TiGi Dirty Secret Rockaholic Dry Shampoo

TiGi Dirty Secret Rockaholic Dry Shampoo

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my fave dry shampoo! I love its lemony fresh smell & the clay absorbs excess oil. I use it nearly every day except wash day. Spray it into my roots for volume. #winning

on 11/15/2016 5:59:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite dry shampoo! I have fine, limp, flat blonde hair that gets weighed down very quickly and gets oily quick. This works best for me if I use it before my hair gets oily. I would wash my hair one night and use this the next night instead of shampooing it, and then I might touch up in the morning. This keeps my hair feeling and smelling fresh, and gives it a little volume too.

on 9/9/2015 7:23:00 AM

I love the convenience of dry shampoos and picked this up at a local salon. Firstly, this was $22.00, a very high price for a dry shampoo. I thought that it had better be phenomenal if I was paying so much! Sadly though, this was average. It left my roots covered in powder, much more so than other dry shampoos I have tried. It also left my hair feeling dirty and was hard to run my fingers through my hair as it made my ends tangled.

I used up the whole bottle but will not repurchase. I have found a couple of great dry shampoos that do not leave my hair feeling so dirty, and look less powdery.

on 9/26/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

After passing on this bc it smelled too lemony I decided to get a sample size. Though I'm not a fan of the residue, I have to say it has lasting power with a scent that doesn't disturb. Yeah my Dirty Secret is ok to share with my fellow product junkies.

on 9/18/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Favorite dry shampoo I've found so far. It's a bit pricey for me, but I was able to find a travel size just to try and then maybe purchase the full-size if I liked it. It doesn't leave a white residue unless you put too much in one area. The scent is very light and I only noticed it after I'd been using it a while, but it fades quickly. The best part about this dry shampoo is that you don't actually FEEL it in your hair once it's in, it just feels dry and clean again, no chalky/gunky residue.

This was the first dry shampoo I ever purchased. It was on sale for half price, and I figured since it's a high end brand it would be more likely to work.

First off, I don't love the scent. It's an odd citrus/chemical smell that's a little off-putting to be honest. I prefer a more fresh and clean scent. However, once it's on your hair it's not too bad, so no major points deducted for that.

The sprayer was a little weird for me. It sprays in a straight stream, so it's easy to get the stuff too concentrated in one spot. I thought maybe the sprayer was clogged so I cleaned it, but it didn't fix anything. This makes application pretty difficult. I end up with white patches in my hair that won't really brush out, and other parts of my hair will still be oily.

That brings me to my next gripe....you have to apply SO MUCH of this stuff for it to work. I used a full can in a matter of about 6 months, and that's using it maybe once a week. Do the math...if I were to use this every 2 or 3 days, it would have been gone in a jiff. For the price I feel like it should last much longer.

At first, this stuff gives my hair a lot of body, and (after applying a ton of it) it eliminates the oil. However, after about 2 hours I notice that my hair looks limp, weighed down, and dirty once again! I was very disappointed.

I snagged some Batiste dry shampoo a couple months ago, and I'm so glad I did. Compared to the Bed Head stuff, Batiste rocked my socks. The sprayer was better, the oil control was better, it smelled better, it gave my hair a ridiculous amount of body, and there was no build up or residue. I definitely recommend Batiste.

I gave it 3 lippies because technically this stuff works. If I ever find it super cheap again, I might repurchase. But there's better stuff out there for a fraction of the price.

on 8/11/2015 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Holy. Grail. Hair product!

I've used this on and off for about 4 years now and I keep coming back to it. I've tried almost every drugstore kind and thought they were alright, mostly, until I tried this the first time.

I have pretty average, straight hair. It does get oily at my roots a little fast, but usually takes about 36 hours after a shampoo unless it's really hot and humid. It can get dry on the ends, though, because I color my hair somewhat regularly. (Because of that, I tend to wash my hair about 3 times a week usually, to prolong my color.)

I've used this with black hair, brown hair, red hair, blonde hair, blue hair, pink hair, and a mix of several colors and it worked fantastic on all of them. No white residue like I got from a lot of drugstore dry shampoos. It does FEEL like I have something in my hair, but it's kind of like how a really light touch of hairspray might feel. It isn't stiff or anything, it just feels like there's some kind of product on my hair, if that makes sense. The only time I noticed whiteness was one time when my hair was freshly dyed black and I forgot to brush it after I sprayed this in. After I brushed it, it totally disappeared, though.

This stuff is almost $20(USD), but one can normally lasts me about a year because I don't use it all the time, maybe about 4-6 times a month. I can use this to put off washing my hair for at least another day, sometimes two (from one use) which is crazy. With drugstore dry shampoos, IF they helped with oil at all, I was lucky to get a few hours of help out of them before my hair looked even greasier than before. I was also going through 2-3 cans of drugstore dry shampoos each month, which left me spending more money than I would have if I'd just gone ahead and bought more of this.

It doesn't really add much volume to my hair, but it's definitely better than my hair with no products because my hair is really fine with no natural volume. I kind of wish it did better with volume, but otherwise I absolutely love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I did not like this product in the slightest. It left a white residue in my hair and no matter how much I combed it or tried to "blend" it out for a lack of better words, it would not budge! It made my hair feel very stiff where applied like a bad hairspray. The scent wasn't that pleasant but it wasn't terrible either. Overall, it did nothing for my hair and for the price was just awful. I don't know who would purchase or recommend this because it is just that horrible of a product. Not impressed.

It is the first dry shampoo I've ever bought so I have nothing to compare it to, however I must say that I am quite sure I will re-purchase it once I run out of it. The result are quite visible on my hair, it smells ok and price is ok for me as I do not regret purchasing rather expensive hair care products as over the years Ive realized it makes quite a difference especially because I dye my hair and straighten it every day.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the first dry shampoo I've ever used so to be honest I don't have much to compare it to. Still, I was really surprised when I came on here and read the reviews. On the website of the store I bought this from there are about 150 reviews and most of them are four or five stars.

TiGi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry shampoo caught my eye when I went to Ulta to pick up my HG shampoo & conditioner (also by TiGi) and they were having a buy two get one free sale. The price of this dry shampoo is around twenty dollars which is way more than I would normally spend on a product the likes of this (I'd probably aim for a more affordably priced dry shampoo like Batiste.) However, I figured might as well go for it since I'd be getting it free. And since my shampoo and conditioner is outrageously priced I might as well save where I can if I can get away with using a dry shampoo for a day in between washes.

The scent of this to me can only be described as fruity. Others have described it as lemony smelling... I don't get that or any kind of citrus at all. The smell is nice when being sprayed on but doesn't linger in the hair. As for a white cast... I used quite a good amount of this and have dark brown hair and I don't see any white at all. I was sure to work this product through well so maybe that's the trick. Not sure. Also I noticed a bit of added volume, which is a plus. And most importantly, any oiliness in my hair was instantly erased and replaced by clean and healthy looking shine.

I really enjoy this dry shampoo but will not repurchase when I run out for two reasons:
1) the price point is just too high and I'm sure I can find something comparable at a more budget-friendly cost and
2) I recently learned that TiGi was bought out by Unilever in 2009 which means that while they used to not test on animals, they do now (yeah I know I've been living under a rock to just be finding this out six years later.)