Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 7/24/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shut the front door!!! Where has this been all my life???

I have been on the hunt for a foundation for the last 6 years or so. I am 58 and shortly after turning 50, foundations weren't playing nice with my skin. I have probably sampled, bought, returned over 100 formulas. I finally settled on alternating between IT Cosmetics CC and Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, not entirely satisfied with either, but at least the finish was doable and didn't make my complexion look worse.

I dislike liquid or cream foundations...love powder, but it's so hard to find one for older skin.

I had a sample of this that has sat on my desk for a couple of months...I looked at it last week and fondly remembered my first publishing job out of college...and how everything in my makeup bag was Lancome. For some reason, I eventually strays away from the line.

I applied it to my skin last week, and wow, just wow...gives me great coverage without looking heavy...no settling in pores or lines...no micro cracking or looking older than I am...no cakiness, just a lovely, soft focus that minimizes pores...actually understand that airbrushed look now. It lasted me about 5-6 hours before it began to fade a bit, but it still looked good...like it had melded with my skin...I blotted and gave it a light touch up and it was beautiful for another 4 hours. Its lightweight and feels fabulous on the skin. It also seems to be transfer proof as well. I use it with the Lancome waterproof concealer, which is a great combo!

I promptly went out and bought Amande III, which is just the perfect, gorgeous shade for me.

I will still use the CC cream when I'm in the sun, but this will replace Laura Geller as my go to foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome has done it again with this fabulous wet/dry formulation of powder makeup. The color Buff Beige is medium true beige that makes your skin look beautiful & covers minor imperfections. I like to go just a bit darker in all seasons, this color is but doesn't ever look too dark! It glides on dry so I've never used wet; it blends with your own skin moisture within minutes to give a nice glow to your skin. Coverage lasts all day & rarely creases, but if it does just wipe lightly & it blends instantly. This makeup is just like a mineral makeup, but the color is much better. I compared it to one of the mineral make up brands the coverage cannot be beat. I constantly get compliments that my skin looks amazing when I use it & I am 58! This makeup is the equivalent of Maqui Libre as far as I am concerned! The compact is sophisticated & they thoughtfully put a mirror & plastic cover inside so the applicator does not sit on the powder when stored. One suggestion would be to either include another cloth applicator or sell them separately. Try this makeup, you won't be disappointed! It applies quickly for working girls! You can use brush or the cloth applicator & layer the coverage. Lancome recently dropped the non-fragrance option, why do they do that? We sensitive women appreciate a company that cares; not just catering to the next generation!

on 2/22/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really excellent powder foundation. The color range is vast and I was able to find a suitable match for my skin tone in Rose Clair II. When paired with a the right moisturizer and primer (I use La Base Pro) I actually get compliments on my otherwise acne prone lackluster problem skin with this powder foundation. But I've had a compact for two years and I've hardly made a dent in it. This is entirely because of the fact that it's an over fragranced product. I simply cannot stand the scent of this otherwise excellent makeup. It's got this really strong 1960's grandmotherly scent I remember from my mother's makeup when I was a child. It's not just that I find the scent over powering. Alas it irritates my eyes and skin if I use it regularly. Lancome used to make a scent free version of this that I quite liked but they discontinued it. So even though it's great for travel I will eventually use this compact up and not repurchase. If you're not bothered by the cheap perfume scent by all means give this product a go

It really is "the best" simply put. Yes, it's $42, but I just spent probably over $150 trying to find a drugstore match (Maybelline, Revlon, L'Oréal, Cover Girl, Neutrogena, Milani, Nyx, etc) over the past several months and while some were decent, Lancôme knocks them all out by a long run. You get what you pay for -- the sponge and powder puff are high quality and the powder is very very finely milled, creamy, and easily buildable without looking caked on or powdery. So smooth and doesn't settle into fine lines at all. Doesn't break me out. Looks like real skin but even toned and glowy. They have a wide range of shades with various undertones. My only complaint with this and all Lancome products is the fragrance. It's their "signature" fragrance for years and since the company is French, it does smell very perfumed. There are many who love the scent and many who could do without. I don't mind it that much, but I wish they made a fragrance free. Nonetheless, one compact lasts quite a while. My last one lasted almost a year! I don't mind spending $42 a year for flawless skin.

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this from Ulta in the shade Amande III at the recommendation of a beauty associate. I had asked him for a powder foundation with high coverage. He suggested this immediately, and raved about the amount of product for the price.

Per Lancôme, this product can be used wet or dry. I cannot attest to its performance when used wet, as I have only used it dry. I have, however, tried using it on its own, and also as a finishing powder over foundation. I really loved the shade match and tried my hardest to make it work for me. However, I am not a fan.

You do get plenty of product for your dollar, and there are many shades to choose from, so finding a match was not an issue. I had read reviews and knew about the strong perfume scent beforehand, but I'm not overly sensitive to smells, so that didn't bother me. What bothers me about this powder is that it does not combat shine whatsoever. To be fair, I am very oily. However, shine shouldn't be breaking through after less than an hour of wear. Also, this powder makes my pores look huge. It enhances my skin imperfections and it does not provide more than medium coverage, even when I buffed on a second layer. The color does not seem to oxidize, so that is good. But, when my skins oils mix with this powder, it creates a rubbery look and feel on my face. It feels (and looks) terrible and then all I want to do is wash my face. I am very prone to acne, and I do feel that this powder causes me to breakout. I ended up returning this and will go back to bare minerals until I can find something better.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.