Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason commercial antiperspirants and deodorants make me smell sour once I start sweating. I have tried everything and am constantly paranoid that I stink. The other day someone raved about hibiclens on cafe for underarm issues so of course I went right out and bought it. I use it in the shower and use a nickel sized amount. It is really liquidy so is easy to waste if you're not careful. I leave it on my underarms while I wash my face and then rinse well. Ever since I have been using this I don't get any funky smell. I have used a different deodorant everyday just to see how it reacts and I haven't had any issues. This stuff is wonderful and has helped me get some confidence back

on 11/24/2015 10:39:00 AM

Had the worst acne of my life after using clarasonic. It literally looked like my skin was burned off and every pore was clogged. I literally cleared it by using noxema bacteria clearing cleanser, this wonderful cleanser, and cure zone silver gel as my moisturizer. This literally made all my pimples disappear overnight. This will be my new regimen.

on 1/25/2014 5:37:00 PM

After mucking about with primers, bb creams, OCM, and rich moisturizers like cerave, my skin became insanely bad! ALL my pores were clogged which eventually turned into the worst acne I've ever had. It turns out that I'm one of those few ppl whose skin hates anything with mineral oil or silicones (which are in everything!) and it ends up trapping oil and bacteria in my skin. Once I figured that out, I needed something to deal with the existing acne infections which were deep and numerous--this is where the hibiclens comes in.
For it to be most effective, you should wash your face with it for at least 3 minutes. It's supposed to continue working for 6 hrs as long as you don't put anything else on your face (as this can neutralize the effects). This is best for acne caused by bacteria rather than, say, hormonal acne. DO NOT get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, which means you have to be super careful if you're washing your face with it. This stuff, along with other good habits (like changing out my pillowcase), REALLY turned my skin around. Since it's not good to overuse antibacterial soaps I mostly only use it as a spot treatment now that my skin has cleared up.
Obviously, everyone's skin is different, so always spot test any new face product--what works for one person, won't work for others. If you're sensitive to red dyes, then check out some of the generic versions. I have tried everything: salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, neem oil, ACV, clays, etc. and none of them have come close to the effectiveness of hibiclens.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I have body acne and this product is the best for clearing it up. I use this product in the shower just like a body splash on the areas that are problematic and acne-prone. After splashing it on my skin, I rinse it off. It helps to clean up/heal existing spots and prevent future flare ups. There are generic forms of Hibiclens on the market, but I have found them to be inferior for my problem (I have tried the CVS & Walgreens generics).

on 7/22/2011 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing. It's a miracle product for me in fact.

I've tried every over the counter acne treatment and every drugstore cleanser, lotion, cream etc. I was also on a fairly strong anti-biotic for acne for a couple of years. Those worked at the time but I wasn't able to continue them.
My acne flared up again and it was getting to the point where I was waking up to a new patches of very sore spots and painful cystic spots, everyday. It started to really get me down.

I came across Hibiclens, (Hibiscrub in the UK), whilst desperately googling for something new to try. I got hold of some straight away and started using it twice a day. The very next day my skin had started to clear up. In 5 days it was 80% clear and in 2 weeks every single spot had gone. I still had a few reddish marks where they had been but within 2 months all those had gone too. It's been 4 months now and I don't have acne anymore. I get the odd 'normal' looking spot just before my period but it goes in a couple of days.

I have normal skin for the first time in 15 years and I put that down to using Hibiclens.

I use twice a day.I always wash my make up off first with a paraben free, oil free gel cleanser, then palm some of the red liquid and apply carefully with my fingers. I work it into a white creamy lather on my skin before adding a little water to foam it up slightly. Then finally squeeze eyes and mouth shut and rinse my cheeks with hot water, making sure to get it all off. As it continues to work over some hours, I don't moisturise at night so nothing can interfer with the process.

It is not made as a facial skin product so use with some caution. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes (screw them up tight and rinse very carefully), or your mouth and nose. It's very runny so you may find it easier to apply with a cotton pad depending on where you want it to go. The bottle can be awkward but easily dispensed into a little travel bottle with a pump if you like.

I would never be without it now. I wish I'd found it years ago.

on 5/12/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

this stuff clears up acne like no other. it also helps with any other sores/wounds, and keeps them from getting infected.

actually, i love this mostly for the antiseptic smell... it smells just like a hospital. mmmmm.

on 1/14/2009 2:22:00 PM

Long review, sorry~

Background: 40 yrs old with highly acne prone, sensitive, combo skin(what a mess). I was extremely oily for the first 39 1/2 years of life. I've always had light to moderate acne. In the last 4 to 5 months I've become combo skinned with moderate jaw line acne. Additionally my pores have become clogged all over, ecspecially on my chin. I am allergic to BP so I must use salicylic acid. Ok so lets cut to the chase..I've tried many many acne washes and wipes. I've always been scared to death of anything with oil or that has any form of moisturizer (oily skin). I'm careful of my foundation (oily skin) as it always slides right off and/or turns a lovely shade of orange. I have very fair, pink skin. So I read the reviews for hibiclens here and on a few other sites. I figured why not? I've been using it twice daily for a week and a half. The results are not AMAZING but they are great. My skin is clearer, pores are most certainly less clogged. My acne is healing MUCH quicker and I'm less red faced all over.

I use this twice daily. First I use a bar of sulfur based soap for a general wash. Then I pour about a teaspoon of hibiclens into my hands and spread carefully over my face. I rub it in for about 30 seconds, then I add the same amount again and use a drug store brand buff puff single to lightly scrub my face. I use the buff puff singles with no medication on them. I get about 3 days per single. The trick after this is to let the foam sit on your face for at least 2-3 minutes before rinsing. Do not get this in your eyes. I find it does actually foam pretty good.

At night I follow this with the walgreens 8% AHA cream, which I started at the same time (thank you mua reviewers). Just a small dot on my cheeks, nose, chin and jaw line. In the morning my skin looks WAY better. Still an occasional blemish but the cystic acne is gone for the most part.

I will continue to use this as long as it helps. It was about $10.00 for 8ozs. The flip top lid makes it a little hard to dispense as the product is very very thin and pink (think kool aid). This has made great improvements to my skin. If you have acne prone skin this won't make it worse and it might help.