Vaseline Lip Therapy Advanced Formula

Vaseline Lip Therapy Advanced Formula

4.1

Active Ingredients: White Petrolatum USP (100%) (Purpose: Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Flavor 1/21/10

on 11/12/2016 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wear lip balm like crazy. I probably don't even need it as much as I wear it but I love soft smooth lips. I wear it more than any other cosmetic product and that's why it has to consist of ingredients that I know aren't causing any harm internally. I was out for the day & without my fave natural balms so I had to pick some of this up at a local drugstore & right away, it was a no for me. It was just that feeling of licking up chemicals, the taste was too much for me so I had to toss it. I'll stick to the natural stuff in the lip balm dept.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Disappointed in this. I was looking to go old-school with lip 'therapy' and this was a fail product for me. Felt very greasy on the lips (I know Vaseline is greasy feeling, but this just seemed to have more slipperiness to it and was gross feeling). My lips actually felt dry after using this, and they were in decent condition when I began using this (used this on a few days when I did not wear any other lip products). I like the tube, it is convenient and easy to use, but this just oddly dried my lips and felt gross while wearing it. If I want Vaseline on my lips, I will literally go 'old school' and use the big tub of Vaseline, for me the old school giant tub works far better than this product. This also had a weird chemical smell. I did not bother to check the ingredients, but I did wonder what the chemical smell was and why something like that was apparently in this product, and I wonder if that was why my lips dried out from this. No matter. This ended up getting tossed into the garbage. Bummer because it was easy and convenient to apply from the tube. Oh well.

on 6/16/2015 4:15:00 PM

i use this about every 2 days, i exfoliate my lips before bed and then i put this on. I wake up with the soft lips, ready for some lipstick.

I also like this in the cold winter months (i'm in Chicago) for extra protection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's very moisturizing and by far the best lip balm for me. I just wish that it has the stick version so I dont have to apply with my fingers.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not a big fan of this stuff. you have to use a lot of product for it to really mosturize. it stinks, tastes bad, and actually dries my lips.

on 8/30/2015 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

- It healed my bleeding chapped lips like no other.
- It works great as an eye/lip makeup remover

All in all, it's cheap and it works. Have used it for years. I don't believe in the whole controversy about petrolateum so this is HG for me.

on 2/28/2015 7:36:00 PM

These are $.97 at Target. Score. I buy about three every time I go -- not because I use them up quickly, but because my dog obviously must have chapped lips because she steals them constantly. (Don't worry, I catch her so she doesn't ingest them)

They are moisturizing and don't burn. I like the applicator so I don't have to stick my finger in a petri dish of goo. Two thumbs up. (And two paws up)

on 11/2/2014 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i know they refer this as the advanced formula but i much prefer the cherry one, i find that more moisturizing. not going to repurchase this.

on 12/9/2014 11:09:00 PM

this is by far the only product that can moisturize my lips in winter time. great job. however it can appear to look oily after applying.

on 5/23/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This feels really gentle. It's comparable to dabbing water on the lips. Vaseline is a good company when it comes to moisture, and it smells much better than Chapsticks. Haha