4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

24 days ago

I've been on the search for my HG lip balm and have come to a stop to this one! Love it! I've tried things like the lucas pawpaw (I really don't recommend this), bite agave lip mask (sadly reformulated), so from high-end to low. Makes lip plump, lasts the longest out of all the balms I've tried, very moisturising and smooths out any dryness! I have two minor issues though, this does pill and leave like a white film in the inner lip if you apply a lot and/or it's cold and the consistency changes a lot in extreme weather; in the cold it gets hard to squeeze out and when it's hot you end up squeezing too hard cause it's liquidy now. All of these issues I do not mind at all though. But with all of that being said, I won't be repurchasing this anymore. I looked up the ingredient list and was shocked that it literally only has lanolin and lanolin oil... Nothing else. Not even a preservative. The reason this is such a big issue is you can literally find any drugstore dupe to this, at the supermarket here in the AU you can get a 300g tub of Australian lanolin for 4 dollars. Many also have more ingredients then just damn lanolin. I recently made this discovery so I still have a good amount left but when I use up my supply of this overpriced but undeniably moisturising beauty I will test cheaper alternatives and write back! I do recommend their Lemonade Lip Treatment especially if this one didn't work because there's more ingredients in that one + a bit of shimmer and that one is my HG lip gloss because it's very everyday friendly while making my lips look so plump, glossy and luscious!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

4 months ago

I've used this for years. The only lip balm I'll ever purchase. I've got several friends hooked on this and it's amazing for chapped skin all over. Forever in my handbag. Holy grail.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

This is for the lip balm not the original 101. I have the coconutter and the peach versions and I absolutely love both. They’re gorgeous for locking moisture on my lips and can also be used anywhere on the body to heal dry patches. Highly recommended for lips and dry skin.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I wanted to love this lip balm, but i was so disappointed. First of all, i regretted not buying it with a scent apple or coconut. I don't know what happened but it started smelling like water that stays in place for a long time, maybe from hot and cold temperatures that make it go hard or loose, which make me want to throw it out. Whats more, it needs frequent reapplication for my lips to stay hydrated. It's not cheap so I had higher expectations! I'm gone stay with my HG nuxe reve de miel and stop experimenting with B**ls**t!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I always loved lanolin but couldn't get over the awful scent. This doesn't have that gross lanolin smell whatsoever. I have very dry/peeling lips and lanolin seems to be the only thing that helps "cure" them Stays on your lips for a long time & gives them a slick wet look (think MAC lipglass). Overall I'm very pleased with it. It probably will last me a very long time so I'm sure I won't be repurchasing very soon.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I’ve used this for the past couple of years as a lip balm/gloss and loved it, it keeps my lips from chapping and leaves a wet look that I love. But now it has superseded my expectations even further! After having trouble with my eyelids for a month (they had reacted to something and were dry, flaky, sore and inflamed) I had tried various different creams with no luck. It occurred to me to give this a try and I’m so glad I did. After 24 hours my eyes had cleared up! I thought this balm was great but now think it’s miraculous and it will be my go to whenever I have any skin complaint.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

I've really been enjoying lanolips lately. It's summer now and it's not hard to squeeze at all. There is no smell or taste. My lips feel protected for a long time and look smoother than before. My only real complaint is that I'm not a big fan of the initial shiny finish and miss the sensory pleasure I get from beautifully scented lip balms. I also see no reason than the cute packaging to repurchase lanolips as any other pure refined lanolin like purelan would work exactly the same. I can't deny that lanolin works and will probably use it at night along with Nuxe Reve de miel in the morning.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is my review for the Strawberry multi-balm. Likes: -It smells so yummy! It's a soft, strawberry candy sort of smell. -It's very rich and hydrating. It cocoons the lips in a hydrating layer of moisture. -It hydrates deeply. When it wears off my lips are still hydrated, plumped with moisture and smooth Dislikes: -It takes a bit of warming up during the winter. I usually massage the tube to get the product flowing. Other details: It retails for $19CAD and is only sold at Sephora. The product comes with about 10grams of product. The product is absolutely clear. I would repurchase this product and I've repurchased it twice! It's my favourite winter lip balm. I'm interested in trying out the Peach and the Coconutter flavour!

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

2 years ago

Tried this out during travels and it’s definitely something different from traditional balms & ointments but highly effective in a majority of situations where one needs to soothe irritations or treat dry bits. I used it mainly as a hand & lip treatment and on the hands about a 1/4” portion from the tube is generous. It soaks in with a bit of work and leaves hands soft. The major perk of lanolin: it doesn’t leave a greasy film behind. It even lasts through a hand washing. A dab for lips leaves a nice coating and will last several hours, longer if you don’t drink from anything. However, I prefer the lanolips lip products for the applicator and the softer formula. I have a bad habit of running my hands through my hair and wanted to try this as one of the “101” uses (all of which are not specified) and it helped tame my frizzies without making my fine blonde hair look or feel greasy. I also smoothed a little over my nighttime moistturizer one evening and it definitely works well as a moisture booster. Not sure what exactly all of the “101” used are and this particular version of straight lanolin is a very pricey choice to use in large quantities. The only honest complaint I can make at this time is the cap of the tube kept on popping off inside of my clutch bag. Fortunately this wasn’t a problem, thanks to its forementioned complaints of being difficult to squeeze from the tube. I already have purchased a backup because I want to continue to use it for my face.

About reviewer (310 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Trying to squeeze this stuff from the tube put me in mind of BITE Beauty's Agave Lip Mask....a near impossibility. I ended up dipping a bodkin into the tube to get product because I was afraid the tube was going to burst, I was squeezing that hard! I've since learned that warming/massaging the tube helps soften the product and I transfer a bit of it to a sample jar to make it easier to use. I've tried the Lanolips lemony lip balm but I much prefer this Superbalm as it is much smoother (I found the balm sort of gritty feeling, much like Nuxe lip balm). Superbalm is really soothing and moisturizing on my lips and on a dry, cracked patch on one of my elbows, and is amazing as a cuticle cream/softener. I've tried quite a few cuticle creams but I think this is the best of them all and at just over $20 CDN, the price is not too bad as the tube will last a long time.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age56 & Over