Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/4/2010 11:04:00 PM

Shipping for this was FAST. It came in a week! I love everything about this palette, the colours are AMAZING. I love trying out different looks because there are just infinite possibilities with all these colors! LOVE IT

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Good selection of colors, but most of them are very chalky, I use very high quality brushes to make these eyeshadows work.

on 7/16/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

PROS
- super cheap, especially on ebay
- just about every colour you would ever need
- makes following youtube tutorials easy because the right color is always there
- the colors are really pretty
- you'll save money by not purchasing expensive bold colors you'll rarely wear
- my palette came from china in perfect condition with no broken shadows
- colors are really well pigmented
- this kills lemmings. I just deliberately duped an urban decay ammo look with this palette and now have no desire to purchase it. aces.
- using this palette will teach you the ropes on how to use multiple colors to achieve a gradient look

CONS
- colors are not amazingly pigmented like nyx quality or wnw quality or mac quality but the pigmentation is better than annabelle and on par with almay
- eyeshadows have a funky smell and they're from a no-name brand from china, where there's poor regulation
- you'll need some matte crease shades or at least a matte highlighter to use with this palette; a full eye with this palette alone will be teenager-shimmery

WORTH PURCHASING?
Yes. This is one of those makeup staples that every girl who is into makeup should have.

on 5/14/2010 1:57:00 AM

I am absolutely in love with this palette. It is definitely one of my many "must haves." It has every color imaginable, literally. You will never have to buy another palette ever again. Plus, the pigmentation is fabulous! With my olive skin, a lot of shimmery eye shadows do not show up well... but this is not the case with these colors. I absolutely love it! This palette is also dirt cheap, arrives fairly quickly and lasts a while!

on 4/23/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great pigmentation, great variety, great price. 'Nuff said.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This palette is amazing! Great color payout, a great assortment of colors and a handy palette. What more could you ask for?

There is some fallout, but that is expected with many eyeshadows, which is why I put my face makeup on after I do my eyes. Also, use these shadows with an eyeshadow base and paint pot. You won't be disappointed. With that said, I have used these shadows without primers as well and it does give a slight crease midday, but I just swipe back over it with a travel eyeshadow brush and it continues to look great.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

*edit* - I didn't mention it last time but there is a lot of fallout with this so it is best to use this before applying any makeup to your face. Also I feel like the texture is kind of crumbly compared to my warm palette. VERY shimmery so now I'm kind of wishing I bought the matte palette. Anyway if you want a lot of shimmer then this is still the best option of course :) Also, I find that the best way to deal with the fallout is to spray some mixing medium on your brush and then using the eye shadow. The colour will be more intense and will stay on longer.

I ordered this and the warm palette along with some brushes and gel liners off Coastal Scents on 28 Decemeber (I live in Hong Kong) and even with standard international shipping it arrived 8 hours before expected. In short, shipping is great and everything was wrapped in tons of bubble wrap and I didn't have a single broken shadow. The reason I took one lippie off is that international shipping can get very expensive and I don't like how they do it based on weight rather than how much you spent. International shipping rates have reduced on a lot of website so I found this significantly expensive.

Anyway I don't regret it because this palette is amazing. All the colours are very pigmented and they are beautiful! I honestly don't need anything else (having this and the warm palette). The shimmer is really pretty. I have extremely sensitive eyelids and have not had any problems with this. I really do think you need a primer with this because the colours will look much much prettier. You don't need to spend tons of money on a primer. You could use just a bit of foundation but I would recommend making your own eye primer. (Go to Youtube and search Enkore eye primer - very simple and works great). I love how with this palette I can watch any make up tutorials and replicate the look because I have either the exact colour or something very similar. Love it :) A must buy if you're on a budget but still want all the colours you could have :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i would buy this again..not that id have to!! these colours are soooo pigmented and beautiful. i bought this after watching some reviews on youtube and seriously...this lives up to the expectations!! especially at only 20 bucks a pop! absolutely beautiful colours and shimmery not straight up sparkley. love it!!!

I received this in a swap, so in all fairness I have no idea how well it was taken care of before I got it, but quite a few of the little pots have popped out, and obviously have done that before and were glued back in. As far as quality of the actual product goes though I am quite happy. Most of the colours are very pigmented, and have a good texture. Some stay on well and some not so much, but they all need a base. I have not had any irritation yet, and the blend well. The colours are nice over all, but it lacks a great purple and a great yellow or orange. I am happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone, especially for the price. I store mine with a paper towel in it and an elastic wrapped around it.

on 12/23/2008 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this again because i can't see myself using them all up or even running out on one e/s. I have this and the original 88 palette and i tend to use the original one more often. I use this when my shadows are too matte and use these to give it an extra something to my shadows. I would say to get both of the palettes but if you can only get one then get the original one.