Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation

Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation
Mineral Fusion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Mineral Fusion is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Boron Nitride, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Hydrolyzed Mango Juice Extract, Hydrolyzed Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Fruit Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Rooibus Red Tea Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Pomegranate Seed Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Sambucus Nigra Fruit (Elderberry), Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/22/2017 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm impressed with this so far. I just started new skincare which has made my skin breakout bad . I'm sure it's just shaking things up. I've never had good skin though. But I have to say, this makes my skin look much healthier than it is. I'm not oily or dry looking. It provides a radiance I can't get on my own. I got the warm2 color which is perfect for my nc20 coloring. I'm really liking so far. Easy to apply and layer.

This is my absolute favorite pressed powder; it has a beautiful texture and adds a nice layer of coverage for days when my skin misbehaves or I do not want to wear a full coverage liquid foundation. It does not break me out or make my face itch like some other mineral foundations and it sets my makeup beautifully It is perfectly matte. I do not use it to touch up, as I have a different powder in my office for that (Cover FX). I always have a backup of this powder in the shade Cool 2.

on 11/18/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I was not able to find a color match, so it looks a bit chalky/mask like - even if I wear it very sheer, my skin looks better without it! I do like that it doesn't have shimmer and can give a more matte look. I do not like that the packaging does not leave room for a cosmetic puff for convenience on the go. Even if I had gotten my color match, I think I might be able to see this product sitting on my face when inspecting closely - it doesn't blend into the skin well. I didn't have an easy time figuring out the best color match - some of the shades themselves look extremely similar, I definitely recommend that you head out to a store with testers and try them out on your skin. To me, none of the ones I tried seemed to have a yellow enough undertone. I've now got 2 other guesses about what color might work for me, but they aren't colors available locally....I'll update if I am ever able to try out a shade that matches my skin - possibly Olive 4 or Deep 2. But another detail I noticed with this - it really stuck to and emphasized every hair on my face. So for example, my nose looked fuzzy with powder. If I got a better color match, maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Update: I've had much better luck with Honeybee Gardens both in terms of shade and consistency, it blends into my skin much better, so I'm no longer even interested in Mineral Fusion's powder.

on 11/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried pretty much every mainstream mineral foundation and some independent ones too and this has got to be the BEST one out there. I picked it up in shade Warm 2 at my local Whole Foods Market and it is a good match. When I apply it with my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki I get medium to full coverage in just 2 light layers. I then use a concealer brush and apply it to any pesky spots. The finish looks natural and doesn't emphasize my large pores or oily skin. It lasts all day without separating or moving around. Been wearing it now that the weather is colder and it doesn't cling to any dry patches either. My skin just looks smooth and healthy.

on 12/21/2015 5:05:00 PM

This is such an underrated product. I own all kinds of mineral powders, including Bare Minerals, Pur Minerals and Tarte, and this one is by far the best. I have combo-oily skin with some flaky bits, and a really, really hard time finding something that doesn't break me out. This guy is def my HG atm.

Pros:
- natural looking
- lightweight
- good coverage (solid medium)
- great packaging
- very little fallout
- long-lasting (even wihtout primer/setting powder)
- decent shade selection
- doesn't break me out :D :D :D
- doesn't feel tight and dehydrating like many powders

Cons:
- no oil control. literally none.
- pricey
- limited shades available (at least in zehrs, where I buy it)
- oxidizes a bit (if you're oily)

I just pat this over my face after moisturizing with a dense kabuki. I think this would be perfect for people with normal to slightly dry skin. Although it doesn't control oil, my oils somehow don't break it down after an entire day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin with many closed comedones and slight redness on my cheeks, dark circles beneath my eyes and clogged pores; I get a few breakouts here and there but my main issue is more with skin texture and quality, rather than acne. When I do wear makeup, I usually go for their liquid foundation, which is perfect for my oily/acne prone skin, and use this product as a sort of setting powder to give it more of a matte look; the combination of this two products works incredibly! I have used it by itself, but my skin has so many comedones and imperfections, it's not really enough coverage for my needs, but could definitely recommend it for someone looking for a lighter foundation.

I never have any problems with breakouts, or my makeup caking/melting off my face when I wear this powder--it actually has the opposite effect, my skin is almost always better afterI use it. The mineral formula also does wonders for skin's redness. Using the foundation and this powder alongside a matte effect primer and setting spray has completely changed my life! Works perfectly for my needs.

on 7/7/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These minerals were on a mission to mess with my face...I broke out in a rash from this. Not sure what the culprit is/was, but I will stick with BE Ready.

on 9/30/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have pale, sensitive, oily, mature skin. I tried this foundation, and I will say that the color Neutral 1 matched me perfectly. Rarely do I find that - usually they make me too pink. The downside is that it did not help with oil - even with a primer underneath and powder on top. It also broke me out. If you have normal skin this might work for you.

on 3/5/2014 6:38:00 PM

Through my search for an HG foundation and just a foundation to get me through the bitter cold and dry winter, I revamped my skin care routine. I went to Whole Foods and was helped by a VERY knowledgable lady. She advised me on some products for cleansing and moisturizing and even touched upon cosmetics. She suggested the Mineral Fusion BB cream and mixing it with a lighter tinted moisturizer to get a color match. I tried this, but I really didn't like the way it felt and transferred onto everything. So, I took that back and got this powder in Neutral 2. I did some research and realized there weren't many reviews and want to add one.

This company uses a portion of their proceeds to go towards organizations devoted to helping Domestic Abuse Victims. The company is also cruelty free and has many vegan products. Mineral Fusion started as the GloMinerals made for Whole Foods brand and has developed into its own company and product line (though many are similar to Glo).

This powder has several ingredients that are good for your skin and help with moisture (which seems strange since it is a powder). I have dry skin and was worried about trying it, but it has turned out to be FABULOUS. Unlike Glo's pressed powder, this does not settle into my creases and stays put pretty well, even without primer. Sometimes I do add some tinted moisturizer first, just to add a little extra moisture, but not always. It also doesn't really seem to transfer and stands up to the winter cold and indoor warm temperatures. It also seems to last throughout the day, including a gym visit. I have tried a couple application methods, but I really like using my Real Techniques' blender brush with spot concealer treatment on acne spots.

Pros: Good for your skin
Good company values
Nice compact
Buildable coverage - can be sheer or medium
Easy to touch up

Cons: Is a little pricey, but when WF has a sale or on Amazon has good options
Should get matched in store because tones online are tricky (but that's my feeling about all makeup)

on 6/23/2014 12:46:00 AM

Got this in Feb and in the cold months it looks good on but now since it's hot & humid, no matter what primer or lotion I use, it cakes up and causes me to have a mega oil face. My skin it somewhat oily anyway and this makes it 10xs worse. It doesn't have the greatest coverage but I'm to lazy to go back to liquid. I wouldn't buy it again nor recommend it. Going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see what else they offer.