4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had high hopes for this product. I thought it was a great idea to have a trimmer & razor combined, but after 13 or so uses of the trimmer it quit on me. I've replaced it with several fresh batteries just to make sure it wasn't the batteries that had defects. It's the trimmer itself that's the problem. Now I'm stuck with just a shaver. It's not even that great. I'll throw it out when I run out of the replacement shavers. What a waste of money. Buyer beware!

Update... I bought another one and it stopped working after 3 uses. The razor on this does not work very well for the bikini line and gets dull after 2 uses tops. The refills are also very expensive. The trimmer is an awesome idea and the reason I purchased this in the first place but the levels are hard to move to because the cap is tough. After using the trimmer maybe 10 times it no longer works. I had already replaced batteries in it once but now it just won't work so I'm stuck with crummy razors to use up and need to go out and get a new trimmer.

on 4/28/2013 10:45:00 AM

The razor is great - gives a nice close shave. Loved the suction cup holder for the shower wall. I found the trimmer to be mostly worthless though, and ended switching to a less bulky version of the 4-blade shaver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had two of these things and both have broken on me after about 6 months. They are good while they work but I'm going back to a normal hair trimmer and a Venus Razor. The blades are also not as good as the Venus ones, I don't get a close enough shave. But I do say get the mens replacement blades because you get 4 for the same price as 3 of the womens ones.

on 4/17/2011 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a fabulous concept, poorly executed--presumably to keep it cheap. If you are used to using a plug-in dry trimmer + conventional razor for overall right-setting and maintenance, this may not be a direct routine replacement. For me, this is very minimal maintenance, only. Daily touch-ups, if you will. If your, erm, situation, gets a bit behind in upkeep, this will not, alone, get you back to perfect grooming. The trimmer is all but useless with the guide-comb, and rather than cutting cleanly it seems to annoy the hair off, occasionally resulting in unpleasant (though by no means dire) pulling. The razor is just a regular Schick Quattro, which I've always disdained, because the shave it gives is exceedingly comfortable . . . but only because it's nowhere near close. I'll keep it because it is handy for minimal touch-ups, and I like having a dedicated bikini razor on hand, but I'd not buy another. It may be slightly less convenient, but I find that a good dry trimmer is much more effective.

on 7/17/2009 10:33:00 PM

After reading some reviews on here, I decided to give this a try. While I'm not impressed, I'm not completely disappointed either. I really just wanted to see how the electric end would do with trimming along the bikini area for those stray hairs that get missed during shaving. The razor end works like any other razor I've ever used, I think I may have gotten a bad razor though, it had some sort of defect in the moisturizer strip, not sure if that had anything to do with it. The electric razor end was pretty much useless for me. I tried it without the little length adjuster thing and still didnt manage to trim one stray hair with it. Not to mention it is super loud!! I dont sport a fur bikini so I guess maybe I should just stick to a good old razor lol

on 6/11/2009 10:32:00 AM

Alright, I have to admit, when I first bought this, I was thrilled. I had used my husbands facial trimmer for years (gross right) and I was excited to have my own that could stay in the shower. I did notice that the shave was not as close as I wanted it to be, so I read the reviews on here and found that you could take off the attachment.

BAD IDEA!
I gave myself a very very close shave...all over down there...and gave myself the worst burn of my life. That "area" was red, inflamed, and incredibly painful for over a week, and had to go to the gyno because it developed into an infection...even though there was no actual cuts. Girls, it was NASTY and horrible. There are no words to describe it. SO...if you take off the attachment, just becareful. Needless to say, I am very scared and hesitant when I use this now...and I don't do nearly as much as what I do with the husband's facial trimmer. Ha.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got the newest version of this trimmer at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. It's called the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle that claims to be 100% waterproof. I had the older version of this in pink, and unfortunately, I did not have the best experience with that model since it came with a dull, rusty trimmer end that got caught on my delicate skin. So, I left that trimmer/razor combo alone, and didn't touch it since 2013. However, this little model, I am pleased to report, is a big improvement. The trimmer and razor combo are great for shaving and taming your bikini line. I especially like the little nob on the razor end of the handle that ensures your trimmer/razor remains in optimal hygienic position while it's being stored in the shower. I would certainly recommend this product!

It's a really nice idea, and it's ok but I'm not hooked on it. I mainly bought it for the trimmer end, however it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Although I could live with the loud buzzing noise, the trimmer itself just didn't trim as close as I would have liked. I really liked the razor end, it gave a very smooth shave without irritation. However for the price I could of paid if it hadn't been on offer, plus the price it costs to buy replacement blades for the razor, I would rather stick to two separate disposable razors.

EDIT: I used it again and this time I found the trimmer to be actually rather good. It's great for quickly trimming your bikini area. Plus, it doesn't cost a lot to buy replacement blades that last for ages. I wouldn't use it with the guard on though as I find that part to be pretty useless. Other than that, I've now decided it's worthy of a 5..

on 7/8/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product only for the trimmer, I didn't continue to use the razor after it dulled. The trimmer is a really handy tool for keeping everything neat and short down there. I used to use scissors to trim, but could never do a neat job.
There is a plastic guard at the end of the trimmer that can be adjusted to allow for different lengths of trimmed hair. I use the shortest length if I want to wax, or take the guard of completely if I'm just going to shave or leave things natural. It's easy to use and small enough to maneuver around delicate parts.
The only reason I rated it as a 4 was that it mysteriously died after about 6 months of use. Though, it could be possible I accidentally exposed the inside to water. I will be buying a new one soon.

Top Rated Hair Removal