LUSH Dark Angels

LUSH Dark Angels
LUSH Dark AngelsDark Angels

3.9

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 2/26/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Too harsh for my oily sensitive skin and doesn't get rid of my acne, just makes it worse. Will not repurchase.

I got this product because I have acne-probe skin and i've heard good reviews about it. I've been using it for 2 months now and I have mixed feelings about it. PRO'S: controls oil, exfoliates gently and without drying the skin out, looks cool, cleans the skin and reduces acne. CON'S: It makes a mess and it leaves resedue. You can get rid of the resedue simply by using a tonic on a cotton pad and wiping it over your face but it's very annoying. OVERALL OPINION: You get a good amount of product for the price so I wouldn't say it's expensive because you also don't need a lot to clean your face. I wouldn't repurchase this product again because I find the resedue very annoying.

on 1/24/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this because I was told by my friend (who worked at Lush) to try this one out for my acne. After suffering from a really bad breakout that just cleared up, I needed something to stop any breakouts from happening. I've only been using this for less than a week and for the first 3 days my face felt amazing. It felt clean and although it exfoliates, my skin didn't feel dry after washing. However on the fourth day I started noticing little bumps on my cheeks but I disregarded it because little bumps are nothing compared to my breakouts. The next day I woke up and saw 5 huge pimples spread out on my cheeks. I don't really know if I'll continue using but I wanted so badly for this to work for me.

on 1/21/2017 6:40:00 AM

I love this product. I use it all over and I've noticed it even helps prevent I frown hairs. It exfoliates throughly, but I find the amount of pressure you put in your skin while scrubbing will determine the level you want. I also use this as a face mask and my skin looks polished and feels amazing afterwards. Less oil and blimishes also!

on 1/18/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this product. I'd like to preface with the fact that I have slightly dry skin. This, as a cleanser, is pretty amazing. My skin has never felt so clean. I don't have trouble with acne, except for a hormonal breakout I always get around my period. That breakout usually lingers for a week. I used this, and it was gone in 2 days. This cleanser is really good at removing everything from the skin and significantly reducing scarring. For that, I love it. However, this dries out my skin terribly. I hate the way my skin looks directly after washing this off. The texture of this is rough and feels so harsh on the skin and strips my skin of all oils. I look so haggardly right after using this. The skin on my nose is even peeling! If I had known, I wouldn't have used this every day for a week (the Lush girl said this was great as an everyday cleanser). It is definitely not an everyday cleanser for dry skin, definitely a once or twice a week situation.

However, my brother is going through puberty and has extremely oily and acne-prone skin. I convinced him to try it and it is a miracle worker on him. His face is bumpy and red and after ONE use I was completely wowed by the results. I couldn't stop staring at his face the next day because it looked so good! It didn't take away all of his pimples, he still those, but the bumpy texture, especially on his forehead, and his redness completely disappeared. His skin looked so smooth and beautiful. One con is that for him, it was difficult to remove and left some streakiness which we eventually got off with a towel. I have personally never had any problems with staining.

I would not recommend this to those with dry skin. I am going to try and find a different Lush cleanser that's more moisturizing. For those with oily skin, I can definitely see why you love it so much! If you have oily acne-prone skin, I would not even hesitate in recommending this to you.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just don't know about this stuff....I only received a sample of this from Lush, but it's lasted me almost 3 weeks of using it every night or every few nights, so I think I got a good feel for it. I have oily skin with occasional dry patches and moderate acne all over the place, so this cleanser sounded perfect for me. I think the reason I won't purchase it is it seems to be a little to rough for my skin. When I use it, I'm not like scrubbing the crap out of my skin or anything, but it's so rough that I feel like I'm irritating sensitive areas like zits and making them more angry. It definitely exfoliates and removes makeup, but I was too scared to use it around my eyes so I would always have to go over those parts with another cleanser to take off makeup. To be fair, I don't know if I was able to tell whether or not it helps with oily skin as I've nearly perfected my oily skin routine and don't see much oil after my routine these days. It didn't improve my skin as far as I could tell, but my acne is mostly cystic and hormonal so I doubt any cleanser will be able to do much good. For people with sensitive skin, this might be ok to use as a weekly cleanser/exfoliant or something like that, but it was far too harsh for daily or even every other day use for me. I don't think I'll be purchasing this, but I'm glad I tried it and maybe it my skin changes to be less sensitive and acne prone, I would give it another try.

on 1/14/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am almost at the end of my container so I have been using this for several weeks now.

Some of the claims listed for this product are to 'exfoliate, absorb excess oil, leave dull skin and/or acne-prone skin feeling fresh and matte... deeply cleanse to prevent breakouts, smooth the skin, and brighten it.

After cleansing my skin definitely feels smooth, more hydrated, and looks brighter. I have some grayness on my eyelids that has gone away a significant amount while using this.

I don't feel that it has done anything to prevent or lessen the amount of oil my face produces. I still experience acne on my forehead but many of the whiteheads around the edges of my nose and under my lip near my chin have disappeared.

After using this I feel like cleansers with soap are better for my skin to get a real clean. The exfoliated smoothing feeling that this cleanser give my skin is the same I can get from the Freeman Black Sugar Mask. Charcoal and mud cleansers are just not effective enough for my skin so I will not be purchasing again.

I love, love, love this stuff. I use this once or twice a week and Lush Coalface any time I'm not using DA. Together, it has helped my oily, acne-prone skin! (Including hormonal acne, which nothing has saved me in the past!) This stuff makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. The smell isn't bad. I kind of like it but I can see why others wouldn't. It smells like licorice. It is pretty messy but for the results I received from using this product, I don't even care! It has left a residue on my face and then other times, it hasn't. So it may have something to do with the water/DA ratio when mixing. Either way, I always soak a cotton pad with Witch Hazel right after cleansing my face and swipe it across my entire face and that always takes it off super easily! It doesn't stain my sink and I can use it over the sink, so it's not something I always have to carry to the shower with me. This stuff reduced the cystic acne I had on my chin in less than a week! I think if you have oily skin or problematic skin and have tried everything else like me, give this a go! It really did play a huge part in saving my skin and I will repurchase as long as Lush keeps selling it!!!!!

on 1/3/2017 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is actually a really good product, but not if you have sensitive skin. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. This product really made my skin so so smooth and gave it such a beautiful glow. I loved it. This is why it achieved a 4 rating from me. HOWEVER, because my skin is so sensitive it made me break out. I noticed it a few days after use. But this is just because my skin is sensitive. If your skin isn't sensitive I don't think you will have this problem. The product is definitely rough, but that's because it's exfoliating. But that's why it's not good for me, it's just too rough and I've come to learn that exfoliating scrubs make me break out and I need to stick to non-scrubs like toners. If you purchase this I wouldn't suggest using it daily, maybe weekly or two times a week.

on 12/26/2016 4:21:00 PM

Overall this product was okay🙂
I bought it at a time I was struggling badly with my skin in the hope that it would help.
Unfortunately, with my acne it didn't. I'm not sure whether coalface or fresh pharmacy are different (because they are more like actual cleansing soaps whereas this was more of a scrub) and i intend on trying them however they were out of stock at the time. It's great as an exfoliation scrub and to me the smell is quite pleasant however very messy!
I like using this now my skin is clearer (I went to my GP- which I highly recommend! I was prescribed 'epiduo' which I am yet to write a review on)
And it makes it baby soft, overall a good product but not for acne💖
Side note: I used this product 1/2 times a day over a month period😆