3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I got a sample of this product in shade 102 and it is ok match for my skin. It is an expensive product, but I like it a lot. It's a medium to full coverage foundation and I wouldn't use it everyday, special occasions only. It just leaves my skin looking beautiful.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

5 years ago

An elegant foundation for special occasions. I think the foundation I am reviewing must be an updated version because mine comes with a black lid. I wouldn`t wear this every day, because it is so pricey (¥8800) and I prefer products that have a more natural list of ingredients. Blends easily, very high coverage without looking fake and made-up. I have combination to oily skin, so I would skip moisturizer/primer with this one. The sales assistant did the entire routine on me, with the Suqqu Lotion and Moisture Barrier Cream, which would be a lovely treatment for someone with very dry skin, but which broke me out after just a few hours. Haven`t had any breakouts when I wear just the foundation itself. Also amazed at the lasting power even for my oily T-zone. I`ve been wearing this for 2.5 weeks now, and unlike some of the folks here I haven`t had any breakouts even though my skin can be quite oily. This could be because it is winter here (not sure honestly if I could wear this in summer, will update on this later), or maybe because I use a very small amount of product. You really don`t need that much, even for high coverage. I`ve tried using a face brush but I must admit fingers work much better. Then finish off cleaning excess from skin with either a sponge or a kabuki brush to get a more natural look.

About reviewer (906 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesHazel

7 years ago

It is a nice foundation, moisturizing, good coverage, blends well and pretty much lasts all day. The only issues I am concerned is the price and packaging, if you have dry skin and the money and go for it.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I am reviewing the Frame Fix Cream Foundation. I purchased this together with the liquid version at Selfridges. It was very expensive - £65 for 30g!!. It is a really nice product. My own personal preference but I tend to have 2 foundations on the go at once. One cream and the other liquid so that I can "up" the coverage on those bad days when I need it. The liquid foundation whilst good, for events and sometimes to cover up imperfections, the cream consistency just works better. This offers medium to full coverage. It comes in a small glass jar with a black lid. It doesn't look cakey. Overall, the product gives a matte/glowy look. It lasts all day and I normally just need to touch up with a little bit of powder at lunch time. I have actually found that now that we are approaching winter, I tend to reach for the cream foundation because it is more moisturising than the liquid version.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

HairBlack

1.0

9 years ago

One of the worse products ever.I have a fair skin, it,s very hard to get colour from suqqu foundation. that will suits my skin. After 2 months of using that my pores very compeletly blocked.I ended up doing facial and bought today my previous foundation from Shisheido. Foundation is n a glass jar, i travel a lot.I dropped it once and unfortunatelly glass jar was broken, compeletly useless.You have to be careful when you keep it in your hand or travel with your cosmetics. I wouldn,t recommed it to anyone with oily/mixed skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

HairBlond

1.0

9 years ago

I am finally ready to review this foundation after using it on and off for 6 months. Unfortunately, this is one very expensive foundation that didn't work for me. I didn't get that "natural, dewy" look or "my skin, but better" look that I read about and expected from this product. I tried using my fingers, a makeup sponge, and a stippling brush, but still cannot achieve the dewy look I can get with my much cheaper Laura Mercier TM. The Suqqu doesn't blend well at all. It doesn't melt into your skin like TMs do. Rather, it's a bit mask like on me and highlights the dry spots around my nose. As the day wears on, my face gets drier and drier with the Suqqu foundation. Often by dinner time, my face would be extremely dry with dry patches everywhere. I don't know if I just got a defective product. I mail ordered the Suqqu from DollyLeo in the UK (since we can't buy this stuff in the US). I am also somewhat disappointed by the packaging. First, the packaging was very "minimalistic"- and not in a good way. The black paper box contained just the jar of foundation and a plastic scooper. There were no sponge included, like I had read in some of the online reviews. There were not even any written information included with the product. (Not that I need an explanation of how to use foundation, but most cosmetic products come with some sort of instruction/ ingredient list.) Also, I found it odd that the cap of my jar was white and not black like I've seen in the newer online reviews. (The stock photo MUA shows on this page is the older white cap version I received.) So, I'm a little skeptical about DollyLeo's inventory. I sent them an email to inquire, but never got a response. I wouldn't order anything from them again. Long story short, I'm very disappointed by the purchase.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

The best foundation ever (after a life-long search...). Having dry skin I've had difficulties to find the right foundation. I use Suqqu in 03b, which is a neutral beige tone, suiting to my rather pale skin. It's fool-proof to use, glides on easily - I put it on with my fingers. Medium coverage, very natural looking, absolutely non-drying. It feels so light and uncomplicated - I guess that's what you pay the GBP 60.00 for... Still, it's amazingly good.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I am on a never ending search for a foundation which covers my very dry cheeks and oily t zone without sliding off or looking cakey. I think I may have found it. It is beautifully packaged and the jar feels wonderful. It should for £60.00! You only need a small amount of product which the makeup artist told me to apply with my fingers and then to pat with the makeup sponge (which comes with it) to smooth. It gives a no makeup dewy but flawless finish, the lady told me to layer to hide dark circles which I still am unsure about but I know that real life isn't as perfect as an airbrushed picture! It lasts almost all day I only need to touch up slightly across the bridge of my nose. I will update in a few weeks if I am still in love!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

My mom recently bought this cream foundation (Shade 20, 30g) for a staggering 10,500 JPY (approx. US$90?) but she swears it is one of the best foundations she's ever used so I really had to try it. It is a mousse like foundation with a very light, natural, smooth finish. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer with an SPF17, yet it covers well, though a concealer will be needed for any visible blemishes. It brightens the skin tone considerably and leaves a satin finish. It is too oily for my skin in summer, so I'm not sure if it's the right foundation for me. It is in fact very similar to the discontinued Stephane Marais. It offers less coverage than CdP but feels more hydrating as CdP can be drying. It offers more coverage compared to Chantecaille Future Skin, another hydrating, moisturizing cream foundation. About the gorgeous minimalist, but somewhat excessive packaging - it is contained within a hefty glass jar with a shiny black lid, it comes with a spatula and sponge beautifully packed with its own black carry case. The entire package is substantially heavy. The Suqqu line is beautifully, immaculately minimalist but maximalist in price - SAs even put on gloves when they show the products to the customers! This would be a great foundation for dry skin but I'd seriously balk at the ridiculous price - it isn't worth this much for what it does, although it is a superior product in the market, better than CdP or Chantecaille. I would theoretically buy this again if I have theoretically abundant cash, haha...

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

Suqqu is a Japanese brand of make-up and skincare designed for 'mature skin.' At present it is only available outside Asia at the London branch of Selfridge's. A make-up artist introduced me to the cream foundation, telling me that it was the best product she had ever used. It comes in a heavy glass pot, with a small spatula and a sponge. The texture is astounding. It simply glides on and gives a finish that ensures both maximum coverage but feels very light and sheer on the skin. The price is simply beyond belief: £60 for a small pot, but they are very generous with samples and there is some sort of loyalty card system. The only reason for giving it an overall rating of 4 instead of 5 is the eye-watering price. If you are in your fifties, have some disposable income and want a foundation for special occasions, as well as an everyday one from another brand, I can't recommend this highly enough. I will buy this again, but will use it sparingly. It's the Creme de la Mer of foundations.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age56 & Over