Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720

4.4

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

on 7/5/2016 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been obsessed with this lipstick for years before buying it. I mean, who isn't? It's classic, vintage Revlon, and I think a lot of girls are attracted to the idea of wearing something with so much history.

I have wanted this lipstick before I even started wearing reds - years ago. But I never got around to buying it: it was expensive in AUD, I was sure it would look clownish, my attention was taken over by other lipsticks (Lady Danger, Cherries in the Snow, Taylor Swift's Cover Girl red, even Guerlain)

But something reminded me of it and knowing that I enjoyed Cherries in the Snow in the same line, and that swatches NEVER look the same on me, I finally bought it.

And it's totally defied my expectations. On my skin (olive, possibly yellow? undertones? but somehow cool), it's not a screaming orange. And neither is it brick-red. It's an in between that is very wearable, for every day even. And nights too. It's a classic red without being too blue. I think it's really flattering on me. It doesn't do much for my teeth, but that's what whitening is for.

I think unless you're very fair/pale, you will be pleasantly surprised by this. Its texture is slippery, almost oily, especially with lip balm underneath.

A lippie off because it's VERY pigmented. I have dry lips that verge on chapped but while MAC lipsticks glide on with some lip balm, this one gets stuck and hides in the cracks and so on. Not a flattering look. It's also a bit slide-y, so more expensive formulations stay put, Fire & Ice tends to slither to the outlines of your mouth, Keep a mirror handy and be prepared to reapply and see it stain your glasses, tissues and even hands.

But the colour itself is beautiful and with some careful handling it's a very pretty red.

on 6/6/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It's pigmented like crazy. I bought it when I learned that it's a classic of classics. The first time I put it on was in daytime and it was bald and over the top. I then rubbed it and rubbed it and it still stayed. It would be a good one for evenings but I go out during the day more often.

Then I found out a technique (perhaps many women know the trick but for me it was a new one) to make it more wearable. I put on some lip balm first and then use my finger tip to tap some lipstick and then lightly pressed it onto my lip. Wah lah! It's so pretty, and it's so long lasting! I have some pretty sheer lipsticks but they aren't long lasting. This trick enables me to get the most out the classic lipstick, not just for evening outings. I then went ahead and bought another Revlon classic Cherries in the Snow. Same beautiful result!

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

A coral for the cool-toned in my opinion. Due to its generous smattering of coolish, bright red and very little orange or warm pink. Granted, this shade really, really morphs depending on the person's skintone and undertones. But on me, it is a lighter bright bold red with a tiny, tiny bit of coolish coral pink. Perfect for the summertime.

This along with my personal favorite Cherries in the Snow by Revlon are some of the brand's most iconic, classic, and yes, even vintagey shades. This one dates back to 1952 and CITS I believe to 1953. But sometimes classics are classics because they are just that good and timeless and appealing to all.

On some, this is more red, some more orange, some straight-up coral, others a bright warmed fuchsia pink. But either way it is a perfect bold creamy lipstick in some form for many if not most, especially for the brighter, warmier, sunnier months ahead.

Doesn't work on my neutral-fair (NC20-NW15 depending) dark brows & dark hair complexion. It becomes a clownish hot pink on my lips. I have a very difficult time finding lipstick that suits me or comes out as described, so this low rating is for the color ONLY. My coloring: Neutrogen Classic Ivory or Clinique Breeze; I have nearly black brows, medium (4N) hair and green eyes, dusty rose pigmented lips. Fire & Ice looked gorgeous in the tube and is exceptionally creamy and heavily pigmented---all wonderful things! However it was not the least bit red, it was a hot pink with some orange on me and made me look sallow and brought out the yellow in my teeth. This is just my own experience for anyone matching my coloring (common for Persian/Russian ladies). A huge bummer because I have seen just about every swatching and blog post about it, but I will give it to a friend who enjoys the color.

on 7/18/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Best ever lipstick. Brings my pale yellow skin (I wear "light" in bareminerals original foundation) alive and always attracts numerous compliments! It does what it says. It's both warm and cool, both orangey and pink, and goes equally well with cool or warm toned clothes. For added value, the ingredients are also pretty pure for a lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I love this lipstick!!! It's a bright red shade which lightens up my face and it's really pigmented and lasts a really long tie withut fading or bleeding (..lip liner!!) I highly favor this lippie at this reasonable price (ahem...4.97 @ Walmart!!) Will repurchase.

on 5/9/2015 9:51:00 PM

This color when i wear it no fire no ice just a pinky orange a loud coral I've tried to make this lipstick work on everyone else its a beautiful red on me its not happening why revlon why!!!

on 2/7/2015 5:00:00 PM

No, no, no.
This is simply a medium toned fluorescent ORANGE on my pale, slightly yellow-toned skin.
It's not red in any way shape or form.
Honestly, I can't imagine may people that this color would be flattering on.

on 1/16/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic Red-Red. I don't wear it often and it can pull too orange but I like it when I want a warmer red that is not "old lady orange".

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My grandma wears absolutely no makeup but this lipstick and she always looks adorable in it :) I was surprised when I put this on and it looked good on me too, because I usually look awful with red lipstick! A really cute shade, I'll pick one up for myself when I have the chance.