Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

3.6

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good product… just not for me. I use Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in a color Dark Chocolate; it's deep to tan. I don't know how I feel about it since I can't use it for its intended purpose—as a matte bronzer. I have oily/very oily skin & was excited to find one that's matte instead of containing shimmer & glitter. If you have my skin type, you know that sparkles can make you look dirty & muddy mixed with the oil that is already on our skin.

Though this is the darkest shade, it's not dark enough for me to look tanned or sunkissed. Long story short:I'm using a $30 bronzer as an allover face powder. I know I'd be able to do more with this if it was a shade or two darker!

I wear this both alone & over foundation makeup, & apply it with a kabuki brush as I would any other pressed powder. The finish is smooth & really pretty; actually covers & evens out the red that's in my face. For it to neutralize redness & be as lightweight as it is really impressed me. It's amazing chocolatey smell comes from the real cocoa powder in its formula.

As much as I enjoy this as a finishing powder, I honestly won't be going out of my way to purchase another just because of the price & the fact I can't use it to bronze/contour. For those who can work with the shades, however, I do recommend this product! I know my review sounds more negative that anything, but it it truly is because of my skin tone & not the product itself :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I cannot believe how pale this product is. Looks like latte milk chocolate to me. The picture on the box as well as the pics online do not match this shade in real life. It smells nice, is buttery, but there is no way I can use this shade.

For reference I am 173 Amber in ultra HD makeup forever.

on 5/6/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the mini bronzer and better than sex mascara mini for 15$ at sephora. I needed a bronzer that would be too orange which most bronzers of mine do and plus one that wouldn't have glitter. For 15$ why not right? The mascara is pretty good but after a few uses I had to "reset" the wand by wiping it with a baby wild due to so much clumping. But the bronzer is exactly what I wanted. The smell of chocolate is cute, no something I bought it for because makeup smelling like food isn't appealing to me. I range from NC 42-44 Estée Lauder DW Honey Bronze - toasty toffee. NARS All Day Luminous Syracuse- Tahoe. I'm very yellow to say the least lol. This bronzer to me isn't orange it's a true brown with like a grey undertone but it isn't too overwhelming. It gives the best "shadow" type of look for me to contour my nose and cheeks. Today is my first day using it as an all around bronzer but I love how I'm looking. It's like a suttle bronzer and def build able. I had to go a few times with my angled sigma brush to get my desired color but I rather that than an overwhelming brown at the first swipe. Def get the mini at sephora to try it out and with a mini mascara it's a win regardless. But I will get the bigger one after this is done, hopefully it lasts long lol

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

1. Smells like chocolate!!!!
2. Great for a natural contour, absolutely amazing with a good brush.
3. Worth the price!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is such a great bronzer for tan skin and darker, its so pretty and smells like chocolate. its a bit on the powdery side but blends so well all you need is the slightest bit. I would be careful on pale skin it would come off way too dark

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I recently got this product because I was in the market for a new bronzer. I have a medium-dark complexion and I think that it shows up pretty well on my skin. Most bronzers don't show up on me but this one does. The only problem is that this doesn't fit my undertone as perfectly as I would've liked. However, I'm not complaining because it gets the job done and it smells great. Worth the $30 though? I'm not too sure about that because I feel like there are better bronzers out there but its good overall.

on 1/8/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am NW45 (brown skinned) and this did nothing for me. Yeah it smells good. Unless I'm going to eat it, this does nothing for me. It felt chalky as the brush picked it up and was a bit powdery. It was about the same as my skin tone, but a tiny bit more flat colorwise. Maybe on lighter people its great, but its marketed to be good for a range of skin tones. In actuality its for a range of light to olive skin tones. I did like how it didn't have any shimmer. Pass.

Popular Bronzers