4.2

$36.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

6 months ago

I can't believe I waited this long to purchase this! I have only owned this for about a year and a half. I don't use this as a highlighter, but more as a blush with highlighter. I am NC30, with neutral/olive undertones. I wear this on my light makeup, or on my no makeup/makeup days. I use a Morphe angled blush brush to apply. This contains more product than a normal MAC blush. Mineralize Skinfinish is at .35 oz, where regular MAC blush is at .21 oz. Definitely will repurchase when I run out. I know some out there say this reformulated version is nothing like the original formulation, but if you never tried the first one, you won't have anything to compare it to. Just like the name states, it give a soft and gentle glow to your cheeks.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

This Mineralize Skinfinish came with a kit of nude colors and it's a Caucasian Flesh-colored skinfinish. It's described as "medium warm dark beige". It goes on lighter and less "glowy" than the old "Shimpagne" (a shiny brownish peach) and less dark than current color "cheeky bronze" and darker than "Lightscapade" which is a re-issue from a long-ago ballet-themed release and is a light white-pink-blue mix that was one of my "holy grail" glow the face colors. It gives a good all over glow if you are fair to medium. As to being a "blinding highlighter" no. Mineralize Skinfinish never were that. You can get a bit of concentrated glow if you try but the current fad for a patch of really bright light on the face? Nope. For that you need Ofra's product or Anastasia or Jeffree Star or I guess Kylie (not a fan here. Her stuff is hit or miss for me.) Application with one of those duo-fiber brushes like Sigma F50 or a Morphe M447 will give a good all-over glow (I use the duo fiber type) A fan brush will give a bit of a highlight but not "blinding". Not much glitter. Summary: good all over highlighter for glow on fair-medium skin (not too medium I'm a Mac C25-30 and that's about as dark as I'd go.) It can go on lips or eyes but it's subtle. Lasts a long time. Note: the packaging has changed a bit. It used to be the big compact with a large window. Now the window is smaller and there is no catch to put your thumbnail in to open it. A bit frustrating. I leave the plastic shield on to protect the surface if traveling, to stop dusting in the compact.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 months ago

I couldn’t get this open without a rubber glove the first 10x then it loosened up and cooperated. Yes it has some glitter so if you don’t like a little glitter there are other highlights for you. I like this even on my lids. I wear on my summer spring winter fall skintone which varies from nw20 to fake tan nc43!! I happen to love it. Depending on my mood. I have non glitter highlights and even pure glitter ones. This is my mid glitter. Lol.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 months ago

This highlighter is quite glittery. When I use it, I apply it lightly. If I'm not light handed with it, it emphasizes my pores, and I have good skin, with no marks nor wrinkles, so I wouldn't recommend this if you have marks, acne or wrinkles that you don't want to emphasize, tbh. What's really nice about this highlighter is that it doesn't give skin a powdery look: it makes skin look glossy, almost wet. I think it's great for photos or night time use, but I don't like it as an everyday highlighter, since I prefer something more lowkey and without noticeable glitter when I'm up close and personal in the daylight. The shade is great for light to medium skin tones. The packaging is nice and sturdy, and it lasts a very long time. I've had mine for years now, and it still looks brand new. But if I ever run out of it, I don't think I'd buy it again.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

10 months ago

Its a very pretty highlight but I'd suggest you use this if you're very fair. On tan to deep skin it can just look like an ashy strip on the skin. The glitter also was a bit chunky and noticeable.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

The best highlighter ever. My HG. I've been looking for a good highlighter over the past few years and I just couldn't find the right now until I found this baby. I've had Becca in Opal which is also amazing but a tad too dark for my complexion. Soft and Gentle is like the perfect shade for my skintone. It's a bit pricy but I'm sure it will last me a long time. The texture isn't soft to the touch since it's a baked formula but it applies amazing on the skin, no skin texture enhanced, amazing dewy glow. You can build this up for an extreme glow. It does have tiny particles of shimmer and glitter but when applied on the skin they just melt right in and create the most beautiful glow. The only downside with MAC is that they're not cruelty free and they are quite expensive.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3.0
from

a year ago

It's very natural but what ruins it is the glitter. Way too much glitter, as someone who is reaching 30 I would prefer a less shimmery highlighter over this. Too bad, because the light peach color is very versatile. I'm not buying it again as it is laying unused in my makeup stash, I always end up reaching for the ones with no glitter.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

This is my favorite highlighter and I use it almost everyday. It's natural but at the same time it has little bit golden shimmer. You can layer it and make it super intense if you want. In my opinion it's fool proof. This product will last me basically forever. I have had this product since 2015 and I'm still able to get so much use out of this. When I bought this I didn't have a lot of money. However this product was worth the price. It's staple in my make up routine. My skin tone is maybe fair to medium depending on season. Shade Soft & Gentle is perfect for me. I think that this shade works best for warm and maybe neutral undertone. I'm not sure about my undertone but it's probably neutral-warm. I don't really have anything bad to say about this highlighter. The packaging is maybe little bit ugly but for me it doesn't matter.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

This is the one highlighter I always go back to because it looks so natural on my fair skin and it lasts a long time.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

a year ago

Adds a soft glow to the face

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18