LUSH Dark Angels

LUSH Dark Angels
LUSH Dark AngelsDark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 4/20/2017 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great product for what it is - a facial treatment/scrub for 2-3 times a week - and what it costs - 10 euros for the big jar that will last you for about 6 months at least, since it's in dry form and won't spoil so quickly.

What it is not: a daily - or twice daily - face wash.

I have combination skin with seborrheic dermatitis on my oily T-zone with big pores and hormonal acne on the cheeks. This takes care of it all. I used it every second day for about a month and it cleared up most of those white acne-y bumps that don't produce a white head that could be squeezed, but just stay in your skin until pierced and removed by a professional? I don't know what they're called, but this cleared them up. Now I just use it every second day during my PMS breakouts or as a mask after shower if my face is feeling exceptionally greasy and clogged up.

This is great for clogged pores, whiteheads, and drastically improving the overall skin texture, getting rid of various bumps etc. It also improves that red, gaping-pores look my T-zone gets when I'm breaking out and my skin's oil production is through the roof. It doesn't irritate my dermatitis and both degreases and conditions my skin; my dry cheeks aren't any worse off with this than the oily parts of my face.

Now, yes, this makes a mess in the sink, but it's a good product, so as long as you wipe your sink down while the grey splash marks are still wet, it'll be fine. Yes, it does leave a black residue on your skin; that's the coal sticking to grease/dirt in your pores. I've solved this problem by using the scrub in the evening, following with an acid toner, moisturising serum, and the rest of my skincare, and washing my face with a light milky cleanser in the morning. I'm convinced the residue actually keeps on working on drawing filth from your pores if you don't try to get it off your face immediately after use. And yes, if you have dry skin, this isn't for you; and if you have big red inflamed painful acne, this is probably also too rough for you. I'm not so sure it's not for sensitive skins; my skin is pretty sensitive and I'm fine using this, but still: it's an intense scrub. Be gentle with it, don't rub your face too hard, don't use it every day, and make sure you follow with appropriate moisturising treatments; the scrub doesn't dry out your face, but it is an aggressive de-greasing treatment, so your skin needs some calming down. And NO, this isn't for taking off your eye makeup, are you serious?

All in all: damn good product. One of Lush's finest. If you have lots of cash to spend on skincare, then don't bother with this; it's not exceptional, you can probably find something with better effect and less downsides that's more expensive, but for this price point, it's a total steal. I'm almost through my first jar and I'm definitely buying a fresh one. I can't imagine my skincare without this on hand for breakout control.

on 4/3/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was very surprised by this product! I had no expectations. But this is probably the best scrub cleanser I've ever used! It is awkward because it is a solid and you have to dissolve a chuck of it in a bit of water, but a little goes a long way. But it leaves my skin feeling sooo clean it GLOWS after I use this! I've been using for months and my skin has overall improved significantly, and I think using this between microdermabrasion treatments has made all the difference.It smells beautiful, too, reminds me of sweet licorice tea.

Pros:
Deep clean
Gentle, no irritation
Leaves skin GLOWING and soft
Smells amazing
Grainy but not abrasive
A little goes a long way

Cons:
Awkward to use and very messy, should be used in the shower
Has to be rinsed off again in front of a mirror otherwise might leave black marks behind

This is not something I could use every night, even for my oily skin it would be too stripping over time. But I use it once or twice per week to maintain that gorgeous glow. Will buy again.

on 3/25/2017 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This product did not work for my acne. It is very difficult to remove and leaves a big mess, plus residue on your face. Even when taking it off in the shower!!

However it does look pretty cool, smell nice, and make your skin soft. I am still disappointed tho.

on 3/22/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Feels sooo good, but hurts really bad afterwards! :(
I have dry and sensitive skin, and IN THE SHOWER, this scrubs feels good, but afterwards, when you've dried your skin, the pain begins..Not recommended for dry or sensitive skin.. (I used it on the body, and I would NEVER try it on my face! it would fall of from the harsh scrubbing!)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Has helped so much with my acne scars!

Over all I enjoy this product as a facial cleanser/exfoliator. However, I found that if I used the product too often that I continue to have minor break outs (Which is normal for my skin, not because of the product itself) and my skin becomes sensitive. I believe this is due to the fact that the product is pretty grainy(exfoliates) which shouldn't be done as often as twice a day, which is how I was using the product at first. When I cut it down to only once a day/ every other day, it seemed to work much better for me. It does a very good job at absorbing oil on my face. I will sometimes leave it on in the shower as a mask, mixed with the steam of the shower, it really feels nice! I mostly only use this product on my nose and chin, which is where I get the most oily/have blackheads. I also use it to remove my makeup on my eyes, which seems to really work! It is a little bit messy due to the black color, but over all it is worth it! The smaller size lasts me a long time, and the price isn't too bad either.

I am using Dark Angels to lighten my acne scar dark marks on my cheeks leftover from hormonal acne breakouts I had in the past. It seems to be working. My acne scars are fading. I use this scrub in the shower because it is very messy and it's easier to rinse it off thoroughly in the shower than in the sink. It brightens your complexion and leaves your skin very soft and beautiful. Sometimes it gets in places you don't want it (ears, nostrils) and that is one of the only downsides of this. It is messy to use. I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin because it's too harsh. I sometimes feel it's a little harsh for my skin but it's so effective in its exfoliating powers that I can't remove it from my skin care routine. I just use it a couple times a week. I think using is daily is a bit much. It's powerful stuff. And I like that LUSH's products are mostly natural and made from fresh ingredients.

on 2/26/2017 2:49:00 PM

I love it. It is pitchblack and looks amazing on the skin. It cleans thoroughly and it hasn't giving me any breakouts. My skin feels so clean afterwards. Would recommend it to anyone without a really sensitive skin because the scrub particles are intense. I use this right before the mask of magnaminty and they go great together. Would definitely repurchase.

on 2/26/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Too harsh for my oily sensitive skin and doesn't get rid of my acne, just makes it worse. Will not repurchase.

I got this product because I have acne-probe skin and i've heard good reviews about it. I've been using it for 2 months now and I have mixed feelings about it. PRO'S: controls oil, exfoliates gently and without drying the skin out, looks cool, cleans the skin and reduces acne. CON'S: It makes a mess and it leaves resedue. You can get rid of the resedue simply by using a tonic on a cotton pad and wiping it over your face but it's very annoying. OVERALL OPINION: You get a good amount of product for the price so I wouldn't say it's expensive because you also don't need a lot to clean your face. I wouldn't repurchase this product again because I find the resedue very annoying.