Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 2/22/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really excellent powder foundation. The color range is vast and I was able to find a suitable match for my skin tone in Rose Clair II. When paired with a the right moisturizer and primer (I use La Base Pro) I actually get compliments on my otherwise acne prone lackluster problem skin with this powder foundation. But I've had a compact for two years and I've hardly made a dent in it. This is entirely because of the fact that it's an over fragranced product. I simply cannot stand the scent of this otherwise excellent makeup. It's got this really strong 1960's grandmotherly scent I remember from my mother's makeup when I was a child. It's not just that I find the scent over powering. Alas it irritates my eyes and skin if I use it regularly. Lancome used to make a scent free version of this that I quite liked but they discontinued it. So even though it's great for travel I will eventually use this compact up and not repurchase. If you're not bothered by the cheap perfume scent by all means give this product a go

It really is "the best" simply put. Yes, it's $42, but I just spent probably over $150 trying to find a drugstore match (Maybelline, Revlon, L'Oréal, Cover Girl, Neutrogena, Milani, Nyx, etc) over the past several months and while some were decent, Lancôme knocks them all out by a long run. You get what you pay for -- the sponge and powder puff are high quality and the powder is very very finely milled, creamy, and easily buildable without looking caked on or powdery. So smooth and doesn't settle into fine lines at all. Doesn't break me out. Looks like real skin but even toned and glowy. They have a wide range of shades with various undertones. My only complaint with this and all Lancome products is the fragrance. It's their "signature" fragrance for years and since the company is French, it does smell very perfumed. There are many who love the scent and many who could do without. I don't mind it that much, but I wish they made a fragrance free. Nonetheless, one compact lasts quite a while. My last one lasted almost a year! I don't mind spending $42 a year for flawless skin.

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this from Ulta in the shade Amande III at the recommendation of a beauty associate. I had asked him for a powder foundation with high coverage. He suggested this immediately, and raved about the amount of product for the price.

Per Lancôme, this product can be used wet or dry. I cannot attest to its performance when used wet, as I have only used it dry. I have, however, tried using it on its own, and also as a finishing powder over foundation. I really loved the shade match and tried my hardest to make it work for me. However, I am not a fan.

You do get plenty of product for your dollar, and there are many shades to choose from, so finding a match was not an issue. I had read reviews and knew about the strong perfume scent beforehand, but I'm not overly sensitive to smells, so that didn't bother me. What bothers me about this powder is that it does not combat shine whatsoever. To be fair, I am very oily. However, shine shouldn't be breaking through after less than an hour of wear. Also, this powder makes my pores look huge. It enhances my skin imperfections and it does not provide more than medium coverage, even when I buffed on a second layer. The color does not seem to oxidize, so that is good. But, when my skins oils mix with this powder, it creates a rubbery look and feel on my face. It feels (and looks) terrible and then all I want to do is wash my face. I am very prone to acne, and I do feel that this powder causes me to breakout. I ended up returning this and will go back to bare minerals until I can find something better.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

This powder can be used as a powder foundation or setting/touch up powder. This powder is really creamy and fluffy but will still give a matte finish. It will work really well for dry skin. It has more pigment than a regular setting powder. However it's not quite as pigmented as MAC studio fix powder foundation. I would say this powder is really similar to MAC careblend powder but with slightly more coverage and more heavier. If you apply too much, it will look really thick and cakey. I use this powder mainly as a touch up powder but can be used as a setting powder. It does add more coverage to your foundation but still looks really polished. However I have been finding this powder a tad too heavy for the Australian summer weather, but then again it's really hard to make any makeup work in this type of extreme conditions.

It took me a long time to figure out the shade range. They all got these weird names, letterings and numbers. Basically the number stand for the undertone. W is warm, yellow undertone. C is cool, pink undertone. N is neutral undertone. The number is the intensity of the shade. So it's basically the same shading system as Estee lauder's.

I have this in 5 shades and 230 Ecru ll W matches me best. I'm a MAC NC20-25. I use Teint Idole Ultra in 01 mixed with a tiny bit of 03.

130 Porcelaine D'ivoire l (N): Pale neutral undertone, is comparable to MAC careblend powder in light, just a touch darker. NW/NC 15-20.

230 Ecru ll (W): Light medium yellow undertone, comparable to MAC careblend powder in light plus, just a touch darker. NC 20-25.

310 Bisque ll (C): Light medium pink undertone. Would suit NW20-25.

340 Nu lll (N): Neutral yellow undertone, it's about 1 shade darker than Ecru. Comparable to MAC careblend powder in medium but darker and a bit more yellow. NC 25-30.

Then there's also 315 Wheat W but it's actually darker than 340 Nu and more yellow toned. It's probably suited to NC 30.

The shade range available in Australia is terrible but I'm determined to make this powder work because this is really a high quality powder. The black compact is beautiful but terribly made. It scratches really easy. The sticker wears off really fast. And the glue from the compact already became loose on one of mine. I paid $55 AUD and contains a generous 19g.

Edit: I don't use this as a touch up powder anymore as it's too heavy and cakey. It's best to be used as a setting powder or alone as a powder foundation. I still prefer MAC careblend powder in light plus as my setting powder as it's finer in texture. I'll probably reserve dual finish powder as a powder foundation to be worn alone.

on 9/4/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A huge plus with Dual Finish is it's size, 19 g! That is a huge amount for the price ($52 CDN). It is a versatile powder. You can use it as a setting powder, you can apply with various brushes to adjust coverage. You can wet the sponge and get full coverage from this with a matte finish. The smell is off putting to me, but as I read the reviews, some people love it! This has been around for many many years, and it is a good powder foundation.

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary.