Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Silica, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol

on 8/14/2011 2:51:00 PM

Great scent and nice colour. However, I find this gloss very drying and a bit irritating to my lips. Not one to repurchase.

on 7/2/2011 12:56:00 AM

I like this lip gloss. It feels natural and slick, not sticky. It tastes good and the color is subtle, a nice natural looking pink. It definitely has a fair bit of shine and moisture. The only drawbacks are that it isn't long lasting (but what gloss is?) and sometimes it has little...crumbs or something in it? I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes some little dry pieces of the formula come out with the gloss, which is kind of unappealing.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this gloss! It's more of a balmy gloss really..very nourishing for the lips. It has a lovely, citrus scent and taste to it..but it's barely noticeable really. I love the all natural ingredients that you can always count on with Burt's Bees products...I like to wear this alone when I'm wanting a natural look..it adds a bit of shine and protects my lips from the elements when using the Balm with Pomegranate Oil as a base. Give it a shot if you love All Natural products with a natural finish! A great addition to my gloss collection. Non sticky and lovely!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

Picked this up on a whim at the drugstore. Like almost any impulse purchase, this one left me immediately regretting purchasing almost as soon as I'd tried it on.

Color:

The color was pretty in the tube; a light, pretty, and, well, sweet pink. However, maybe it's the fact that my lips are rather pigmented, but the color just did not show up on my lips. Maybe for all of two seconds I could see something, but then it settled into clear. If I wanted something clear, I would have stuck with my Alba Botanica Passion Fruit Nectar lip gloss.

Texture:

Eh, this was iffy as well. The tiny bits of shimmer, while not very noticeable to the eye, left my lips feeling very gritty. Not to mention that the gloss is quite hard to get out of the tube. While I'm not particularly fond of über-runny glosses, 'hard' (for lack of a better word) ones aren't great, either. This one sort of smooshes and smears onto lips, then sinks in immediately. Which, for a balm, that might not be too bad, but for a gloss...

Staying Power:

The staying power was zilch. While I admittedly have recently been wearing gloss much less frequently, those I do wear (even the runnier ones) don't migrate like this one did. It at first sat on my lips too thickly, them sunk in very quickly soon after. My lips became so dry that I actually had to put on balm over the gloss. Maybe since the first ingredient is castor oil (which I've read on here can be quite drying)? Not sure, but it was unpleasant.

Packaging:

Pretty unremarkable. Your standard slant-tip squeeze tube. The hole could be a bit bigger (due to the texture of the balm), but I'm not going to fight it. Have to say, I definitely prefer it over the doe-foot wand style, though.

Price:

Won't necessarily put a dent in your wallet at seven bucks a pop, but in my opinion, it's definitely not worth the price. I have a thing about returning cosmetics, especially used, so I'll count myself lucky that it's only seven dollars I'm out of. And, hey, at least that'll learn me not to impulse buy.

continued >>