Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.0

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like how you can get most of the product out of the tube. It does wonders when I apply my makeup with it. I look great overall with it.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Dries out, clumps, hate wand. Not happy at all with its performance.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I held off on purchasing this mascara because I didn't see a need to deviate from my current holy grail, Maybelline The Falsies. Given that it took me several years to settle on a formulation that achieved the results I sought, why recreate the wheel? But after continually reading rave reviews, I gave into my curiosity.

I never say I won't repurchase a product unless it's completely horrid or causes an allergic reaction. But I'm having a hard time justifying a second purchase of this mascara.

And this is after I tried Blackout and exchanged it for Diorshow.

A bit about my eye drama--I like precisely that, over-the-top lashes that walk on the boundary of being false. I wear heavy (but non-smudged) kohl on my waterlines, so I need a mascara which adds as much emphasis to my lashes as I do to my lids. Additionally, I wear minimal makeup otherwise, so my eyes are my focal "wow" point of my face.

My face shape is fairly oval and has pronounced features (including wide brown eyes), so I can easily pull off dramatic looks without being overpowered by mascara. Moreover, I've always been entranced by "It Girl" makeup techniques (i.e. Clara Bow), and tend to mimic those in my daily routines.

To Diorshow. The pluses:

1) The scent. I'd gladly repurchase just for the faint rose fragrance alone. Little details such as this make the mascara quite luxurious, if even...

2) ...the formula's consistency is a bit dry. I tend to wear more layers of mascara than should be legal, so while wet formulations are a bother? Diorshow is almost on the side of brittle. Which is odd, as when the mascara is on my lashes, they remain pliable to the touch.

3) The brush. This is a thick and wide one, so be prepared for some accidental nose/corner-of-eye bumps if you have smaller eyes. It's easy to glide the bristles over and through my lashes, however--again, which given the dryness of the product, I wouldn't think would happen.

4) The lasting power. I can wear this all day without smudging, and notice minimal flaking.

The minuses:

1) Middle-of-the-road volume. Yes, it provided some volume. But most volumizing mascaras do. This one didn't provide much more than I've found in comparable formulas or price points.

2) Middle-of-the-road "extension." Now, I'm not specifically looking for lengthening properties in a volume formula, but volume alone only goes so far in providing a "false" lash appearance. Diorshow didn't curl much more than comparable mascaras, nor did it provide an appearance of big lashes. Bigger than normal? Sure, but again, most mascaras will provide a difference from the norm.

3) Lash drooping. By the end of each day when I've worn this? My lashes have lost almost 25% of their initial height. By height, I tend to apply mascara in a horizontal-then-vertical continual swoop where my lashes are almost at a 70% angle to my eyelids. Due to the formula being slightly heavier than others I've used, I compensated by only applying 1 - 2 coats. Droop persisted.

4) Gunky brush ends and tube rim. The mascara tends to collect around the rim of the tube, in addition to clumping on the ends of the brush. Because of this, the inner/outer lashes receive heavier product deposits, and can clump very easily. Given that I usually have to apply the mascara with just the center segment of the brush (or repeatedly wipe off the excess), the application process takes longer than I'd like.

5) The color. It's a mid-intensity black, nowhere close to being brown black but definitely not in the Blackout range. Just a blah black. I wish Dior would make their Blackout formula with the Diorshow brush--that may push this product closer to Holy Grail territory.

I'm a bit disappointed in this mascara. Will continue using it until I'm out, but unless I start noticing dramatic differences in results? I'm either continuing my search or going back to The Falsies as there's nothing so remarkable about Diorshow to merit continual purchases.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

When I first tried this mascara, I fell in love with it. I will admit that my eyelashes are not short, and they curl naturally, but this mascara made them appear longer and fuller. It was pricey, but it did last me a long time. I like trying new products, but I may go back to this one because I loved the results it gave me.

on 1/29/2012 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like this mascara it gives you that dramatic look that one would want. I have it in brown and black and I mostly use the brown one to give me a more natural look for the daytime. When I wear the brown one people ask are those fake lashes so its really good.

on 5/13/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This is my HG Mascara, I love love love this so much. I used to use a cheap wet n wild mascara, but after all the clumping and horrible spider lashes, I tried this. This is amazing, it give volume, it does not clump. The price in my opinion is worth it, you get what you pay for! The packaging in this is the best for mascara's in my opinion. SO perfect and sophisticated. I recommend this to anyone who wants a great mascara. Will buy this until it discontinues, but I doubt that'll ever happen! ;).

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this mascara, it is very pricey however i always am asked if i am wearing fake lashes when i wear it.

on 7/29/2010 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to love Diorshow Mascara....I don't! It adds NOTHING to my lashes. I feel as if I don't even have on mascara when using Diorshow. My Covergirl Lashblast is way more efficient, and cost effective. I am so dissapointed.

Edited to add: With 2 or more coats Diorshow is more visible. Added one more lippie.

After a couple of months of giving this a try...I LOVE IT! It added great length and volume. I'm glad I didn't chuck it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have never understood the hype. I have tried lots of mascaras and find this to be mediocre. The brush is nice but the tube makes the mascara dry out so quickly! I had to apply several layers to even get a dramatic effect and it smudged on my lower lashes quite a bit. And it's expensive for such mediocre results. I've been more impressed by the latest Extase.

on 7/12/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The brush on this mascara is hard to use and the mascara dries out in the tube quite quickly.. It gets really clumpy and so I usually seperate my lashes afterwards with another mascara but apart from that the volume is good and the colour is too.