MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

I've been using this for years and am only on my second one - it lasts a while. I used to dab this on under my eyes but it's not at all good for that use. It creases easily on that area and it's not creamy enough to apply it without stretching the thing skin under the eyes. I instead now use it just to cover discolouration and pimples. I apply it with a flat concealer brush and then blend it out with a wet Beauty Blender. I usually do this on top of my liquid foundation and beneath my powder. It's a bit orange for me but none of the other colours is a better match so I put Bare Minerals powder concealer on top in a shade a little lighter and that seems to balance it out. It is not oil free and so I find myself blotting multiple times a day. Same kind of quality as Benefit Boi-ing but I actually prefer that.

on 5/26/2017 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. I've purchased it several times. I've gotten a few different shades but I right now I think NW10 (I think this is a newer shade introduced this year) seems to work best for my NC15ish skin. Because of the peachyness of the undertones, I prefer NW concealers to cancel out dark circles. Sometimes NCs can turn a bit greenish over a circle. Anyway, I gave this a 3 because while the coverage is wonderful, this creases like mad. At first when you apply it, this looks fantastic and gives excellent coverage. But 5 minutes lately....you have major creases under your eyes. I have found a way to set this so that it doesn't crease on me, but it's a lot of work so I don't wear it that often. I like to dampen a Beauty Blender with Fix +, and then use that to gently roll loose powder over the concealer. I like the KVD loose powder or MAC Mineralize Loose in Light. Again, a lot of effort just to set a concealer, but it does work. Therefore, I mostly just use this for touchups or underneath brows or something. I've noticed too that after you've had this for awhile the formula seems to become drier. Maybe one day they'll change the formula so it doesn't crease as much.I'd say this is best used for blemishes or anywhere that's not under the eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I've been using this product for a while now and I have formed a love hate relationship with it.

PROS
Long wearing
Full coverage
The product itself has lasted me several months and I haven't hit pan yet.

CONS
It creases terribly - if you have dry under eyes like I do (I have eczema) it will cause them to appear drier than they already are.
Cakey looking/ drying if it's on your face for long periods of time.
Packaging is a bit flimsy - The plastic transparent circle keeps popping out.

If you do have dry skin, it's best to use this without setting powder as it will make you look incredibly dry. The coverage is great and so is the wear so I will admit that I don't mind using the product. Using a hydrating setting spray after application helps with the dryness. I feel that those who don't have dry skin will appreciate this product more.

on 1/31/2017 4:50:00 AM

Before I purchased this product, I was well aware that I could not use it for under eye coverage as it was meant to be a blemish concealer.

I went ahead and purchased it in NC20 and for the most basic of blemishes, dark spots and acne scars it works. However, it just works and does not really blow me away. It's biggest strength is probably the fact that it lasts long and requires just an ample amount to cover a mark, however, I do not recommend this product if you have fairly good skin.

I felt that I was not able to utilize this product to the best of its abilities as it just did not match my skin type needs. As I get older, I now realize the importance of buying makeup products that fit not only your skin tone but as well as your skin TYPE. This does not work well with dry skin and tends to look cakey when I use around my nose or mouth. I do get it to work by applying a small amount of Vaseline on the outlines of my lip area or a facial oil used as a primer before hand. On its own however, this just seems way too dry for me.

Right now, I don't really use it to cover up my marks as I don't have major problem areas. I do however find it particularly useful to carve out my brows and provide me an "Instagram" type of brow. I have also tried it as an eyeshadow primer and it has worked okay for me as well.

Would not repurchase this as I have discovered better products that can do a better job.

on 1/24/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I have about 8 massive spots on my cheek I'm not sure if it's acne but anyways I found this was amazing to cover them and it worked so well but I had to touch up threw out the day, then the next day I found the spots just got worse and bigger and my pores became massive!! It made the spots so much worse and now they are so big and horrifying not to mention my pores are so big now I would say if you are looking for coverage yes but if you want your skin to just get worse no!

on 1/3/2017 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a staple in my mom's makeup kit since I was really young, so I've decided to see what the fuss is all about. As long as you get the right shade (mine is NW20) for concealing, you are good to go. I have oily-skin, which means concealers tend to slip and slide. I always use my favorite setting method (baking with loose powder for at least 5 minutes), and that plus this concealer just WORKS.

It conceals perfectly, brightens the under eye area, rarely cakes, easy to blend, and stays on for as long as you have it on (a good 12 hours).

If there is anything to complain about, it'd be the packaging, since the jar is unhygienic, and it gets harder to get the product when you're hitting pan. Overall, a good and RELIABLE product that lasts a long time. Price point is perfect as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye

on 10/9/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall I liked this product. It has an amazing coverage and it lasts a really long time on your skin. Actually I used this (I've finished it) under my eyes where I have my biggest problem to cover up. I really had to moisturize my under eyes otherwhise it would have creased like hell and blend it very well with a beauty blender to not make it look cakey.
I think it's better for covering acne scars and anything like that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the fuck MAC!!! I have just found out this amazing concealer has been discontinued along with my other beloved MAC studio tech foundation. Ive been using SF for a few years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC40-42). I only use the NC35.
I have a small red birthmark that's about the size of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. I've tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
I've stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with mac mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase if i can ever find it again. Im so devastated its gone.

on 7/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Hi guys!

I LOVE this concealer for my acne scarring. I have been using it for a good few years now. It is heavy duty, thick/creamy and quite dry. The description may sound off putting but I promise it isn't! I have tried several different concealers but nothing compares to this one. I use shade NW 35 although my MAC foundation shades are in the NC tones. I tend to dot it on my acne scarring and just slightly pat using my beauty blender sponge. I apply it under my foundation rather than on top. My shade looks quite orange and dark but it sure does the job! I have tried this in a different shade (NC) for under eyes but felt it was too thick and difficult to blend.

Whether you have red blemishes or dark spots/acne scarring, this is THE concealer to use. For a little pot, it sure goes a long way!