MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 6/19/2017 4:44:00 AM

I've used these concealer for years now. Soft and blendable formula. Good range of colours with different undertones, making it easier to find a perfect match. Can build up coverage, but concealer does move throughout the day. So if you really want the full coverage look that last all day, then you def need to use foundation and setting powders or bring the concealer along for touch-ups. On the pricey side.

on 5/26/2017 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. I've purchased it several times. I've gotten a few different shades but I right now I think NW10 (I think this is a newer shade introduced this year) seems to work best for my NC15ish skin. Because of the peachyness of the undertones, I prefer NW concealers to cancel out dark circles. Sometimes NCs can turn a bit greenish over a circle. Anyway, I gave this a 3 because while the coverage is wonderful, this creases like mad. At first when you apply it, this looks fantastic and gives excellent coverage. But 5 minutes lately....you have major creases under your eyes. I have found a way to set this so that it doesn't crease on me, but it's a lot of work so I don't wear it that often. I like to dampen a Beauty Blender with Fix +, and then use that to gently roll loose powder over the concealer. I like the KVD loose powder or MAC Mineralize Loose in Light. Again, a lot of effort just to set a concealer, but it does work. Therefore, I mostly just use this for touchups or underneath brows or something. I've noticed too that after you've had this for awhile the formula seems to become drier. Maybe one day they'll change the formula so it doesn't crease as much.I'd say this is best used for blemishes or anywhere that's not under the eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmentation is rich
- not too emollient for packing on textured skin/imperfections
- perfect warm undertone (other brands please pay attention to how MAC does undertones right)

CONS:
- too dry for undereye

on 10/15/2016 9:32:00 AM

I dont like this, its very drying and doesnt do much for me, its ok for if I have a spot that needs to be covered I bought it months ago, used it a couple of times until I bought a different concealer a few weeks later, I havnt used it much since. Maybe if I had acne prone skin id find it more useful.

on 12/5/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had I read these reviews before my impulse purchase I might not had bought this at all. The most frequent complaints are: crease (I have flaky skin at certain spots), slip easily (very oily here), sink into lines (hanging to my 'youth') . These are the words I am scared of.

However this is truly an example of Your Mileage May Vary when it comes to cosmetics. There is no way this is highlighting my flakes or slipping away from my skin. I dab some with my finger, warm it up around my wrist, dab it to certain spots, smooth it away with fingers or sometimes Beauty Blender and that's it. I have soft, dewy, luminous skin. Will it fade? Of course, but very subtly without creasing and no settling into lines whatsoever. I am still amazed that this actually work for me while fellow oily ladies are running away from it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this concealer! Bought it in the color NC 35 for my NC42 skin tone...I mainly use it under my eye..it does give me full coverage concealing my troubled spots but, it creases so much on me! I tried putting eye cream on first, and applying the concealer after 10mins and then setting it quickly with a powder (ELF HD powder or Airspun translucent powder) but still it always creases on me! Don't know what to do!! Can't even return cause I bought it a while back..but I barely used any product cause I always had the creasing problem!

on 7/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

$19 USD. I'll switch foundations and powders, but I've stuck to this concealer for the last few years. Before that, I'd used Cle de Peau, YSL, Chanel, NARS, Laura Mercier, Bobbi, and a ton of others. None come close in color match to my MAC NC20/C2 (light yellow-toned Asian) skin, coverage, price or lasting power. I have a couple of dark spots close to my eyes and redness around the chin, and this makes them all go away. Also, I've used it double-duty as an eye-shadow base/primer (in an emergency) and it worked beautifully! Another thing I do is to dip a Q-tip into it, and use it to rub off the stray mascara and eyeliner smears - it'll remove the black smudge and leave behind a natural-looking base to either reapply shadows or leave as is. I've also mixed a dab of it with moisturizer for tinted-moisturizer. Be warned that it will sink into creases, so it's not for under-eye or crow's feet.

Coverage is medium-heavy. When my face is oilier (around warmer months), I notice that it fades faster and by end of the day, you can start to see the dark spots underneath (~8 hrs). During winters, it's budge-proof. A pot will last a good 3 - 4 months for me as you need so little.

I discovered that if you dab a makeup sponge lightly into the product and dab it on lightly on top of whatever you want to conceal, the texture of the sponge creates a more natural, skin-like look. My favorite sponge to use for this is the square ones included in the Dior powder foundation (I use a brush to apply foundation, so the sponges aren't needed). I have to wash the sponges every few days, however, but it's pretty easy to do. I just soak it overnight in a brush cleanser (love the MUA DIY version), and next day rinse in hot water.

I stopped carrying this around, because the domed top is prone to cracking and breaking off, so I really wish MAC would fix that. A more sturdy top would be really nice!

on 1/10/2015 4:40:00 PM

I have very dark under eye circles and I use NW25. Best concealer.

on 6/12/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This concealer has good coverage, it hides most of the purpleness under my eyes and gives it a natural look. It's very creamy and easy to blend. The only downside to this product is that it creases. I have defined lines under my eyes and the concealer always gathers in them. But I haven't found any concealer that doesn't crease so all in all this is a good concealer.

on 6/8/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Super creamy, nice coverage and the color nc42 matches me perfectly. Great for blemishes and scars but i wouldn't recommend for under the eye use because its a little thicker and prone to creasing. I like to apply with a dabbing motion either with my finger or a brush. Also I love the classic packaging its a must have in my collection.