it's strengthening the hair from within. Then you follow with this Hydrator to smooth the cuticle and add softness. After doing this system, it does feel really amazing. I have used the Hydrator alone too, but I really think as a 2 step system is where the secret lies. There are other systems like this, that have a penatrator and a smoother with differing pH's, but I think this is one of the better ones. I don't think this product adds the keratin, so those worried about over using keratin could stick to this product alone as a deep conditioner. But if you have dry, damaged hair, especially those who bleach it, and if you don't use it every wash, it shouldn't be a problem to do the two steps. I did also purchase the RevitaLuxe which is a one step, and it's nice, but I think the two step system is the most effective. If you were just looking for one deep conditioner, either this Hydrator or the Revitaluxe would work.

Side note: I had been recommended this in the past, but I accidentally bought the regular k pak conditioner lol. Which of course didn't work as well. :P

on 6/6/2016 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG deep conditioning masque/treatment. For reference, I have long thick hair that is heavily highlighted, is dry, wavy and coarse. My ends are super dry/damaged.
It gives the best effect when I leave it on for 30 mins or more. Excellent slip,detangles my hair, provided hydration to my dry thirsty hair. I am able to run my fingers through my hair.Everything that I want in a masque. Only negative is,I get the feeling that its coating my hair. But the pros outweigh the cons. Its not cheap but its worth it!

on 5/20/2016 11:44:00 PM

I've using this for years and it makes my hair bouncy, shiny and moist but not at all heavy or weighed down. I have lots of fine, long, curly and frizzy hair that needs loads of moisture. It's quite expensive if you buy the tubes at the drugstore or at the salon .I buy it on amazon or wherever and get the massive 1000ml container for around $35 and it's worth every cent. That lasts me 1-2 years with liberal frequent use.