Boots No7 Maximum Volume Mascara in Black

No Image

2.6

on 10/12/2016 9:26:00 AM

I bought this mascara based on a recommendation from a friend. I love that it does not make my lashes feel stiff and spiky like some others do. The lashes feel soft-ish and pliable and I have not had the issue with clumping that others have mentioned. No. 7 Maximum Volume reminds of of Maybelline's Full 'N Soft in feel and look on my lashes, but I like the Boots applicator brush better. If dramatic Kardashian-esque lashes are what you're after, this will probably not be the mascara for you. But if you are looking for a mascara that feels comfortable on the eyes, defines your lashes nicely, is work-appropriate and doesn't clump, I'd recommend giving it a try.

on 7/12/2016 11:20:00 AM

No volume at all. In fact, it made my lashes seem sparser. Doesn't hold a curl after using lash curler either.

on 4/10/2012 12:55:00 AM

So I bought this because I remembered seeing high marks for Boots mascaras. The other ones, I guess. I got home and read the reviews for this one and thought, well maybe I'll like it. That happens sometimes. No. Worst mascara ever. Will be returning, and I never return. It does nothing positive. It's that clumpy wetness that I didn't like about Voluminous, although Voluminous was way better. Because unlike this mascara, Voluminous volumizes. This makes my lashes look dark, glossy and sparse as can be. I'd rather be without it than with it.

I love this mascara. For people who are looking for a natural looking mascara, this is perfect for you. This separates you lashes and volumize them at the same time. I have dark lashes and when I want something to just to volumize and add a some length it works great. I wear this too school so I don't have big bold dramatic lashes. And it is easy to wash off too. Great product!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is a huge dud. I had hopes that it could replace Max Factor 2000 Calorie, but no. I made the mistake of getting black-brown, but it still gives bad results.

on 5/15/2011 10:30:00 PM

Oh sigh. This is just the most mediocre mascara I've ever used. It darkens, but gives ZERO volume and it clumps fairly easily; the packaging does not get the extra product off the brush. It flakes a little bit, not too bad. Overall, there's really nothing great about this product. I wish I'd read the other MUA reviews before purchasing this. I will not repurchase and I encourage others not to waste their money on it.

on 3/2/2011 10:06:00 PM

Pretty packaging. Bought it because I love their eye cream and moisturizer, but this stuff is just weird...strange wet gel consistency, squarish plastic brush caked with mascara, which sticks my lashes together into spikey clumps. I tried to wipe the "brush" off with plastic wrap and start with a fresh dip and it wouldn't budge . Tossed it. Yuck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product! The consistency of the mascara is a lot wetter than any other mascara I've used. It definitely does what it says...Maximum Volume. It makes my lashes look so long and full. They also stay really soft throughout the day. I almost think that Its been really healthy for my lashes since they seem longer than they used to be. (could be my imagination though) It also washes off really well too, I can use any kind of soap to get this off. And actually I've gone swimming and forgot to take off this mascara, and I was able to rinses it off almost completely with just water!

on 9/17/2009 10:08:00 PM

This review is for the regular No7 Maximum Volume Mascara, not the waterproof version. I purchased it at Target for about $8.00.

This could be perhaps the WORST mascara I've ever tried. I cannot find ONE positive thing about it!

The negatives:
It irritates my eyes; it is a very thick formulation; seems really dry - hardly ANY at all goes onto your lashes from the brush; layering did not help; when I tried getting more on the brush by sort of smearing the brush around in the bit of formula that came up and was attached to the tip of the brush when I pulled it out of the bottle, I was able to get some onto my lashes but I can barely tell it's there - hardly any color and no volume whatsoever.

The positives: finally thought of one - it is unscented. But it does smell a little plasticky; but not floral or anything crazy like the scented mascaras.

I'm tossing this one in the trash! So sad, I could have saved my $ and bought something nice from Sephora like DiorShow.

I'd even say Maybelline great lash is better than this, and I don't like that mascara - too clumpy! But at least it shows up somewhat on the lashes. Perhaps I got a dry tube?

Mascaras that I recommend instead -
DiorShow
Kevyn Aucoin (a little weird to take off but shows up)
Prescriptives
Bourjois pump up the volume - great waterproof mascara
and even Cover Girl Lash Blast, though I'm not a fan of that line, is better than this!

so... save the $8 and buy something else, is my recommendation :)

Popular Mascaras