Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Filtered by age: 44-55
 Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

3.5

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

on 8/21/2013 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up for $1 at my local Hispanic market after being turned on to Mexican mascara formulations by a client. I think it's a pretty great mascara - not prefect but pretty great, expecially for the price! The enormous brush is a pain, as it flips mascara out that then goes everywhere when you pull it out of the vial. It also tends to get mascara smudges on my lids while I am applying it. So I now wipe the brush down extremely well before I apply, and use another wand to separate the lashes. You can get a very beautiful, subtle result that way. You can also build up quite some impressive volume if that is what you are after.

It stays on very well without flaking. However, if you don't take it off before you go to bed it WILL smudge halfway down your cheek. And it's really hard to remove! I'm going to dig up a makeup remover and see if that helps.

I also bought this in brown, but was very disappointed. I was think it would be the usual brown/black color, but it was bright sienna! Looks very weird on me, but might work for someone who wanted to really play up green eyes without looking like they had mascara on? I have naturally dark lashes, so it just lightened them up. Not what I was looking for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Certainly not the worst mascara ever but not worth repurchasing. While it smells nice (yeah, like that matters for mascara) and has a decent brush, the formula is clumpy and its hard to remove.

on 12/2/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the Avocado and Mamey. First the good: Curls my eyelashes like nothing I've ever seen before (with the help of a eyelash curler). Holds the curl for quite awhile. Doesn't seem to clump much. Dirt cheap. The bad: Both formulas flake like crazy on me. After wearing it for about 3 hours, under my lower eyelashes I look like a raccoon. The Mamey does seem to do it less than the Avocado, but it's still very noticeable. I use it when I'm just going to be going somewhere for a couple of hours (like out to dinner) because for the first 3 hours it looks great. As the day wears on...not so much. Not sure if I will bother to repurchase.

on 9/24/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

[edited to add] Someone asked me about 'ease of removing' this mascara. Honestly, I've had no problems. I use extra virgin coconut oil to wash my face at night and this mascara comes off really nicely for me.

Another thing I notice is that I touch my lashes a lot because they feel so soft. It "looks" glossy and my lashes feel really soft. I'm always surprised that it hasn't smudged.

OMG .... another HG item found through MUAers!

Ordered through mxmascaralady on Ebay late Sunday night. Received 3 mascaras plus an extra mascara on Wednesday. $13 for 4 mascaras and free shipping????

But that's nothing compared to how incredible this mascara is. I tried it this morning and I've been looking at my lashes all day. I always wear Shiseido mascara base to hold a curl to my asian lashes. It works well, but nothing like my lashes today.

I've tried so many brands (have 8 open tubes right now) and while I love a few (Estee Lauder's TurboLash, Diorshow, L'oreal Bare Natural), this is the first mascara that makes me feel like my search for the perfect mascara is over.

I've never been able to find a mascara with ALL of these benefits. I am so shocked. I will buy $35 mascara, but fell in love with the $3 version. What the h*** do they put in it anyway? This is like crack for your lashes.

Pros:
* Shiny, dark lashes.
* Thick lashes, but not weird 1950's fake lashes looking.
* Keeps curl ... 14 hours and counting.
* Lashes are lengthened, but not spikey.
* Lashes are softer than I expected. Almost feels like there's wax on them, but no smudging on my lower lashes!
* $13 for 4 tubes!

Cons:
* Uh, none.