Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720
Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Red look featuring Revlon 'Fire & Ice'Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Revlon SL Creme lipsticks

4.4

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

I know this is a highly rated classic but it was two orange on me. It was very vibrant and had great pigment. Needs serious blotting because it is really creamy. Not for me but not bad if it works with your skin tone.

on 5/8/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very classic red lipstick. The advertising campaigns over the years have been wonderful, and Fire and Ice is such a wonderful name. In the tube this looks quite orange, but on my lips it's more of a warm/neutral medium red. It's definitely bright and needs to be blotted, reapplied, and blotted again. The texture is very creamy and feels great on my lips. Although this might be the red of all reds, I personally prefer Revlon's Cherries in the Snow. It has a pinky undertone and looks better with my rosy skin. That said, Revlon's Fire and Ice is a drug store classic, worth trying at least once, by everyone.

on 5/8/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is odd it looks orange. I have a pale pink skin tone (my Clinique foundation shade is Petal) I ordered this on line having read it was back. Like a lot of reviewers I remember seeing it in the centre pages of Cosmopolitan in the 80s worn by Jerry Hall and I had to buy it. It looks gorgeous on I can only repeat reviewers that say its an orange/blue red hybrid. Its iconic and makes me feel iconic. It picks me up it lifts my face. The only other red lippie I own is Reddy Heddy by Linda Rodin this does feel like an old fashioned lipstick on but the payoff for how it looks and makes one feel. "I'm ready for my close up..."

on 11/20/2017 9:34:00 AM

After reading the reviews here, I decided to get a tube of Fire and Ice for myself. I don't know, but it's not an orange red. It looks like a shocking pink red and I can't wear it. I have a lot of Super Lustrous lipsticks that I can wear. This one I can't.

on 10/31/2017 1:14:00 AM

The iconic fire and ice!!! What can i say...after 50 years this bright orange red is still a star. This is the staple shade you see on stewardess from the 80's till now. Its the typical generic red suited women all over. Im NC35 for ref

Pros
very creamy .. lips feel soft and balmy
rice pigmented color... it's the new formula you guys!
reasonably priced
no smell
gorgeous neon red shade
nice ad by Jessica Biel

Cons
no lasting power after meals
bleeds .. so be sure to use a lip liner
stains my wine glass..but oooooh thats so sexy

I hope the Revlon keeps this as their permanent line
...and also keep the nail color of the similar name going!
Iconic stuffs must stay
This color will last the ages

Recommend
Yes highly!

on 9/22/2017 11:09:00 PM

Color: orange-red (not a brick red or a pure red-but a vintage, classic lipstick that blends orange and red tones). This color has been around for decades and is an iconic Revlon shade.
Finish: cream finish-moisturizing, shiny but not as shiny as a gloss, very soft on the lips.
Advertising history-Fire and Ice was marketed as a lipstick for understated sexiness.
Undertones-warm undertones that veer between orange and red.
Highly recommended for a jolt of color to your face. This screams as loud on some complexions, but totally compliments my medium NC30-NC35 skin tone. My skin tone varies by season and sun exposure-I have a medium beige skin tone.

on 7/26/2017 8:17:00 PM

I've wanted this for so long... But it's only now, when Colgate toothpaste had the inspired idea to offer a free lipstick with the toothpaste, that I get to try it! I'd wanted it because, who can fail to be mesmerised by a lipstick shade which is this historic. To think, how many women have bought and enjoyed this beautiful colour since 1952! Having said that, I'm a high end snob and my go-to coral red is Guerlain rouge G in Gina. Revlon lipsticks are about £8 and although you can always get them in multi buys, invariably I am disappointed by drugstore makeup and wish I'd kept the money to put in the piggy bank for lavish makeup treats. Just this week I've bought and thrown away two drugstore concealers. (Collection yellow corrector and the ever popular maybelline under eye concealer, both binned after a couple of uses which left me disgusted with their performance.) So I say this as a hard to please critic....

This lipstick is glossy, goes on evenly and lasts well. The shade is very retro (naturally) and super flattering. It's a warm red but not too orange, there is a subtle but authoritative true blue red that looms over it. It brightens up my face and makes me look younger. And it's a real head turner! Men hooting, women giving you that threatening and challenging look as you walk by. Ha! I love reds like this, it's those reactions that let me know it's a classic red that does its job. If you've been on the fence as I was - get it! It'll be around for another 50 years, colours like these don't bend to changing fashion, they retain their power forever.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fire and Ice has been around for decades, and there's a reason that it has become iconic. It is beautiful, rich, pigmented, and looks so flattering. This is the best Revlon lipstick I have in terms of formula. It is somewhat glossy, so I do prefer to use a red lipliner with it, but it does wear well and it feels nice on the lips too. Unfortunately, I will not be able to repurchase this due to Revlon's animal testing policy, but I will continue to use the tube I have.

This is a nice lipstick. It is very creamy, and very pigmented. I will have to apply it with a brush for precision or I would look like a clown. The color looks great on me. I like orange-reds, they flatter my tan skintone. I just bought this to use for my promo job, but wouldn't repurchase again.. I think this one tube will last a looong time, and there is better stuff out there

on 2/26/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful orangey red lipstick! Looks great with gold eye-shadow!