Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 2/22/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really excellent powder foundation. The color range is vast and I was able to find a suitable match for my skin tone in Rose Clair II. When paired with a the right moisturizer and primer (I use La Base Pro) I actually get compliments on my otherwise acne prone lackluster problem skin with this powder foundation. But I've had a compact for two years and I've hardly made a dent in it. This is entirely because of the fact that it's an over fragranced product. I simply cannot stand the scent of this otherwise excellent makeup. It's got this really strong 1960's grandmotherly scent I remember from my mother's makeup when I was a child. It's not just that I find the scent over powering. Alas it irritates my eyes and skin if I use it regularly. Lancome used to make a scent free version of this that I quite liked but they discontinued it. So even though it's great for travel I will eventually use this compact up and not repurchase. If you're not bothered by the cheap perfume scent by all means give this product a go

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

bleh, couldn't get past the smell of this product. the coverage is pretty poor for a powder foundation

on 6/27/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives you more coverage than a regular setting powder but I don't like it as a substitute for foundation. It doesn't provide enough coverage for that, and has the expected powdery look. I tried it wet and hated it that way. It was choppy and still not much coverage. It's better to apply it as a powder over a liquid foundation or a BB cream, and then you might as well use a translucent setting powder.

It has a heavy scent that reminds me of Noxema. There used to be a fragrance free version of this but the SA did not believe me, so maybe they stopped making it. I really hate fragrance in my face products, especially because it is likely to cause irritation.

Dual Finish is available in a broad range of colors, so if you do like the finish you are likely to find a good match. I bought Matte Neutrale II and it's a very nice shade.

I rated this 3 out of 5. It is a good powder; it's not terrible and I know it has some die-hard fans, but I really feel that it's inferior to powder foundations from Chantecaille, MAC, Dior, and Urban Decay's new one which all look more polished than this.

The fragrance is a pet peeve.

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

on 4/4/2015 1:34:00 PM

I really do love this powder! It hides pores, evens out skin ton and looks really natural while still providing a medium coverage. I would give this a 5/5 if it didnt have fragrance in it though...while the perfume isnt too bad as it does disappear after a couple mins once makeup is applied, I still find it to be a very unnecessary ingredient and I would just rather not have it in my makeup!

pros
-evens skin tone
-hides pores
-natural finish
-medium coverage
-lasts all day
-doesnt cause dry flakes

cons
-fragrance

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

on 12/24/2014 12:30:00 PM

Despite the relatively high purchase price, this is actually a good value foundation as you get a lot of product - 19g - compared to many other higher-end brands that are in the 9-11g range. It feels light and comfortable on my sensitive skin, with no itchiness or irritation. I get best results when applying this straight after moisturiser or primer while my skin is still damp. If I apply with a brush, I get smooth, even, light to medium coverage that wears well over the course of the day. Although this foundation applies matte, in a hot climate it settles to more of a natural, dewy finish which is fine for my relatively dry skin, but may not satisfy someone with a very oily t-zone.

on 9/18/2014 2:26:00 PM

I have used this makeup product for years when I was younger and had fallen away from it for the past 10 years. Now that I am older, and need to touch up my makeup in the afternoon, I picked up a new one and I believe it is better than ever! No caking, no gathering in the creases, and a lovely finish. Definitely a repurchase!