Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 2/4/2019 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really nice bronzer but in my opinion it's not the best for very fair skin (I'm nw10). I bought it when this was considered to be one of the most fair-friendly bronzers on the market - they offered a lighter 'milk chocolate' shade and the undertone wasn't orange. However, times have changed and now there are a bunch of better options that are just a bit lighter and easier to work with (Two Faced's is relatively dark and pigmented meaning that you need to use a light hand and blend it well).

I suggest going on YouTube and watching Arna Alayne's bronzer reviews - she can suggest fair-friendly alternatives - stuff like Hoola Lite, Body Shop Honey Bronzer and Bare Minerals Invisible Bronze in fair/light.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a big fan of bronzers. They generally don't look very natural on me whether I use them for contouring (my round face could do with some but it always looks peculiar) or to add a bit of colour to my pale face in summer. But I had a points perk little compact of this and decided to give it a try and, to my surprise, I really like it. It works well to darken my throat a bit so it matches my face (matching my face to my neck would have me looking like a sheet of printer paper!). And if I use a large, fluffy powder brush to dust this all over my face, it does give nice, natural colour to my skin and makes me look healthy rather than orange or artificial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size of this bronzer and that is high praise coming from someone like me, who generally avoids them.

on 6/22/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This product earns five stars in every category. Exquisite texture and color allows a light touch with the brush to assure beautiful, believable warmth. I do not contour, applying this product only where sun would naturally hit on high points of face. A masterful creation, Too Faced. Thank you.

I don't understand how people like this product. Yeah, it smells like chocolate. But smell is not what you base how great a product is on. This product applies extremely patchy, no matter what foundation, primer, or brush I use. And it doesn't blend out well. Maybe TF reformulated this product in the past year and the quality isn't as good, or maybe it's just always been terrible, but either way, I do not recommend.

on 7/18/2017 7:41:00 AM

If you're like me, you've tried more than a few bronzers, looking for the perfect shade. Out of the many that I've been collecting on that quest, this bronzer is by far the Holy Grail for me. I have a light complexion, so when I received a sample of Chocolate Soleil with an order, I was a little skeptical. Pure bliss when I opened the packaging. The scent of chocolate is to die for! But that's only half of the magic! This stuff is super blendable & buildable both upon itself as well with other highlighters & blushes. It literally melts into the skin both bare & with foundation. Great for contouring as well! Even tho the price point is slightly above drug store, the pan is huge making it easy to use plus a great value. You will find yourself reaching for this first time & time again. As a side note...I also purchased Milk Chocolate Soleil which is just a tad lighter than Chocolate Soleil to add even more bronzing shading & contouring possibilities. Thank you, Too Faced! :)

on 6/8/2017 7:08:00 AM

I actually hate this bronzer ! I keep trying to make it work because everyone raves about it and loves it but it just looks muddy and patchy on me no matter what and it does not last through the day !!! Back to my bars Laguna bronzer I go.

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Perfect

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually have this in a palette and I LOVE IT. I use it with a slightly thick yet angled contour brush for my upper cheekbones, hallows, and temples. Then I blend upwards with a normal fluffy brush.

Stupid question: I was looking at the too faced chocolate bar eye shadows (LOVE their eye shadows but WAY too expensive in my opinion) and it smelled amazing like cocoa. The salesgirl said there are natural antioxidants in it due to the actual use of cocoa. Is that then true for this bronzer? I've been trying to clean up my skincare routine to get rid of chemicals as much as possible. Loving RMS applied with fingers then buffed with a wet beauty blender FYI!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.