L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.5

I bought this because it got multiple great reviews on a mascara thread I was reading on another message board. First of all, the whole two step process for mascara is not my bag. Seems like overkill. That said, I probably shouldn't have bought it. I realize that now. But whatever, I thought I'd give it a try despite the fact that they entire concept seemed way too overwrought to me. The results are okay. Nothing earth shattering, but not too gloppy or over the top. But guys, when you take it off, it looks like black worms on your face! it comes off in little tubes. First of all, yuck. and Second, what the hell *is* that and do I want it anywhere close to my eyes? I don't know if it was ever tested on some hapless bunny rabbit, but all I am saying is, it doesn't seem healthy. No to the worms. I continue my search for a mascara to love...

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

While I don't like the awkwardness of the way this mascara is packaged, I love the overall product. It is very easy to take off with just warm water but I prefer to use micellar water or coconut oil to take it off with the rest of my eye makeup. No flaking that I can see, lasts a long time and makes my lashes look full and long.

on 7/12/2013 11:26:00 AM

This is my first ever MUA review!! I am a huuuuge review freak and read reviews on EVERYTHING before I purchase it so I was surprised to have just found out about the website. I had to write a review for this mascara because I don't know what I would do without it!!! I am going into my senior year in college and have probably been using it since sophomore year of high school. I LOVE IT! My lashes are on the shorter side and are naturally curled. This mascara really does DOUBLE EXTEND the length of my lashes! I have had several compliments over the years on how long my lashes are and I always refer the person to this mascara because it takes total credit.

Not only does it do as it says and double extend your lashes, it is awesome as far as removal is concerned as well. Anytime I ever run out and have to borrow one of my roommates' mascaras I prepare myself for raccoon eyes. And usually even with makeup remover there will STILL be some excess smudges under my eyes the following day. Whereas this mascara just slides off in the shower. Kind of strange looking for sure, but absolutely NO appearance of under eye darkness which I LOVE.

If I had to say anything negative about this product it would probably be due to my latest purchase of it. It has been more clumpy than usual and a ton of mascara comes out on the brush. Granted it is new and I know over time and usage that problem will solve itself, but as for the first week or two of use I have had a little trouble with application as far as clumping. That can be easily solved with the Tweezerman eyelash comb (which I have just started using and is also pretty awesome!)

All in all if you are looking for a new mascara and have issues with raccoon eyes from regular mascaras do NOT hesitate to try this product!!!! You will not be disappointed! I have suggested this product to most of my close friends and family and they love it as well!

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

on 7/5/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this because it does not flake or smudge and it will wash off at the end of the day. It is so user friendly. It is perfect for every day wear or even for travel. I love that it has the primer with it. I have had this on for 12 hours plus and it doesnt move or smudge so I would also call it long wearing. I tried it because of makeup alley reviews here and was glad I did! This was a good find and the price is right also($8.00 at wolly world)!
I am moving this to a 5 after wearing it in a 3 day event that was work related. I had it on from 7 am to 11 pm. There was not time to check how makeup was holding up but it worked perfect. I am always looking for long wearing and no smudge makeup. This one is a winner for sure! One trick I did do was apply the mascara while the primmer was still wet. Another reviewer recommended that and it worked well for me.

I also use JK Kidd I teck liquid liner with this and found it to be long wearing also and it will hold up in the water line. This is found at target.
Update Nov 2011. HG I CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THIS! LOVE IT!! It stays flawless all day and then washes off with soap and water. Very long wearing...THANK-YOU L'Oreal!!!!
Update. June 2015. Still HG. Once on it does not move. No coon eyes. My daughter in law also loves it. She uses it on 12 hour nursing shifts and loves it. It does not run or move. I should add that we both have naturally long lashes. We also have no problem removing it. Any makeup remover or the Olay 4 in one daily face cloth or also the Almay oil makeup remover in the bottle.

on 3/14/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara, I really do, but I prefer the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum (the blue one!). The Beauty Tubes mascara works well, but I like the other one better. The Lash Boosting Serum makes a really big difference!

on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like the concept of this mascara. The conditioning primer really does make my lashes soft and full, and then the color accentuates the length. I wish more mascaras has the tubing concept, because I think it's easier on my lashes when I remove my makeup. I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but if I ever get bored with that, I'll buy this again =)

on 1/19/2011 12:37:00 AM

Any mascara has always worked for length and curl. That's not my issue. No matter what mascara I wore, my eyelashes would lengthen to the point they leave black smudges on my eyelids where the tips touch my skin. But, I have to wear mascara because I am blonde and have very light lashes.

This is the only mascara I have found that does not leave this smudging or little dots all along my eyelids. While it's not my HG for a night out where I want more voluminous lashes. It's perfect for everyday, especially for work where all the eye makeup I wear is mascara. All I have to do is wash my face before slipping into bed and all the tubes wash down the drain.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.