Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm

4.3

Lanolin (100 ultra medical grade), Sweet Almond Oil, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera alba, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Grape Seed Oil, vitamin E, Aroma, CI 77891, CI 15850, CI 19140, CI 77491, CI 17200, CI 45410, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 42090, RicinusCommunis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tried this out during travels and it’s definitely something different from traditional balms & ointments but highly effective in a majority of situations where one needs to soothe irritations or treat dry bits.
I used it mainly as a hand & lip treatment and on the hands about a 1/4” portion from the tube is generous. It soaks in with a bit of work and leaves hands soft. The major perk of lanolin: it doesn’t leave a greasy film behind. It even lasts through a hand washing. A dab for lips leaves a nice coating and will last several hours, longer if you don’t drink from anything. However, I prefer the lanolips lip products for the applicator and the softer formula.
I have a bad habit of running my hands through my hair and wanted to try this as one of the “101” uses (all of which are not specified) and it helped tame my frizzies without making my fine blonde hair look or feel greasy. I also smoothed a little over my nighttime moistturizer one evening and it definitely works well as a moisture booster.
Not sure what exactly all of the “101” used are and this particular version of straight lanolin is a very pricey choice to use in large quantities. The only honest complaint I can make at this time is the cap of the tube kept on popping off inside of my clutch bag. Fortunately this wasn’t a problem, thanks to its forementioned complaints of being difficult to squeeze from the tube. I already have purchased a backup because I want to continue to use it for my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Trying to squeeze this stuff from the tube put me in mind of BITE Beauty's Agave Lip Mask....a near impossibility. I ended up dipping a bodkin into the tube to get product because I was afraid the tube was going to burst, I was squeezing that hard! I've since learned that warming/massaging the tube helps soften the product and I transfer a bit of it to a sample jar to make it easier to use. I've tried the Lanolips lemony lip balm but I must prefer this Superbalm as it is much smoother (I found the balm sort of gritty feeling, much like Nuxe lip balm). Superbalm is really soothing and moisturizing on my lips and on a dry, cracked patch on one of my elbows, and is amazing as a cuticle cream/softener. I've tried quite a few cuticle creams but I think this is the best of them all and at just over $20 CDN, the price is not too bad as the tube will last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is very thick, the thickest occlusive balm you can imagine and when you slather a thin layer on your lips it isn’t going anywhere. You can also use this on your skin but should probably be reserved for super dry, rough patches. It will soften and repair skin to a large degree after just one use. I love that this is all natural and can be used (as the name states) for multiple purposes. I got a generous sample and have been using this daily on my lips ever since. When my sample runs out I will be purchasing this, it’s amazing stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While I do think that this product is a perfectly good lip balm, and I mainly purchased it in my never-ending quest to find a lip product that stands up to bitter New England winters, without requiring a reapplication every hour on the hour, I actually gave it five lippies for one of the other 100 uses they tout for it. Granted, 101 might a bit of a stretch, but I get the marketing. Anyway, as I said, I live in an area with very cold winters, and I do a lot of walking no matter the weather. This year, in particular, I've had a lot of problems with the tip of my nose and my nasal passages getting chapped and raw. It's really unpleasant, and with the skin peeling, it is hard to manage. My regular moisturizers, which I love, weren't cutting it, and even when I was using Aquaphor and the thick Nivea cream in the tin, the results were marginal at best. So, enter lanolips, which lists 'dry nasal passages' as one of its uses. I was not particularly convinced that rubbing sheep oil on and in my nose was going to be enjoyable, but I decided to give it a try. I put on the first little layer around 9:30 pm, and went to be. Within 24 hours, the difference was incredible, and had been pretty dramatic overnight as well. I did reapply pretty often (maybe every 3-4 hours when I was awake), but that was more because I was desperate to keep it working. For the first time in a month+ my nose doesn't have any noticeable peeling. I will keep applying it sparingly over the next few days to try and keep everything happy, but I'm really thrilled. All in all, it's been a success.

