100 Percent Pure Organic Acai Berry Anti-aging Eye Cream

100 Percent Pure Organic Acai Berry Anti-aging Eye Cream
Organic Acai Berry Anti-aging Eye Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals

I really love that this eye cream comes out of a pump bottle, rather than a tube or tub form. Whatever effects it's claiming, I at least know that the cream isn't oxidizing the first time I'm opening the tube/tub. This is a little more expensive than the coffee bean eye cream, and doesn't smell like cookies, but this is less tingly for my eye area and more hydrating, so I'm a fan. I won't be able to comment on its anti ageing and anti wrinkle claims until I've been using this a few weeks. I'll update later.

Update: I'm still using this every night and like the smell and level of hydration, but after a month of use, I don't see any difference in the level of firmness or plumpness around my eyes, so I'd say this is a dud for anti-aging. If you want an eye cream that instantly lifts and firms, try Caudalie, they make great eye creams for days when you need a little extra lift from a bad night's sleep.

on 10/11/2014 12:16:00 PM

The smell and the packaging are great. Beyond that, the product itself is not worth the expensive pricetag. For somewhere between $35-38, I expect a product to moisturize my undereye area profoundly. I expect to feel like I'm using something that's helping my skin and not making me look dry, tired, and aged. This product did not provide any moisture beyond the 30 seconds or so it took to sink in after application. I really gave the product a thorough try for about 2 months before I gave up. By the time I decided to stop using it, I still had some left in the tube that I used as a body lotion to finish it up. Skip this one.

on 3/2/2011 2:24:00 AM

While I love the smell of the coffee bean eye cream, that and the organic acai berry eye cream (which I did not order; I ordered the moisturizer, but they sent this to me by mistake) did not absorb well. I didn't like the smell, too. It did not improve the appearance of my skin.

I really like this cream. I've been using it for almost 6 months now and it helped with dryness under my eyes really good. Plus I love the fact that it's vegan, natural and cruelty free!

on 9/30/2010 10:13:00 AM

The new packaging is great. This absorbs better for me than the Coffee Bean Eye Cream and the smell isn't as intense. This doesn't do too much for my dark circles, but nothing does or ever will. No problems using my concealer over it either.

on 7/6/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this and the Coffee Bean eye cream; I think I prefer the Acai one in general. Both creams do the job I require: hydrate and keep skin around eyes supple, don't cause any irritation, minimizes some of my wrinkles. Basically, keep me still looking young. However, I prefer the richer, creamier texture of this cream over the runny one of the Coffee Bean formula. Also, I much prefer the light berry scent of this cream over the sweet, dessert smell of the other. Given a choice, I would use the Acai one. I've bought a second one of these already.

on 3/20/2010 5:22:00 PM

I bought this and liked it enough that I bought one for my sister. It does seem to help plump fine lines. Smells like blueberries. The only reason I docked a lippie is because I got the Caffeine eye cream as a sample at the same time and decided I like that one even better. I still use this at night. I read somewhere that effectiveness (or maybe just perceived efficacy?) of moisturizers is related to how good we think they smell. Caffeine eye cream wins hands down for me, I love that smell.

on 3/15/2010 12:04:00 PM

Love the Acai eye cream, especially since they've changed to air-tight pump packaging! It is very light while applying it, however I use this only at night. It is a bit difficult to put make up on, since it leaves a residue and the eye-shadow doesn't want to stay on. However, it is perfect as a night treatment, the skin around my eyes is super smooth and I have zero dark circles! For daytime I use Jurlique's herbal recovery eye gel! It's great too, works somewhat as a primer.

on 12/30/2009 11:17:00 AM

Pros:
- Ingredients look good and natural / "pure"
- Nice-looking packaging. Push-up pump lets you see how much is left.
- You get 1 oz of product. A typical eyecream only contains 0.5 oz.

Cons:
- Too light and runny
- Pumps out way too much product everytime.
- Does not moisturize well so it feels like just a face lotion smeared in the eye area.
- Not at all creamy.
- Websites (100% Pure site and Drugstore.com) claim that it contains 15% Vitamin C and 15% Vitamin E but i don't see that label on the actual packaging itself.... so I think it's bogus. I see no actives in the ingredient list either.

on 11/25/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this really is one of the very best eye creams I have ever tried. In fact, I use it as a face cream. It's so thick and rich that one or two pumps or drops is all I need for my whole face. This stuff absorbs instantly and really leaves my skin smooth and soft. After a couple of weeks, I have noticed an amazing glow and smoothness to not only my undereye skin but my facial skin and even my lips. I've tried 100 Percent Pure's Coffee Eye Cream, and I like the Acai Eye Cream better. It seems to work more quickly.