MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

3.4

I think this eyeshadow quad is just OK. I use the light brown and the darker purple a lot but haven't touched the gold. really. Colour pay off is Ok, not the best, but it works better when I use a sponge brush. Nothing too exciting about this quad. I prefer their regular eyeshadow over their mineral ones.

This must be the worst MAC product I've tried.

Texture: very gritty
Colour: Very pale and not as impressive as other MAC eye shadows. I had to wet brush to get some decent amount of colour
Staying power: Not that great, it falls out fairly quickly

Overall the quality was unlike MAC at all, I've paid $44 AUD but got something I could pick up for $5!

I ended up returning it and picking up two other eye shadows Style Snob and Smoke and Dimond, can't wait to try them out as they get goos reviews.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Let me first start by describing the Eccentricity mineral eye shadow quad. It contains 4 colors: a gold, a light purpley/lavender, a true purple, and a deep plummy/brown color. I love to use the light purpley/lavender color on the first 1/2 of my eye lid, the true purple on the outer 1/2 of my eye lid, the plummy/brown color in my crease and outer-v, and the gold on the inner corner of my eye! I then add eyeliner and I have and really pretty look where the color can be adjusted for day or night, depending on the method used to apply the shadows. I thought that I was going to return the 3 mineral eye shadow quads that I purchased from the Colour Craft collection. These mineral eye shadow quads have HORRIBLE glitter fall out!! I tried using them dry, wet, patting and no blending, etc... I finally figured out how to minimize the fall out. I use my NYX jumbo eye shadow pencils in Milk, Lavender, or Purple. I choose which one to use depending on the intensity of the color that I want. These bases are very sticky so that the eye shadows adhere better. I do experience some fall out, but that is easily fixed. These mineral eye shadow quads are available for a limited time from your local MAC counter or on maccosmetics.com for $19.50.

on 7/31/2009 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

surprisingly....im not a fan
i thought i would be...i really did
the dark purple and taupe-ish colour were nice
the gold was overly shiny. i dont know how the heck anyone can use that colour.

also i found that the color payoff wasnt that great and i wasnt a fan of the texture. i have the play on plums mineralize eyeshadow which i LOVE so its not that i dont understand how mineralize eyeshadows work

going to return this one and get something else....

overall it's not horrible but i would rather spend the money on something i really want to use

Beautiful quad! Love the purples and the colors go great together. Putting the gold in the center of the lid really gives the colors a pop!

I recently went to the MAC store in Fashion VAlley (this store is ranked #5 in the entire US), San Diego, and asked the store manager (a friend who is also the overseer of 5 other stores!!!) Erica if she would do my face with some of the mineralize products and she used Eccentricity on my eyes...WOW!!! the sheer colors were beautifully blended and she used all 4 colors on my eye (with HAUX in the crease which is the secret to make it really pop).

when i had first seen this quad online i thought i would not buy it because i already have golds and plums. but once its on your skin it is very velvetty and i cannot imagine how i could replicate that by mixing others to replicate all that this cuad does...it would be a mess!

AND...big and...the texture you definitely cannot duplicate...it gives DIMENSION to the eyes. needless to say i was stunned by how she made it look on me, paired with SMOOTHE MERGE as a blush, contour and highlight.

if i ever ran out of it, i would defintly repurchase! many people say they wouldnt repurchase many mac products but that is because you get sooooo much for your buck, not because of regret... because trust me, you wont regret this one!!

From the Colour Craft collection, these 4 color quads are such a steal for 19.50! It's colors are: Rich gold, Light violet, Rich bronze, Deep plum. This one is really gritty compared to some others in this collection, when applied there's poor color payoff.