L'Oreal Double-Extend Beauty Tubes in Blackest Black

3.7

Magnifier: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide ~~~~~~Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I virtually gave up on mascara until I found this one.
I was the one who ALWAYS had my mascara on my face and not on my lashes by the end of the day.

This is a 180: I wear this all day and never have an issue.

It is a tubing mascara and has a base coat you put on before you apply the mascara itself. The base adds volume and perhaps some length, too.

My lashes are straight and defy most curlers, so I am pleased that at least it adds volume.

Removal requires and oil or a good makeup remover. I use an oil cleanser and a warm washrag with no issues.

I did discover that it is important to let the oil do its job, because if it's not coming off well, you can accidentally remove lashes wrestling with it.

I have never used a tubing mascara, so I have none to compare, but this one has been a stellar performer. I would buy again.

Thanks!

This has a lot going for it. This mascara doesn’t smudge at all. It has a primer on one side and mascara on the other, which saves you from buying a second product (if you always use a lash primer). The color is dark enough. When I wash my face, the mascara comes off completely with minimal effort.

Unfortunately, this didn’t give me much volume or length, and L'Oreal's "tubes" must be very heavy because this mascara doesn’t hold a curl at all. It weighs down my lashes and makes them droop.

This was a lot cheaper than Blinc mascara, but I prefer Blinc Amplified because it comes in lots of different colors (even purple and blue) and it made my lashes look thicker and fuller. Also Blinc is cruelty free. Sorry, L'Oreal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have ever purchased. Oh my lord, all the good things I could say about this. So many people ask me if I have fake lashes on WHEN I DO NOT!!!!!!! I LOVE IT, the only con is that this product is not waterproof. But it comes off easily and for me, that is a pro.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this mascara been all my life? I will admit I was skeptical about using a primer on my lashes before mascara but this works well together. It's too bad L'Oréal doesn't offer this in a two pack of individual full size tubes (one primer, one mascara). I did a fair amount of research before purchasing, I've never used tubing style mascara before but I was really tired of flaking and smudging with regular mascaras, not to mention it's allergy season and my eyes itch and water like crazy. I found that the best way to apply this is with a thick/generous coat of primer (this provides some volume since tubing mascara generally only provide length) and before the primer dries apply the mascara over top. The mascara coats and covers the primer easily, no issues with white primer showing through, and gives insane length to your lashes. There is ZERO clumping, even when applied with a heavy hand. There is ZERO smudging, ZERO flaking, etc. This stays in place all day long and come off easily with just water-soaked cotton rounds.

A couple of issues that you should consider before purchasing is that with this much product on your lashes you probably won't hold a curl all that well. I'm not talking stick straight lashes but definitely they will droop some. The other thing that another reviewer also mentioned is that it's not the blackest of mascara but I believe this is because of the white primer base underneath. This is not an issue for me but if you are looking for intensely pigmented jet black mascara you won't get it with this product. What you will get are super long, clump-free separated lashes that will not irritate your eyes, will last all day without flaking, smudging, smearing, etc.

If you haven't given tubing style mascara a try yet, this is an affordable entry point and I recommend testing it out before venturing into the high-end brands.

I really like this mascara. I have a lot of lashes but they are short so this mascara is excellent at lengthening but I agree with other reviewers in that this mascara does not provide volume. The highlight is how easy the mascara is to take off and it does not smudge and it is sweat proof for me. I am a very big fan and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is my HG! I've used lots of different brands, high and low end. This is the only one that doesn't smudge or flake for me. It can be a little tricky to work with at first, but once you get the hang of it, the product is amazing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I was curious about these tube mascaras and the relatively great ratings here. I used the primer faithfully each use and while I was pleased with the lengthening properties, I was let down by the lack of volume. Still, it's a great everyday mascara if you're going for the natural look, it doesn't run or smudge and the price point can't be beat, but I prefer mascaras that give both volume and length. I'd rather skip the two step process if possible too. Another thing, I found the removal process annoying. Yes I could just use water but to thoroughly remove the tubes I had to rub my lashes between my fingers, which I'm wasn't keen. On to other mascaras then!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have ever used. With every other mascara, I get dark circles under my eye within several hours. This mascara does not do this ever! It comes off with a washcloth.It also extends my lashes and my lashes appear thicker. I never use anything else.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I REALLY love this mascara:-)
I have been using it since L'Oral first came out with it....then they changed the packaging...
Anyway..I LOVE how it's a two step because I am a 2 step type of gal when it comes to mascara anyway..I ll use 2 mascaras, one for volume and one to separate...OR I'll use this..
I love how it is SO darn easy to take off at the end of the day... I love how it lengthens and stays put for me..
And I think it works just as well as WAY more expensive beauty tubes out there...
For me..in the eh "beauty tube" mascara department--this one takes the cake....it think it's even better then Blinc which is sold at Sephora...and the other 2 beauty tubes I tried...
Give it a chance...I think you ll also like it too :-)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Okay I'm in love! I curl my lashes, apply a coat of the primer, and then the mascara. My lashes are flirty, long, fluttery, and gorgeous. It doesn't smudge or flake, it washes off so simply! I literally keep a stock of it so I always have another ready to open.

You can go dramatic or natural with this. The primer adds a ton of drama/length so skip it when you want softer more natural lashes.