Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Polyethylene , Tricaprylin , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Isopropyl Myristate , Lanolin Alcohol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Lanolin Oil , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Tetrasodium Edta , Chlorphenesin , Potassium Sorbate , [ /- Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410) , Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880) , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite summer blush. It warms my cheeks with a lovely glow, with a faint shimmer. I love me some shimmer! It's not over the top, just lovely. Huge pan that lasts forever. Expensive. This is not a bronzer, that's just nuts.

on 6/10/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Antigua and have used it for years. It is a cooler pink with a little bit of shimmer--not crazy sparkle at all. If I want to get the perfect bronze for my skin tone (Bobbi Brown Sand or Warm Sand) I mix the Antigua with the Natural bronzer compact. Just a swirl in both palettes to load the brush, then a light swipe to cheeks, forehead and chin.

on 1/20/2015 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is fantastic for pale skins! I am always very wary of bronzers, as they are usually too obvious, dark or orange. 'Antigua' is a lovely pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer, which makes the bronzing effect quite subtle and easy to apply. I often use it in winter too as it's so flattering. It's also great for contouring, used with a highlighter. Plus, the pan is HUGE, much bigger than BB blush, so it does feel as if you get more for your money.
I can't fault this product at all, as I've previously had a nightmare finding a decent bronzer for my skin tone!

on 3/2/2012 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Being that I already own the illuminating bronzer in Maui, I didn't think I needed this shade, but after seeing the swatches online and reading reviews, I had to purchase Antigua. I actually think Antigua shows up better on me than Maui. I have medium-tan skin (4.0 in MAC Matchmaster or NW30/NC30-I can go either way depending on the foundation) and Antigua really gives my cheeks a nice pop of color. I don't think this is much of a bronzer at all, but it gives my cheeks a nice, healthy dose of color without looking too overdone. Plus there is plenty in the compact to last me a very long time. Once again, kudos to Bobbi Brown for nailing another wonderful product!

on 4/25/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooh la la!
Pretty close to blush perfection - though light skinned, pink toned beauties may be able to work this as a bronzer (I honestly haven't tried, I just use it as a blush, it's so pretty!).
Antigua is a nude toned beige pink, slightly dusky and with a very subtle shimmer. It's not sparkly like Maui but it does have a little bit of glow to it, I'd say a satin finish as opposed to shimmer. It is definitely more pink (as in Image 4 above) than brown though, but neutral, rather than warm or cool. It's not super duper pigmented and may need a couple of layers (which is my preference actually because it's easier to build up the desired intensity) to really show up, though this of course, depends solely on your skin tone to begin with.
Great for doing a diffuse pink wash of colour and then adding a smaller, brighter pop of colour right on the apples, gorgeous with a smidge of nude or peach toned highlighter or simply lovely all on it's own.
The 9 gram pan is very generous, if ever so slightly powdery at for $65NZD (I got mine for $45) so for about $7 per gram, it's more cost effective than most L'Oreal or Revlon blushers.
Hard to go wrong with this!

on 3/23/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Alrighty as we all know this should be marketed as a blush and put in the blush catagory. Anyhow I think women from fair to dark could wear this shade and it would show up, it would depend on if this is a shade/formula you would like. To me it's a medium (not bright) pink, not a blue based pink but a neutral pink. Nicely pigmented and not alot of shimmer/glitter on the cheeks but not flat/matte either. It retails for $33 for .28 oz/8 g.

on 9/27/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this bronzer. It seems more like a blush color but it has a slight "bronzey" cast to it. When I wear it, it reminds me of the color my face used to turn (brownish pink?) at the beach back in my reckless youth before I started practicing safe sun. It has slight shimmer but not alot - just enough to give you a slight glow.

on 7/10/2010 1:01:00 AM

I got this is a pallette and I had read that it makes a good blush on very fair skin. I am so fair that I use a fan brush a just a tiny swipe of this and it is perfect. I have blue undertones and have never been able to use anything with peach in it, but this has enough pink that it's ok. If I put very much on the peach starts to come out more. My daughter has blonde hair and cool toned skin, but a slight tan and it goes real well on her also. The pink ballet lipcolor that came in the pallette and this for a blush matches best for her, and the azaela which is a pinky plum, but sheer , is best on me. I think this is a good blush for fair skin as it is sheer and natural. Nars Orgasm is supposed to be pinky peach, but it is way more orange and bright.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On one word: Gorgeous.
I'm practically white, much lighter than any of MAC's Foundations for example; just someone way out of the usual regular ranges. On me, this is the perfect mixture of bronze and pink. It gives me just that hint of color I always looked for in other bronzers but never found, combined with a perfect flush and an absolutely lovely, subtle glow. I've used this everyday since I've got it, and I can't see myself straying from it any time soon.

The staying power is perfect, packaging is simple and chic. I'm very happy with this product overall and would recommend it to anyone really pale who's looking for something to create a healthy summer look.

on 1/25/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So first might I say that I am extremely pale, and bronzers make it look like I rubbed my face in dirt. This bronzer/blush is PERFECT... and i will repeat perfect for those fair skinned ladies. Not only can you use a minimal amount for a gorgeous natural glow.. it is perfect for contouring and maximizing cheek bones, and facial structure. I love this and I love Bobbi brown