Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 7/12/2016 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice mascara. Gives lots of volume, no real length though. Stays in place all day - no smudging or flaking. The only minor point is that I usually prefer smaller brushes (I have short lashes, so this brush is the maximum my lashes can handle).
Overall very good mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm highly critical of the recent trend, started by Too Faced, of putting fragrance in eye shadows. It just seems the dumbest thing to do, given that many people have problems with scented products. BUT....having said that, I love that this mascara smells of roses rather than of what I imagine coal oil or kerosene lamp oil smells like, which is the smell of most other mascaras in the world. I'll take roses any day.

I got a sample size of this with some Sephora gift bag and I love it. It is SO black and really makes my lashes look lush and dark. And it doesn't smudge on me, which is a major bonus. But I am pretty cheap when it comes to mascara. Except for Clarins's Be Long (and maybe Make Up For Ever), which are the only two for which I pay a higher price, I am pretty happy with L'Oreal Voluminous for every day wear. But I might treat myself to a full sized tube of this beautiful mascara the next time there is a GWP at the Dior counter or when Sephora has their next 20% off VIB Rouge sale.

To Read all 3114 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/20/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are many things to like about this mascara. The color is very, very black, the packaging is lovely, and the brush shape is really nice (it's easy to use the tip for smaller lashes). At the same time, the fragrance is very strong and ROSEY. I am able to smell it hours after the mascara application. I prefer using this mascara atop the Dior primer (which I really, really like!) but it tends to feel heavy on my lashes by the end of the day. It does wash off easily.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looks great and works great for me

on 4/13/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Don't know what all the buzz is about, had the Waterproof version and ended up with racoon eyes... my eyelashes are straight and long but need volume, didn't give it more than any other mascara. For the price, not worth it.

on 4/8/2016 10:05:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever tried but it's a little pricey for everyday wear

on 4/8/2016 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This mascara made my eyelashes look fantastically long and thick! It was like magic. A few swipes with the wand, and I had the most dramatic eyelashes. Amazing.

I did, however, find that this mascara started drying surprisingly fast. After a while, the wonderful eyelash effect started petering off, resulting in this looking just like any regular mascara, and after 4 months I couldn't get the tube fully closed anymore.

So I'm really on the fence about this. The initial effect is so amazing, I'll probably repurchase this one day... but the shorter-than-expected life of it has got me looking for other mascara options for now.

on 4/3/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This used to be my holy grail for the most dramatic lashes possible. I thought I'd see how it works now. It's not irritating to the eyes or eyelids and it works better than almost anything. It's just that the strong perfume made me wash it off after a few hours. The scent never went away. Too bad because it gives me perfect lashes instantly. You do not need to keep applying more and more to get results. I found that 2 coats is just right. With other brands I have to put on 3 or more coats to get the same effect. The big problem is the heavy perfume and for that reason, I will be getting Dior Black Out instead from now on.

Update Apr 20/16: I tried it again using one coat on top of another brand, and this time the scent didn't bother me. I think it's less strong now. I used it on top of a disappointing mascara that gave no length. So using one coat of this on top of others might be the best way to get that fabulous look.

Update Apr 28/16: This is my hg again. In all my recent comparison photos, 3 coats of this alone looks the best. Yes - better than Hypnose. I love trying mascaras and always will, but the pictures don't lie. These lashes are fluffy, long, full, and don't look stiff, clumped or twiglike. Part of the reason for this is the brush. I have to say this is my best mascara, even with the perfume scent. I can live with it. I think it works better now than the day I bought it because it has dried slightly. The look is perfection. I'm sold. I still have a box full of mascaras that I must occasionally use, and some of them are quite good, but now I know for sure this is the best one.

Update Apr 29/16: Logically, this cannot rate as highly as Hypnose because of the awful perfume. You literally can smell it all day as if you had sprayed it on. I have to lower my rating to 4. I still love the way it makes my lashes look.

on 4/2/2016 11:24:00 AM

Ive got really small weak lashes but this mascara really makes the best out of them. The results are comparable with Benefit they're real, however Benefit mascara required 4X more time to apply and dry, was smudging all over and wasnt that dramatic. Im just wondering how this mascara would look on someone with naturally long/voluminous lashes, probably the lashes would go sky up :) im definitely repurchasing despite hefty price tag

This is a great staple mascara, esp since its been reformulated. It really maximizes lashes and makes them big and fluffy.
I also really love this in pro blue, it's a very subtle blue mascara that brightens the eyes.