Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720
Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Red look featuring Revlon 'Fire & Ice'Super Lustrous Creme -  Fire and Ice 720Revlon SL Creme lipsticks

4.5

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

on 9/24/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I look terrible in cool toned reds, and so when I read this has warm/orange undertones, I had to try it! I love that this can be applied lightly, for a daytime look that still gives your face a bright pop of color, or can be applied more heavily for a dramatic glam look. I normally stick to natural/nude shades, but this is my go to for when I am feeling bold! The formula is great too, applies smoothly and does not dry out my lips, but lasts a respectable amount of time. I would recommend for anyone wanting a warm red! Very pretty for summer and fall!

on 9/22/2017 11:09:00 PM

Color: orange-red (not a brick red or a pure red-but a vintage, classic lipstick that blends orange and red tones). This color has been around for decades and is an iconic Revlon shade.
Finish: cream finish-moisturizing, shiny but not as shiny as a gloss, very soft on the lips.
Advertising history-Fire and Ice was marketed as a lipstick for understated sexiness.
Undertones-warm undertones that veer between orange and red.
Highly recommended for a jolt of color to your face. This screams as loud on some complexions, but totally compliments my medium NC30-NC35 skin tone. My skin tone varies by season and sun exposure-I have a medium beige skin tone.

on 7/26/2017 8:17:00 PM

I've wanted this for so long... But it's only now, when Colgate toothpaste had the inspired idea to offer a free lipstick with the toothpaste, that I get to try it! I'd wanted it because, who can fail to be mesmerised by a lipstick shade which is this historic. To think, how many women have bought and enjoyed this beautiful colour since 1952! Having said that, I'm a high end snob and my go-to coral red is Guerlain rouge G in Gina. Revlon lipsticks are about £8 and although you can always get them in multi buys, invariably I am disappointed by drugstore makeup and wish I'd kept the money to put in the piggy bank for lavish makeup treats. Just this week I've bought and thrown away two drugstore concealers. (Collection yellow corrector and the ever popular maybelline under eye concealer, both binned after a couple of uses which left me disgusted with their performance.) So I say this as a hard to please critic....

This lipstick is glossy, goes on evenly and lasts well. The shade is very retro (naturally) and super flattering. It's a warm red but not too orange, there is a subtle but authoritative true blue red that looms over it. It brightens up my face and makes me look younger. And it's a real head turner! Men hooting, women giving you that threatening and challenging look as you walk by. Ha! I love reds like this, it's those reactions that let me know it's a classic red that does its job. If you've been on the fence as I was - get it! It'll be around for another 50 years, colours like these don't bend to changing fashion, they retain their power forever.

on 2/26/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful orangey red lipstick! Looks great with gold eye-shadow!

This is a nice lipstick. It is very creamy, and very pigmented. I will have to apply it with a brush for precision or I would look like a clown. The color looks great on me. I like orange-reds, they flatter my tan skintone. I just bought this to use for my promo job, but wouldn't repurchase again.. I think this one tube will last a looong time, and there is better stuff out there

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fire and Ice has been around for decades, and there's a reason that it has become iconic. It is beautiful, rich, pigmented, and looks so flattering. This is the best Revlon lipstick I have in terms of formula. It is somewhat glossy, so I do prefer to use a red lipliner with it, but it does wear well and it feels nice on the lips too. Unfortunately, I will not be able to repurchase this due to Revlon's animal testing policy, but I will continue to use the tube I have.

on 6/6/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It's pigmented like crazy. I bought it when I learned that it's a classic of classics. The first time I put it on was in daytime and it was bald and over the top. I then rubbed it and rubbed it and it still stayed. It would be a good one for evenings but I go out during the day more often.

Then I found out a technique (perhaps many women know the trick but for me it was a new one) to make it more wearable. I put on some lip balm first and then use my finger tip to tap some lipstick and then lightly pressed it onto my lip. Wah lah! It's so pretty, and it's so long lasting! I have some pretty sheer lipsticks but they aren't long lasting. This trick enables me to get the most out the classic lipstick, not just for evening outings. I then went ahead and bought another Revlon classic Cherries in the Snow. Same beautiful result!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

A coral for the cool-toned in my opinion. Due to its generous smattering of coolish, bright red and very little orange or warm pink. Granted, this shade really, really morphs depending on the person's skintone and undertones. But on me, it is a lighter bright bold red with a tiny, tiny bit of coolish coral pink. Perfect for the summertime.

This along with my personal favorite Cherries in the Snow by Revlon are some of the brand's most iconic, classic, and yes, even vintagey shades. This one dates back to 1952 and CITS I believe to 1953. But sometimes classics are classics because they are just that good and timeless and appealing to all.

On some, this is more red, some more orange, some straight-up coral, others a bright warmed fuchsia pink. But either way it is a perfect bold creamy lipstick in some form for many if not most, especially for the brighter, warmier, sunnier months ahead.

on 7/5/2016 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been obsessed with this lipstick for years before buying it. I mean, who isn't? It's classic, vintage Revlon, and I think a lot of girls are attracted to the idea of wearing something with so much history.

I have wanted this lipstick before I even started wearing reds - years ago. But I never got around to buying it: it was expensive in AUD, I was sure it would look clownish, my attention was taken over by other lipsticks (Lady Danger, Cherries in the Snow, Taylor Swift's Cover Girl red, even Guerlain)

But something reminded me of it and knowing that I enjoyed Cherries in the Snow in the same line, and that swatches NEVER look the same on me, I finally bought it.

And it's totally defied my expectations. On my skin (olive, possibly yellow? undertones? but somehow cool), it's not a screaming orange. And neither is it brick-red. It's an in between that is very wearable, for every day even. And nights too. It's a classic red without being too blue. I think it's really flattering on me. It doesn't do much for my teeth, but that's what whitening is for.

I think unless you're very fair/pale, you will be pleasantly surprised by this. Its texture is slippery, almost oily, especially with lip balm underneath.

A lippie off because it's VERY pigmented. I have dry lips that verge on chapped but while MAC lipsticks glide on with some lip balm, this one gets stuck and hides in the cracks and so on. Not a flattering look. It's also a bit slide-y, so more expensive formulations stay put, Fire & Ice tends to slither to the outlines of your mouth, Keep a mirror handy and be prepared to reapply and see it stain your glasses, tissues and even hands.

But the colour itself is beautiful and with some careful handling it's a very pretty red.

on 9/20/2016 8:52:00 AM

One of my favourite red! classic,can suddenly bright up your face