Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

on 3/2/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''less is more'' indeed.
Bitter orange combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
I finder its bittersweet quality very awakening and refreshing, most fragrances out there seem to be too sweet (including the original Miss Dior Cherie)
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!
My only complain is that it doesn't last long...

Update: Unfortunately Dior is discontinuing this one, at least in Europe,... It's replaced by ''Miss Dior Cherie Eau Fraiche'' according to the official website. They have similar structure but different notes. The new one contains bergamot, gardenia and patchouli instead of orange, gardenia and musk.
Today I bought an 100ml bottle as a backup.
Thank you Dior for taking my favorite summer fragrance away after only three years in the market! Such a shame!

Second update: I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by Franois Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Frache is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrucy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light pink/peach instead of green.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is lovely! But I was expecting more. Dont get me wrong, I like it. But when I got a sample I fell totally in love with it, so a soon as I could I bought the big bottle. And, well, its still great but I guess I love the opening and not so much the drydown. I find it citrus (orange) and fresh, femenine but not too girly. Its sweet but I guess its not as sexy or as femenine or as complicated as I like them. On the other hand, a litlle goes a long way because the staying power is quite good. I use 6 spritz and usually it lasts the whole day (I have 8 am to 1 am days). I also love the cute bottle with the bow. I guess I love the bottle more than I love the scent. I wouldnt repurchase because Im always searching for new fragances but I recommend it for the summer :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

it's really not my usual type of fragrance but i wanted something light for the summer and i actually love wearing this one. Citrucy but not sharp cleaning-product-like but fresh and nice with a bit of warmer undertones. The staying-power though, not so good. BTW, i hate miss dior cherie, it's awful and this one is nothing like it.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I fell in love with the eau de parfum when it was first launched, it is rare that I find a fragrance I truly like and wear on several occassions. This has been one of them. I switched to the lighter version (better for warmer days). Also good for the migraine sufferer. It smells just a tiny bit fresher and lacks the sweetness of the edp, but I do get on with this one. Going to get a bigger bottle.

Popular Fragrances