As for the product itself, it's a bit stiff coming out of the tube, which I don't think is the easiest to squeeze, although maybe that's a good thing, so I don't end up using too much product. It's more expensive than I'd like to pay for lip balm, but so far, I think it's worth it. The packaging is pretty cute, and there isn't any smell really, and that is definitely a plus for me. Because I'm using it on my skin directly, and not just my lips, I'm on the look out for any kind of breakouts, but have not had any issues so far. I think this will be a winter staple for me!

I bought this in Strawberry, the pink tube with the gold cap. I wouldn’t buy the strawberry version again because the smell isn’t long lasting and there’s no reason to buy a scented product if the scent doesn’t last, in my opinion (even though the tube is cute). It was about $14 for the strawberry one. I would purchase the plain lanolips instead, which is 0.52 oz and a little more expensive ($17) than the strawberry one (strawberry= 0.35 oz).

As far as performance, I like this because it’s thick and keeps my lips soft. If I put this on overnight and sleep in it, it’s still on my lips in the morning. I put this on over a lip stain throughout the day and it keeps my lips shiny and supple. I have a hard time finding lip products that keep my lips from being chapped and peeling, but this works for me. I will repurchase even though it’s expensive because it works.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This ointment put me in the vicious cycle off applying it, my lips drying out more because of it so I apply more...rinse and repeat. I don’t find it offers immediate relief either. Also, I hate how much the consistency changes depending on various circumstances. It’s cold outside and this happens to be in your pocket? It’s rock solid so good luck getting it out. You left it in the back pocket of your pants while inside? Have fun squeezing out the greasy mess. Only time I appreciate this was when I had a dry patch on my skin and was able to apply this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to say I really like this stuff!! It is actually *healing* not just occlusive. I have a massive tub of NOW foods pure lanolin at home, and it's much thicker, stickier and kind of an ugly color compared to this. I don't think this is quite as healing, but it's portable, easy to apply and smells much better. :) I can put this on the worst winter dried, chapped lips imaginable and in a day or two at most, they're back to normal. I am so happy to have finally gotten my hands (and lips) on this. I have a tube in my purse, and always will. I think it's pricey for what you get -I got a 7 ounce jar of lanolin from vitacost.com for less than $8.50, and one of these little tubes will set you back $16 if you pay full price at Ulta. You can use a coupon to bring the cost down, but it's still a lot more than the jar, but convenience has its price, right? :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for lip balm. It is so perfect, it has the best ingredients and no sulfate, parabenes, mineral and etc that other brand lip balms usually have. It is all natural. It has cured my dry lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the straw that broke the camel's back. For years, I've dreamed of the magic lip balm, the one where people say you sleep with chapped lips and wake up with suddenly, miraculously smooth lips. So many products claim this and for each of them, you'll find a reviewer who claims this. Well, from someone who has pursued this dream for more than 20 years, I will now tell you: It's a giant MYTH. The magic lip balm doesn't exist.

There are lip balms that are not bad - they will moisturise for a while. And then your lips will get dry again and you'll have to apply again. The one that will completely transform your lips? Well, let me burst your bubble right now. Lanolips is not it. Don't get me wrong, it's ok. But it's no better than the $4 Nivea lip balm which I actually prefer as it's not quite as sticky. It really doesn't perform any better. Neither does Paula's Choice or Nuxe.

So if this expensive tube of Lanolips has benefitted me in any way, it's that it has cured me of my need to search for the HG because I'm finally satisfied that it doesn't exist and can stop wasting my time and money.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

EXCELLENT!

This is one of those products that you don't realise that its making a difference until one day you touch your lips and think "hey, there's no peeling anymore"
I don't have dry dry lips, but I do have the occasional peeling here and there, which I secretly love to do while sitting and work. I know its damaging to the lips but I cant help myself!

I read some reviews online about this and decided to buy the clear ointment and also one with colour. (I was on a beauty kick and just wanted to whole nigh time routine) Don't like the colour one as much. Its just sitting there unused. But I have been applying the ointment on my lips every night before bed when I remember to do so! Its made a HUGE improvement on my lips. Not one piece of dry skin on my lips at all! it makes apply lipstick easier and takes no effort to smear some on of a night.

Top Rated Lip Treatments