MAC Cosmetics Deep Shade

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Deep Shade

3.3

on 12/14/2009 11:50:00 AM

This is a very nice shade of dark blue. This has navy/purple hue w/ frost. I didn't know what to use this w/ when I bought it. I'm new to blues and use this in the crease on top of an all over lid color in a bone shade. I like the softness of this color. This is good for people who play it safe w/ color and want to experiement w/ it. I don't feel this e/s has heavy pigment-its a subtle navy. I got this on sale at an outlet and happy w/ my purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In the pan, it's a beautiful deep blue-purple color, but the pigmentation is not very good; I have to really pack it on in order to get meaningful color payoff. It also doesn't have much of a frosty finish on skin, which can be a bad or good thing depending on your preference, but I'd prefer it be more frosty since it's supposed to be a frost. If you missed this from the BBR collection, you didn't miss much.

on 1/19/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have contrast and purchased deep shade today. I asked the SA if it was the same as contrast. She said it was more purple. I swatched both of them on my hand and it was a subtle difference but I don't think anyone will notice unless I tell them. Contrast has a blue reflect and Deep shade has a tiny violet reflect. So if I ever run out of contrast I'll purchase deep shade but seeing that's it's a limited edition color, I won't.