Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 7/24/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shut the front door!!! Where has this been all my life???

I have been on the hunt for a foundation for the last 6 years or so. I am 58 and shortly after turning 50, foundations weren't playing nice with my skin. I have probably sampled, bought, returned over 100 formulas. I finally settled on alternating between IT Cosmetics CC and Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, not entirely satisfied with either, but at least the finish was doable and didn't make my complexion look worse.

I dislike liquid or cream foundations...love powder, but it's so hard to find one for older skin.

I had a sample of this that has sat on my desk for a couple of months...I looked at it last week and fondly remembered my first publishing job out of college...and how everything in my makeup bag was Lancome. For some reason, I eventually strays away from the line.

I applied it to my skin last week, and wow, just wow...gives me great coverage without looking heavy...no settling in pores or lines...no micro cracking or looking older than I am...no cakiness, just a lovely, soft focus that minimizes pores...actually understand that airbrushed look now. It lasted me about 5-6 hours before it began to fade a bit, but it still looked good...like it had melded with my skin...I blotted and gave it a light touch up and it was beautiful for another 4 hours. Its lightweight and feels fabulous on the skin. It also seems to be transfer proof as well. I use it with the Lancome waterproof concealer, which is a great combo!

I promptly went out and bought Amande III, which is just the perfect, gorgeous shade for me.

I will still use the CC cream when I'm in the sun, but this will replace Laura Geller as my go to foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

It really is "the best" simply put. Yes, it's $42, but I just spent probably over $150 trying to find a drugstore match (Maybelline, Revlon, L'Oréal, Cover Girl, Neutrogena, Milani, Nyx, etc) over the past several months and while some were decent, Lancôme knocks them all out by a long run. You get what you pay for -- the sponge and powder puff are high quality and the powder is very very finely milled, creamy, and easily buildable without looking caked on or powdery. So smooth and doesn't settle into fine lines at all. Doesn't break me out. Looks like real skin but even toned and glowy. They have a wide range of shades with various undertones. My only complaint with this and all Lancome products is the fragrance. It's their "signature" fragrance for years and since the company is French, it does smell very perfumed. There are many who love the scent and many who could do without. I don't mind it that much, but I wish they made a fragrance free. Nonetheless, one compact lasts quite a while. My last one lasted almost a year! I don't mind spending $42 a year for flawless skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this from Ulta in the shade Amande III at the recommendation of a beauty associate. I had asked him for a powder foundation with high coverage. He suggested this immediately, and raved about the amount of product for the price.

Per Lancôme, this product can be used wet or dry. I cannot attest to its performance when used wet, as I have only used it dry. I have, however, tried using it on its own, and also as a finishing powder over foundation. I really loved the shade match and tried my hardest to make it work for me. However, I am not a fan.

You do get plenty of product for your dollar, and there are many shades to choose from, so finding a match was not an issue. I had read reviews and knew about the strong perfume scent beforehand, but I'm not overly sensitive to smells, so that didn't bother me. What bothers me about this powder is that it does not combat shine whatsoever. To be fair, I am very oily. However, shine shouldn't be breaking through after less than an hour of wear. Also, this powder makes my pores look huge. It enhances my skin imperfections and it does not provide more than medium coverage, even when I buffed on a second layer. The color does not seem to oxidize, so that is good. But, when my skins oils mix with this powder, it creates a rubbery look and feel on my face. It feels (and looks) terrible and then all I want to do is wash my face. I am very prone to acne, and I do feel that this powder causes me to breakout. I ended up returning this and will go back to bare minerals until I can find something better.

on 9/4/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A huge plus with Dual Finish is it's size, 19 g! That is a huge amount for the price ($52 CDN). It is a versatile powder. You can use it as a setting powder, you can apply with various brushes to adjust coverage. You can wet the sponge and get full coverage from this with a matte finish. The smell is off putting to me, but as I read the reviews, some people love it! This has been around for many many years, and it is a good powder foundation.

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary. 5/1/2017 I'm nearly finished with this and ordered a backup, it's so versatile. Wet or dry it manages to hide my imperfections. I moisturize well and apply ss before, after I apply I add a spray of thermal water if I'm looking at all dry.

on 10/22/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its always the same.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I could not get past the heavy scent of this product. Even if it didn't make me want to scratch my face off, I would not want to smell like old roses in a stuffy room.