Derma E Very Clear Acne Cleanser

Derma E Very Clear Acne Cleanser
Very Clear Acne Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.0% Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, PEG-150 Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Oil, Salix Alba (White Willow) Bark Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract* (.5%), Decyl Glucoside, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this, but it did not work for me. I used it a few times and it irritated my oily, sensitive skin. I felt like I was getting an itchy rash after using this. I returned it to Whole Foods, thankfully they will take returns of products if returned within 30 days.

Try Nelson's pure and clear cleanser, it rescued my face after this disaster.

on 7/5/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just ran out of this after using for a few months. I didn't think it was anything special and won't be buying it again.

I used this product for 3 weeks but had to discontinue as my skin was becoming congested and I broke out. I think this cleanser is reasonably priced and it comes in a pump bottle which I love, however it seems to leave a filmy feeling on the skin even when using a washcloth to cleanse with it. Also, this has a fairly strong tea tree scent which may bother some. I'm thinking that the reason I broke out is that my skin couldnt tolerate the amount of plant oils in this cleanser, so if you know you are sensitive to oils I would pass on this one. Those who can use oils with no problem may enjoy it. I gave it 2 lipsticks due to the wonderful packaging and the good price.

on 6/18/2013 4:37:00 PM

I like the idea of natural ingredients and tea tree oil. I like tea tree oil in desert essence thoroughly clean face wash. But as for this face wash, it smelled very very strong, irritated my face, left a definite film, and broke me out. It was quite possibly just way too strong for me.

PROS: Natural ingredients. This is one of the best for my teens' acne. They have sensitive skin, but this doesn't bother them.

CONS: Not the very cheapest. Have to order online.

ALTERNATES: Alba Botanica Natural Acne Dote cleanser or some name like that is helpful for one of my teens. The other needs to use Paula's Choice CLEAR cleanser and toner/exfoliator for beautiful results. AND We like to use Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer to keep flakes away.

PURCHASING TIPS: I get this cheaper at places like swansonvitamins.com and luckyvitamin.com.

on 12/26/2012 9:43:00 AM

I had a horrible breakout on my chin recently and nothing I had at home was working. The spots were inflamed and painful!

I use other Derma E skincare products so I tried this cleanser out. WOW! The irritated spots were quickly calmed and started to fade and dry out immediately. After a few days of use the spots are almost completely gone.

Yes, this does have a strong smell of tea tree oil and tingles upon application, but I actually enjoy the sensation. My face never feels tight or uncomfortable after using this.

I'm so glad I found this product and will continue to use for when I have those pesky break outs.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This cleanser burns my skin, especially the skin on my nose. It makes my skin feel dry and tight too.

on 8/12/2012 5:42:00 PM

I have been using this product for a few months. I do like it a lot but i have a few complaints. It definitely doesn't keep my skin clear but that's ok since nothing ever has.... It does seem to keep it more....calm? though. I love that it is so natural and the smell is by no means overwhelming and doesnt stay on your face after use. It's not very cheap but definitely affordable and is lasting me a long time. I wish it would clean my make up off but instead I just use witch hazel as an astringent/toner before hand. Another thing is that it seems to make my skin turn pretty oily halfway through the day which I've never had problems with before. I will continue using it though because I have yet to find anything better and I think I just need to find the right combination of products to use in conjunction with this cleanser.

on 8/2/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser. I tend to go overboard with tea tree oil if I'm trying to get rid of a breakout, and end up over-drying my skin (plus the oil is way expensive compared to this). I bought this to get the benefits of tea tree, but in a more...diluted way? Haha. I also believe the other ingredients must be helpful- this cleanser never irritates, it just feels awesome and really does keep my sensitive/problem skin clear. It's affordable too, sometimes find it for 9.99 at certain places. I love Derma E's products, the natural ingredients are the bomb.

on 7/26/2012 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had samples of this cleanser sitting in my medicine cabinet for months before I tried this. This is a creamy, non foaming tea tree oil & willow bark based cleanser geared toward oily/acne prone skin. I have combo skin and don't get many break outs so I thought that this might be too drying for me but I ran out of my regular cleanser and gave it a try. This didn't strip or irritate my skin at all and works great with my Mia. Probably because this doesn't dry skin out like regular foaming cleansers it also seemed to help control oil. It does smell like a tea tree cleanser and some may have issues with that but it wasn't overwhelming or lingered long after rinsing like some otherwise decent cream cleansers I've used. This also rinses off easily with water and doesn't leave any kind of film behind. I hope that this isn't DC'd I'm out of samples and need to pick up a full size. I remember this being on the pricey side at my local health food store but my samples lasted a long time so I'm hoping that will balance the cost.