Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying SPF 50+

3.4

aqua, cyclomethicone, octocrylene, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, glycerin, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, methylpropanediol, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, homosalate, butyrospermum parkii butter, polyamide-5, lauroyl lysine, polymethylsilsesquioxane, titanium dioxide, alcohol denat., ethylhexyl salicylate, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, glycyrrhiza inflata root extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, vp/hexadecene copolymer, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, trisodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, ethylparaben, methylparaben

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really surprised by some reviews here, and I'm like, have you tried shaking it before? Cause this sunscreen mattifies the skin almost immediately after I put it on. I like to layer serum-sunscreen-foundation-concealer-powder, and it never failed me this way. My skin stays matte way longer than it usually does.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I started using this product during winter, under the recommendation of a trusted SA in my local pharmacy when I was looking for a new sunscreen for the colder months. I have oily/combination skin that becomes not-as-oily/kind-of-dehydrated once the temperature drops. She said this was actually geared towards normal/combination skin so it shouldn't give me the dryish feel I was getting with my usual sunscreen. And she was right. This is a pretty light fluid that applies very smoothly. The mattifying effect wore off pretty quickly though, but it didn't give me crazy shine either and a blotting paper on my T-zone was enough to help with that. I would say this is truly perfect for normal/combination skin. If you have oily skin you'll find this disappointing, and I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin either because it isn't very moisturizing.
Now that the weather is becoming a bit warmer (and my skin a lot greasier) I'm changing back to my usual dry-touch type of sunscreen. But it's a pretty good product that does a good job for a very good price and I plan to go back to it during winter or whenever my skin gets unbalanced and not as greasy.

This is the best sunscreen I have used in my life (and that's coming from a VERY pale person living in the Southern California sun).

This sunscreen is a dupe for the La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 sunscreen - but I like the Eucerin version better!! Glides on effortlessly and absorbs in under a minute. Doesn't leave a white cast on skin and is lightly moisturizes while leaving a demi-matte finish. Works well under makeup.

I am shocked that the reviews for this aren't more positive! I bought mine in Europe so maybe it has a different formulation?

It's not greasy, doesn't cause breakouts and it's cheap. What's not to like.

With Sunscreens I have a love/hate relationship and often ends with regrets for the money i spend and the irritations i got in return.
I am prone to ocular allergy and very allergic at many SS ingredients like Octocrylene,Homosalate and this product have them both.
The one i use have other ingredients list like the one posted already,on my sunscreen first ingredient is Aqua and then Octocrylene,Glycerin,Alcohol Denat,Titanium Dioxide(nano) another few and then Homosalate.
This sunscreen gave me red spots on my cheeks also after few hours horrible eye redness(for few days),very painful and itching.
This sunscreen is definitely not for me!
And i have drier skin and this is not moisturising enough also the finish is not matt.I still need a moisturiser before and my face still looks ``wet`` after this sunscreen.The product feels uncomfortable on the skin very thick and greasy.
Another BAD Suncreen on my list ..and it is still summer and the hunt goes on :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've known better sunscreens, but I have also known worse. A lot have commented that this is not mattifying as it is supposed to. I have tried many brands of sunscreen, and I can say that this one provides a LESS 'greasy'/'shiny' finish, compared to many others. So, it is mattifying, but only in relative terms. It does leave a white film on your face, and though you can correct this with makeup, it is still not up to par with others (think Neutrogena's line of sunscreens). I like though that it comes in a handy pocket-sized packaging, which I can throw in my handbag.

Overall, ok but far from the best. It definitely lags behind stronger competitors.

wait what? mattifying?

this is anything but mattifying. just a thin film on your face and you will look like a grease ball.

i have skin so dry that it peels as i am on oral retinoids. my dermatologist give me a sample of this sunscreen and told me that this sunscreen is oily thus it is suitable for skin as dry as mine.
nevertheless, i still look so oily and shiny after applying and blotting with powder is a must after that. it also doesn't seem to absorb into the skin and sits on it.

luckily what i have are just samples.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high expectations of Eucerin. HAD.

After they took my favourite sensitive skin cleanser off the market in South Africa a few years ago and replaced it with something containing caustic soda (that made me break out into hives, I might add), I was pretty narked with them, and it took me a while to forgive their indiscretions and try another of their products again. This time, I tried the Mattifying Sun Fluid 50+. Bad idea.

The product is a thin, milky liquid that looks promisingly light before it goes on. It has a typical 'medicinal' Eucerin scent - not particularly pleasant, but bearable. However, once you put it on, it all goes downhill very quickly. It's incredibly greasy and slick - and while it makes your skin feel relatively soft, for people like myself with a constant oil-slick, this is a no-go. Anyway, after a few days of trying this I began to notice signs of acne and blackheads reappearing on my PREVIOUSLY SPOTLESS SKIN (a matter that I'm very sensitive about, as I struggled for many years with the most terrible cystic acne). And it's only gotten worse.

This pales in comparison to Vichy's Capital Soleil Mattifying face fluid. I don't care how much Eucerin says that this product is "perfect for oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin" - it's not. However, if you have drier skin, this might suit you better. For my oily/acne-prone sisters, STAY AWAY!!

Doesn't mattify at all. It is even greasier than other facial sun screens which do not claim to be mattifying. The product feels uncomfortable on the skin, very oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best sunscreens I've tried. I sometimes don't want to wear makeup but want to protect my skin. I had a spell of just wearing this and my partner asked what make up I was wearing it was that good!! Reasonable price and goes on easy, a keeper!