LUSH Dark Angels

LUSH Dark Angels
LUSH Dark AngelsDark AngelsDark Angels

3.9

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 3/17/2018 1:44:00 AM

At first when I started using Dark Angels, I was completely obsessed. The change in my skin was quite dramatic. Many of the flesh colored bumps that have been hanging out like unwanted bums began to vanish. Many of the acne scars and texture issues that I’ve accumulated over the years seemed to begin to balance.

This was short lived, and I’m pissed. I was using this cleanser twice a day to no irritation, but after two months, it just left my skin feeling dull. It went from drastic change, to no change seemingly over night; and I’m beginning to realize that that’s the outcome that I see with many Lush products.

Also, the cleanser began leaving a black dust on my sink, my bathtub, stained my towels, and after walking around with what looked like a five o’ clock shadow, I realized it was beginning to stain my skin as well. After frequent use it begins to seep into your pores....and stay there....for the rest of your life, if you don’t use an additional cleanser.

I took this out of my rotation for a while while the weather is still cold, and making me hate everything. I’m thinking this will be a better option when it’s hot, balmy, and like the seventh circle of hell outside. We shall see!

I’m very disappointed in this product. First off, the smell is very odd. Not a bad smell per sei, but definitely not a good smell. The product gets everywhere, so I only can use it in the shower. It leaves the dark residue everyone is talking about, which is obnoxious. I don’t notice any change in my skin whatsoever.

on 12/25/2017 11:50:00 AM

I finished using this product, and I have mixed feelings about it.
I really loved how clean and soft my skin was after washing it with Dark angels. BUT what really was annoying that it left dark patches all over my skin, so I had to have additional cleanser to wash it off. Which was really a downside, will now repurchase because of it.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Feels amazing and it’s like therapy for your skin! Yes, it leaves a grey/black residue on your face but try either rinsing your face with a light lather of a soapy cleanser or spritz some toner on your dry skin after cleansing and wipe down with cotton wool. It may seem as “extra work” in having to remove the grey/back excess residue but due to the awesome results from this product, I have found it a small “extra something” to add into your routine and you don’t even notice that extra step to be honest - fantastic product! My skin loves it. Shrinks pores also!

on 11/28/2017 1:30:00 PM

Ran out of angels on bareskin so decided to try this. I have oily skin on my t zone and normal cheeks. This is a great cleanser although messy in the bathroom but its great smelling for me and it does clean well and keep me from getting as oily as before. I use this in the morning because i wake up very greasy. Will update if anything changes but right now its very good cleanser non drying but keep me from feeling greasy and also nice little exfoliation like sand feeling

Edit- began to be too drying and makes me feel a little tight. This would be good for maybe twice a week cleanser but if on a budget i rather do a mask and stick with buche de noel or angels on bareskin when they restock. They are having a problem with ingredients so angels on bareskin has been out of stock for the last month...but buche de noel is just as good if not better.

on 9/16/2017 3:58:00 AM

I only used this once last night so this review is a first impression, I might update this in a few weeks if my feelings change on the product. I usually have dry/sensitive skin but lately its been more oily around my T zone and forehead and ive been getting breakouts now for awhile which is unusual for me although my skin is still quite sensitive and dry around my cheeks.

Product review --
This really gave my skin a good hard scrub which it needed without being abrasive or causing any irritation or redness. I noticed as soon as I washed it off my pores were much clearer and my skin was squeaky clean. I steam my face at home trying to clear blackheads from pores and ive used different scrubs and masks but nothing has worked as well as this. My skin was also soft after using it, it didnt dry me out which most face scrubs do. Theres also a lot of product in the tub and only a small bit is needed.
For under a tenner I think this is definitely worth it and I will buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Always come back to this product. Life saver

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I have am on my 4th tub and have came to the conclusion that you get a different result for each batch of dark angels. This is handmade so I will accept that.

The current tub that I am using washes off very easily. I do not leave it on for a long time. I rinse it off the moment i am done rubbing my face with this. My experience with the previous tub wasn't that great. It left black patches on my face and I needed to use my other facial cleanser to do a quick rinse to get rid of the black patches. Therefore i would recommend using this only at night. I had no issues with faint black patches on my skin at night. It didn't cause any irritation.

I have noted different intensity of the scents of all 4 tubs. Also, my current tub has very obvious chunks of black sugar grains.

Despite the inconsistency in the scent and quality of the product, its performance remained the same in keeping my oily skin in check across all 4 tubs.

on 7/24/2017 12:12:00 AM

before using this product I was using Cetaphil's cleansing bar which sadly left my pores clogged. I had pretty bad acne after a while and at first, I tried LUSH's herbalism which didn't help much. it wasn't working for me and I wanted more of a deep cleansing exfoliant to clean my skin. someone working there at LUSH told me to try dark angels and I have been using it for almost 2 years now. it cleared up my skin so well and was perfect for my oily/acne prone skin. I have the occasional breakout here and there, and I will admit this doesn't really help prevent my PMS breakouts very much, but other than that it's amazing. it is a little drying, to be honest, so I think this is better for oily skin peeps out there. if used every day it could last you up to a month and a half almost. This product really helped reduce and clear my acne and this is definitely something to invest in.

on 7/22/2017 10:28:00 AM

Pros - Leaves skin squicky clean and feeling fresh - Leaves skin smooth - Reduce blackheads - Good facial scrub - All natural and eco-friendly Cons - Painful to use at first esp if you're not used to facial scrub - Leaves black/grey residue - Not ideal for sensitive skin since it might give your skin redness after use because of the scrub - A bit messy to use for beginners - Has muddy smell