L.A. COLORS Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this in Beige, and it's a really pretty, sparkly nude beige. It would probably be good as a highlighter. It's soft and smooth. Only cons are that the packaging is a little flimsy with the opening and closing of it, and it's packed a little loosely. But the pigmentation is very good. Since I dropped it and it cracked, I think I'll get another one, and get Gold and White.
Edit: The packaging is even worse then I thought it was! I dropped it on the floor and it broke terribly. I had to use alcohol to press it back in. The container doesn't even close all the way. Well, at least the eyeshadow itself is good.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

for a dollar it good stuff it lasts all day too. it helps when i want to do a smoky eye look. but to be honest im not a eye shadow girl so iv never spent very much on any eye shadow.

on 8/24/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Comparable to higher end brands. very surprised by this as i haven`t used drug store brands or lower end brands in years. Love the color selections. beautiful co-ordinating shades. First time i tried them but very impressed so far. will update if anything changes.

on 7/13/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't think it's ultra pigmented. I just have purple and white. If I saw the black, I'd get it, but it wasn't there. For one dollar, the purple can be a nice lilac, or lavender if sheered out, or a good, strong purple if wet.

The white is too ghostly however. I can't really use it for anything. Too chalky.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

FIND IT AT: Dollar Tree

Jí ADORE
1. COLORS: White, Teal, Black, Beige, Purple. I have Black, Teal, and Beige. I would probably only repurchase Beige. These colors are nice to play around with but not my go to e/s except for beige. I find they are all really soft hence the mineral e/s but has good pigmentation. I do find however that blending the colors out they donít hold true to their color and can look sheer.

A. Beige is soft neutral color. I use it as an all-over lid color.
B. Teal is a soft smooth teal color. Itís not a dark teal nor sheer just somewhere in the middle
C. Black is also very soft and smooth. Very light sparkles. Itís not a true dark black like M.A.Cís carbon. But it is good for experimentation and good to use as a crease color in conjunction with another e/s thatís not mineral.

2. CHEAP: One dollar gives you a fairly good pigmented color.

These are a discontinued product since even the LA Colors website doesnít sell them anymore; they now sell mineral e/s duos. I would suggest picking up a few backups if you really canít live without these shadows.

Got this in black. Doesn't look completely black with plastic on but once swatched is highly pigmented and very black. Also has little hints of shimmer. Only 1$

on 4/21/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Our Dollar Tree has these in about 10 shades for of course $1 each. They are individual large containers of color. I cannot remember seeing a larger amount of shadow offered for any price. It is probably a 2x2" square of color. I love the pink, both blues, a light & very dark one, the purple is amazing, so is the dark greenish/blue, & the white is great too. Shucks all of them are awesome actually. There is a gold, silver, bronze, black, beige, & black too. I got them all but the silver & bronze so far. I have used only 3 or 4 of them so far. The shadows are smooth & have great lasting power. I applied in the morning for work & they still looked great by that evening. No creasing, etc. There is shimmer to all that I have used so far. Not over the top, but it is there. I wish these were offered in a palette version just because it would be easier to keep them all together. I am sure the size of the shadows would be smaller, but that would be ok to me. I am never going to use up all the shadow in these little containers! There is no smell that I can tell either. I am liking these very much for the quality, colors, and staying power. I never knew that L.A. Colors had such great products. Their website does not seem to have the products I have found at the Dollar Tree which makes me wonder if these items are actually discontinued. I have been told however, that L.A. Colors is one brand that is special to Dollar Tree. I have not found them in any of the d/s so perhaps this is so. I still wonder why the L.A. Color website does not have some of the items I find in that store. At any rate, the items I have found are really good products and I cannot see any expired dates on them. I am pleased with the price and quality.