Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

on 4/6/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use a powder over my MUFE F&B foundation to add a bit of coverage and to keep my face from sliding off since I have a very oily t-zone. I had been using the MUFE Duo Mat in 214 but I noticed that it was a bit orange for me and wanted something with a better color match. Someone suggested the Lancôme Dual Finish Powder.

The first thing I noticed about this powder is that it has a more luminous and satin finish than the Duo Mat. I wasn't sure how I felt about that since I really wanted to look matte, although my skin does look pretty at first. However, "luminous" skin can quickly turn into "oil slick" skin. As expected I do tend to have to blot a little earlier than usual but I find that this powder holds up very well and at the end of the day it still looks much better than the duo mat.

In addition to that it does provide good coverage that lasts all day and fills in my pores for a nice, soft, smooth, finish. One good thing about the satin finish is that this powder looks like skin. It doesn't cakey or anything.

I bought this in 500 Suede and the color match is much better than the 214 in Duo Mat. I will be buying this powder again

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

on 11/8/2015 1:36:00 PM

I think I can say that Lancome Dual Finish was the first love of my life. Later, I found my husband and he become the second :)
It has been my only foundation for many, many years and although I tried many times to be unfaithful, my skin didn't like the substitutes.
The secret is to apply it with a brush. Nothing else work for me and I never apply it wet. I have tried it but the result has been really bad.
Liquid foundation seems to look good in other people and I want that for me but no matter the brand, even the most expensive, it looks cakey on my face.

My steps:
1 - Moisturizer - It is important not to have dry skin when I apply powder
2 - Foundation primer (BareMinerals Prime Time, Smashbox Photo Finish, etc.) to have foundation last all day
3 - Lancome dual finish with a large brush
3 - Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray (I got this as a gift with the purchase of Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I like it so far - It removes the "powder" look and makes it look flawless)

I know I didn't include the "corrector" under the eyes as one of the steps and for some people that is almost a sin but that product doesn't look in everyone (I am one of those) - it doesn't correct sometimes. It makes the fine lines more visible...

I do recommend Lancome Dual Finish :)

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

on 6/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I have only ever used this powder. I've tried experimenting with a couple cheaper drugstore powders but I've always come back to this one so far.

I used it as both a setting powder and I've also built it up on days where I don't want to wear a lot of makeup.

As a setting powder it leaves a soft, velvet finish that helps to blur my pores and set my makeup. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and my oil production doesn't cause this powder to clump over time. I get oily within 2 hours, even while in doors, and I have yet to come across a product (including this powder) which has helped keep me T-zone matte for any longer than that. I still like the initial finish of it however.

As a foundation powder, I usually buff two layers of it on for a medium coverage and it does a good job of evening out my skin tone, and reducing the redness around my cheeks and nose. It also helps to slightly blur my super dark circles but I usually need concealer for those anyways.

Overall, I appreciate the versatility of the powder but at ~CDN$51 it is a very pricey powder. I'll probably always have this around the house as my sisters and mom have always relied on it but I'm in the mood right now to shop around for cheaper alternatives that can hopefully keep my T-zone matte for longer.

The packaging on this is beautiful! I wish there were more powders at a lower price that looked so nice. The powder does a fairly good job covering and is great to add a little extra coverage over a light foundation or tinted moisturizer - or to touch up during the day. It does feel heavy on your face, though it doesn't look cakey at all. No shine control on this and for me the color didn't look very real outdoors so I won't be repurchasing.