Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

I don't understand how people like this product. Yeah, it smells like chocolate. But smell is not what you base how great a product is on. This product applies extremely patchy, no matter what foundation, primer, or brush I use. And it doesn't blend out well. Maybe TF reformulated this product in the past year and the quality isn't as good, or maybe it's just always been terrible, but either way, I do not recommend.

on 7/18/2017 7:41:00 AM

If you're like me, you've tried more than a few bronzers, looking for the perfect shade. Out of the many that I've been collecting on that quest, this bronzer is by far the Holy Grail for me. I have a light complexion, so when I received a sample of Chocolate Soleil with an order, I was a little skeptical. Pure bliss when I opened the packaging. The scent of chocolate is to die for! But that's only half of the magic! This stuff is super blendable & buildable both upon itself as well with other highlighters & blushes. It literally melts into the skin both bare & with foundation. Great for contouring as well! Even tho the price point is slightly above drug store, the pan is huge making it easy to use plus a great value. You will find yourself reaching for this first time & time again. As a side note...I also purchased Milk Chocolate Soleil which is just a tad lighter than Chocolate Soleil to add even more bronzing shading & contouring possibilities. Thank you, Too Faced! :)

on 6/8/2017 7:08:00 AM

I actually hate this bronzer ! I keep trying to make it work because everyone raves about it and loves it but it just looks muddy and patchy on me no matter what and it does not last through the day !!! Back to my bars Laguna bronzer I go.

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Perfect

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually have this in a palette and I LOVE IT. I use it with a slightly thick yet angled contour brush for my upper cheekbones, hallows, and temples. Then I blend upwards with a normal fluffy brush.

Stupid question: I was looking at the too faced chocolate bar eye shadows (LOVE their eye shadows but WAY too expensive in my opinion) and it smelled amazing like cocoa. The salesgirl said there are natural antioxidants in it due to the actual use of cocoa. Is that then true for this bronzer? I've been trying to clean up my skincare routine to get rid of chemicals as much as possible. Loving RMS applied with fingers then buffed with a wet beauty blender FYI!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This, along with Benefit's Hoola is my favorite bronzer of the moment. I absolutely love matte bronzers, mostly because I feel like when a bronzer is too shimmery it really only looks good in the Spring or Summer, and it tends to distract from highlighted areas and eyeshadows.
I like bronzers to add warmth to the face without being too obvious or stealing the show, and this bronzer is perfect for that. It is the perfect not too light/ not too dark shade for my complexion, and leans a bit more neutral than some other bronzers, which can turn very orange on me because my skin is already pretty warm-toned. In fact, in a pinch this can be used as a contour shade because it is matte and not overly warm. When I first started contouring I was using this, and it works well for that purpose if you're into that.
It applies smoothly, with no patchiness or "muddiness", and lasts all day. It literally blends like a dream. It smells like chocolate, which may or may not be a selling point, but when you have a sweet tooth as big as mine, a chocolate scent is never a bad thing!
I really can't complain about the price when a product looks as nice as this does and, from what I've heard this lasts a long, long time before hitting pan, so you're getting a good amount of use for the price. If you have a light to medium skin tone, this is the perfect bronzer. There is also a lighter and darker bronzer shade for fair and dark skintones which probably work as well as this one does, although I've never tried them.