Gres Ambre de Cabochard

Gres Ambre de Cabochard

3.0

on 11/22/2012 10:30:00 AM

I liked this one strangely enough and some ambers give me a headache, this didn't. I don't get any patchouli, just a sweet, spicey vanillic amber. The amber fades pretty fast and so does the drydown, which is why I would not repurchase. Also, a minor point, the pretty bow on the cap broke almost immedialtely. But not at all bad.

on 9/2/2009 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Vanilla spiced amber. This is definitely unisex. No sweetness anywere, and austerly elegant in its dry woodiness. I didn't get a blast of patchouli like the previous reviewer. (I hate patchouli pretty much, so I would've noticed) I would consider this an evening scent as it is not light or airy.

on 6/13/2009 11:06:00 PM

If you like that kind of light, sweet patchouli that is all the rage these days and is NOTHING like head shop patchouli, then you'll love Ambre de Cabochard. It's all Angel-ish or Shanghai-ish or Lovely-ish patchouli mixed with a little B.O.ish cumin in the beginning (fades almost immediately) layered with a sweet, vanillic, cherry-influenced amber.

The bottle is adorable.

I'm sour because nothing I read prepared me for the patchouli, and I don't like that particular note. I can manage the hippie/headshop patch, but that thin, sweet one popular lately is wretched on me and this fragrance is WAY not working.

Will this teach me not to buy unsniffed? Tragically, no.

Popular Fragrances