CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

3.2

This was an impulse purchase at a duty free shop on the way home from an impulsive trip to Japan. Maybe the scent reminds me of throwing caution to the wind and the summer of being 26. The scent reminds me of late, green, summer nights spent with friends and finding new independence. It is my go-to scent for warmer months and is easily one of my most favorite. My bottle is on its last drop. Truly the only fragrance I have completed in my adult life, one that has reappeared summer after summer. Will I repurchase? Absolutely.

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

on 5/20/2011 3:24:00 AM

I love Eau Verte. It is uplifting, positive and the perfect choice for warm spring and summer days.
The original Cristalle is wonderful, too and I love fresh, sharp and green citrus fragrances. Here we also have magnolia (fully in bloom).
The Eau de Toilette "concentree" lasts many hours on me which is rather unusual on my skin (citrus notes tend to fade within 1-3h on me), Eau Verte is longlasting.

Great flanker and worth a try if you are into fresh, green and classic scents.

on 2/23/2010 11:58:00 PM

It's a bit difficult to explain, but I'll give it a shot. Normally, I like, love, dislike, or hate a perfume. This one...I can't pin it down.

Per the package insert: Magnolia notes are rendered transparent with fresh citrus and neroli accents.

I got an initial blast of lemonheads, and immediately started looking for it online! About 15 minutes in, an almost cilantro-ish herbal followed by a whisper of magnolia/soft lemon took over. Not powdery at all, just very clear and green. I don't dislike it, but--you ever have to stay the night at someone's house unexpectedly? It felt like I'd used someone else's shampoo, soap, conditioner, and lotion. Kind of like I've borowed someone else's skin, maybe? I think magnolia, though I love the scent of the flower, just isn't me when it comes to perfume. Lasting power was about 4 hours.

on 1/22/2010 3:24:00 AM

Unfortunately this is not for my taste. I enjoy fresh perfume smells but this one has a bit too much green and citrus in it for me. I am sure many women enjoy it but my nose isn't happy with this one. Lasting power is great though!

on 9/22/2009 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

When I first tried it, I hated it. The top note is such disgustingly sweet lemon scent. It felt as id I’d rubbed lemon all over me. Luckily, after an hour, the lemony scent has passed and the drydown (warm, slightly oriental) is much more pleasant. As with all Chanel fragrances, it has very long staying power. I wouldn’t repurchase simply because I cannot stand the top notes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.

on 6/6/2009 3:32:00 PM

I don't care for it. Strong lemon & bergamot, quite plain, lacks originality.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Contrary to the review below, I have got a bottle of Cristalle Au Verte in 100ml EDT Concentree. I am a follower of the original Cristalle and was really excited to see an undated version of this classic scent.

I must say that C.a.V smells more tangy and high on the nose initially due to the lemon and bergamot top notes. Very different from Cristalle that is a citrus fresh with a fruity sweetness to this.

As this dries down, I catch the whiff of magnolia which i do not really fancy. But the base smells of a nice Iris which is a bit musky and after smelling this when on my skin for about 3 hours now it has the feminine touch of jasmine.

As this is an EDT still, the lasting powers is about 6 hours tops. I will love to occasionally change to C.a.V but mostly will still stay with the original edition nonetheless.