Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Charcoal Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Charcoal Smokes

on 8/28/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was the first eyeshadow I ever got (13-15 years old), and looking back on it, I'd still say it's pretty solid. Pigmentation is great imo, but I can understand if it might not seem that way to other people because the two lightest colors aren't very strong. Sometimes I just wear the second lightest for something subtle, or do the first three lightest as per the instructions. I tend to avoid the darkest because it makes me look like a crackwhore. :)

I gave the value 4/5 because it's a lot of makeup. If you're someone who throws your makeup out when it expires, then maybe this isn't the best. But if you're like me and don't throw your makeup out (like a filthy heathen), then this is a 5/5 value.

Packaging is a hinge top, if you couldn't tell from the picture, and it's pretty fragile, sadly - I dropped it just once and it broke (the hinges, that is - pans stayed strong like bull.) However, this is the worst thing about the product - everything else is great.

on 10/5/2015 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I hate the new quad! They have made my favourite shade tiny! I love the lid colour and I wear it on its own when I'm feeling lazy. I wish I could buy the colour on its own!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first quad I bought years ago to do the smoky eye effect. I used it so much when I bought it that I went through the entire kit in just a few months. The shadows blended very easily once I worked with them for a bit. The staying power is amazing considering I have other Maybelline shadows that only last a few hours. Unfortunately, although this is a great kit, I would not buy again as I would prefer to find a better quality kit. I'm not completely fond of the sparkly look, and would like to find matte smoky shadows that are a little more toned down on the shimmer.

on 10/7/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I just never really liked this quad. None of the colors were pigmented and I would have to pack on a lot of eyeshadow for that desired look. I'd rather spend the extra 2 bucks and get better the color pigmentation with the NYX trio in white/silver/black palette.

on 7/31/2013 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love love love this eyeshadow! It is so versatile and the pigments are great. I don't use a primer or anything and the shadow lasts all day without fading or settling into the crease. Since buying this for a raccoon costume for Halloween this year to do an intense smoky eye this the only brand of eyeshadow I buy!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for a neutral eye. Not too much but you can definetly tell it's there. Just all around love Maybelline eye shadow quads!

on 1/24/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

charcoal smokes by maybelline is a verry nice eye shadows palette.it contains a satin medium taupe-purple, a light satin taupe-grey ,a satin light silver,a dark shimmery black. It goes on smoothly,last long,perfect to do a taupe smokey eyes!love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

(I have the new version which is a little different to the first) I really love this quad the colours are all very pigmented and go on nicely and create a gorgeous smokey eye

-however I do use a different matte white for my browbone because this one is way too glittery, also they can get quite messy so I'd defenitely recommend a primer, overall I would probably repurchase this really good drugstore quad

on 10/20/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This quad was never a favorite with me the first time that I bought it, but surprisingly, I've been reaching for it more than I've expected. And usually, when I reach for stuff on a daily basis that means I LOVE it, but that's not really the case for it here. I guess I have to say, it looks nice, the lid color with the crease color are a nice combination, and the silver isn't bad for inner corner. I guess I usually use it on a daily basis because I'd rather use this than my more expensive ones for the day. You have to be careful if your going to play with all four because it has a real high potential to turn into a bruised eye because I've discovered with me, when I had to apply a lot for a really strong smoky eye, there was a lot of random pigments that managed to spread around and it just looked really messy. Use a primer definitely with this, it's important because the pigmentation is not really great, but it's satisfactory in the end. I have the old packaging (where all four are equal-sized squares) and I broke the lid just recently because I dropped it in the sink (which also happened with another maybelline quad) so it's not the sturdiest, just don't throw it around. I don't like the black though, except to line my eyes, and even then it's the least pigmented that it never stays more than an hour. I don't regret buying it, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 7/17/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've bought tons and tons of this stuff and i've loved it sense the first time i tried it a while ago. It's always been the same and didn't change like some make up does, And it goes on smoothly with the perfect wand, Has a fabulous sparkle to it that's a plus, And is great for smokey eyes. I will buy again and again and WILL and have recommended it to friends, Every one that tried it says the same as me!! Good stuff!