Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

Nivea A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

2.6

on 6/10/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

picked this up on a whim at the Dollar Store and i've just grown to adore it. i've been a nightime Carmex (in the pot only) user since i was 14, but i have to say that after another fourteen years, i've finally found something i like better for overnight lip conditioning. this comes in a little tube with a screw on lid, tastes oddly sweet, and is kind of opaque white in color, but once you smooth it onto your lips it really goes to work softening and hydrating them. i usually put a thick layer on while i'm in bed reading, let that one soak in completely, and then right before i turn the lights out i add another thick layer and let it just sit there without mashing my lips together to encourage it to soak in. the point being, i want to leave a heavy coat of it on there overnight to protect my lips from the dry, parching Pacific Northwestern air. when i wake up in the morning, i can still feel remnants of the product on my lips, and i head into the bathroom where i exfoliate my lips with some warm water and an exfoliating glove to get rid of all the flakies. after that, i'm left with super smooth, soft, plump lips that are completely transformed from the dry lips i went to bed with. great product, great price (one dollar!), and i'd be willing to pay more if i could only find it at a regular grocery store or Walgreen's type store. if you see this at the Dollar Store, definitely pick up a tube and try it out, you won't be disappointed.

on 5/6/2010 12:46:00 PM

This was a waste of two dollars and fifty cents. This does nothing for my lips. I knew I should have stuck to my rose salve and aquaphor. This just coats my lips in a whitish lotion like substance. It doesnt really moisturize. I have to scrub it off along with a layer of skin the next morning. My lips do not feel any softer, smoother, less chapped etc. This is a pointless product IMO.

I love this product. It is the only thing I have found that works for my dry chapped lips. But just like other reviewers have already said it is white/creamy/a little waxy feeling at times and can be a bit much if you use too much but just the right amount will do wonders for your chapped lips.Plus it's not that expensive around $4 at most stores around here.
--I think it is being discontinued. I can't find it anywhere now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OHHHHHMG, do not buy this crap!! It is so gross! I wanted to try out more of the lip care line from nivea since I really like the kiss of shimmer one that they have. This product is so horrible. It literally is like putting body lotion on your lips...disgusting! It's so thick and it doesn't absorb into your lips. It leaves this nasty layer of crap on your lips. I did give this product a good three tries and then I threw this piece ssssssssshhhhzzzzzz out!!!

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

This lip product comes in a small squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. That's the only positive thing I can say. YUCK! You might as well put hand cream on your lips, because that is what this seems like. Chemical smell and taste. Gives lips a whitish ghostly appearance, like an SPF product would, yet there is no SPF in this. (Due to the whiteness and no SPF, this really should only be used at night.) Moisturizing ability is average. Don't waste your money on this. Yuck, yuck, yuck.